Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice
Angry Filed EAD online and don't have receipt number

Ok, I made a slight mistake (rather, my computer did). I filed my EAD renewal online yesterday. After making the payment, I tried to print the receipt and my browser crashed!!!!! I could not note down the receipt number. USCIS does not even send you an email confirmation.

Now, question is, how do I get the receipt number and the PDF file? I have emailed the DHS support email.

Thanks
__________________
------------------------
hopelessGC

I am not an attorney. Any opinions I express here are solely based on my personal knowledge, experience, and common sense. They should not be taken as legal advice.
-------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice
Default Update

UPDATE:

I just called the USCIS National Service center number and spoke with an agent. As usual, no help. He just asked me to wait until I receive the receipt in mail. He cannot look up the applications by the A#.

Now question is, how am I supposed to send all the supporting documents without the confirmation receipt?

I am starting to get worried
__________________
------------------------
hopelessGC

I am not an attorney. Any opinions I express here are solely based on my personal knowledge, experience, and common sense. They should not be taken as legal advice.
-------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 07-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 330
ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute
Default

You should get the Receipt number in about 7 days via US mail. Once you get a receipt number, send an email to: E-Filing.Support@dhs.gov including your receipt number. You will get the pdf document in an email within 1 day.

Attach a copy of that to your supporting documentation and mail them to the address indicated in the pdf document.

EAD is a very straightforward application - Nothing to get worried.
__________________
This is not legal advice
Total Contributions to date:: over $750
PD Oct 2006/EB2/India
I140 approval Oct 2006
I485 filed Jul 2 07
I485 approved on Jul 25 2011
Received green cards on Jul 28 2011
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 07-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5
riazahamed is on a distinguished road
Default How to File for EAD renewal online?

Hi,

My EAD is expiring by September 14, 2010 and I'd like to renew it online. My I-485 is pending for processing at Nebraska Service Center. Please explain me how to apply online for EAD renewal and what are the documents required?

I'd like to know which is the fastest way of getting my EAD renewal? Online (or) sending the papers to Nebraska Service center. Your advise is appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
Riaz Ahamed
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 07-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaonline View Post
You should get the Receipt number in about 7 days via US mail. Once you get a receipt number, send an email to: E-Filing.Support@dhs.gov including your receipt number. You will get the pdf document in an email within 1 day.

Attach a copy of that to your supporting documentation and mail them to the address indicated in the pdf document.

EAD is a very straightforward application - Nothing to get worried.
Thanks, I have already emailed them with my A#. Lets see if they can find it using that. Otherwise, I will wait for the receipt and send the email again.
__________________
------------------------
hopelessGC

I am not an attorney. Any opinions I express here are solely based on my personal knowledge, experience, and common sense. They should not be taken as legal advice.
-------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 268
H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riazahamed View Post
Hi,

My EAD is expiring by September 14, 2010 and I'd like to renew it online. My I-485 is pending for processing at Nebraska Service Center. Please explain me how to apply online for EAD renewal and what are the documents required?

I'd like to know which is the fastest way of getting my EAD renewal? Online (or) sending the papers to Nebraska Service center. Your advise is appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
Riaz Ahamed
E-filing might be the quickest but it all depends on case by case.See the link below where you need to reigister your ID/Psswd.

https://efiling.uscis.dhs.gov/efile/

select I-765 Form after that and fill up all the fields.Print the Confirmation page an send it along with the supporting Docs:


Documents:

- Photos (2). A# on the Back
- Copy of I-485
- Copy of previous EAD.
- Copy of upper portion of the Letter you received along with EAD card(if you have)
- Drivers Licence (no harm by sending it.Make sure the address on DL is same as USCIS)
- Confirmation Page with Bar code.
- A Sample letter to request EAD Renewal.(Search on this forum or on .com)
- Application Page (I-765) .

Do this ASAP. looks like you a little late in renewng.90+ Days is the bench mark for all renewals.

good luck!!
__________________

Contributed : $225
Help IV to help yourself!!

EB2-India
Labor PD: 11/2005
I-140 AD: 07/2006
I-485 RD: 07/02/2007
I-485 AD: :8/4/2010
Card Received : 8/13/2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 07-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1B-GC View Post
E-filing might be the quickest but it all depends on case by case.See the link below where you need to reigister your ID/Psswd.

https://efiling.uscis.dhs.gov/efile/

select I-765 Form after that and fill up all the fields.Print the Confirmation page an send it along with the supporting Docs:


Documents:

- Photos (2). A# on the Back
- Copy of I-485
- Copy of previous EAD.
- Copy of upper portion of the Letter you received along with EAD card(if you have)
- Drivers Licence (no harm by sending it.Make sure the address on DL is same as USCIS)
- Confirmation Page with Bar code.
- A Sample letter to request EAD Renewal.(Search on this forum or on .com)
- Application Page (I-765) .

Do this ASAP. looks like you a little late in renewng.90+ Days is the bench mark for all renewals.

good luck!!
DON'T send photos if renewing online. It is clearly stated in this link.

USCIS - Photographs and Fingerprints
__________________
------------------------
hopelessGC

I am not an attorney. Any opinions I express here are solely based on my personal knowledge, experience, and common sense. They should not be taken as legal advice.
-------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 268
H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelessGC View Post
DON'T send photos if renewing online. It is clearly stated in this link.

USCIS - Photographs and Fingerprints
I debated whether to send or not send the photographs. Not all times would you get biometrics notice. some times the fingeprints automatically gets refreshed.so just sent it.
__________________

Contributed : $225
Help IV to help yourself!!

EB2-India
Labor PD: 11/2005
I-140 AD: 07/2006
I-485 RD: 07/02/2007
I-485 AD: :8/4/2010
Card Received : 8/13/2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 07-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
kxramak is on a distinguished road
Wink check your credit card statement

Please check your credit card statement...
When ever I pay for EAD or AP, I see following description in my online creadit card statement (Amex).

***************************

BCISI765 FEE 00000008003755283 340.00
LINXXXXXXXXXX

Fees

Doing Business As: BCISI765 PAY.GOV 13
Merchant Address: P O BOX 5000
WILLISTON
VT
WILLISTON
05495
UNITED STATES
Reference Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Dispute/Inquire about this charge

Category: Other - Government Services

*****************************
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 58
sammas is on a distinguished road
Default E-Filing.Support@dhs.gov

HopelessGC,

I had similar issue like yours with H4 renewal. I sent an email to E-Filing.Support@dhs.gov with the details like A#, 485 Receipt Number etc., and DHS responded back asking for below details.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Applicant,

Please answer the following questions in order to assist you further.

1) How did you pay for your application (credit card or bank account)?
2) What is the name on the payment account?
3) What date did you file?
4) What form are you filing?

We will use this information to search for your application and provide you a Confirmation Receipt.

Thank you,
e-Filing Support Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After I responded to their questions, I received the below email with Confirmation Receipt as an attachment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Applicant,

Attached, please find the PDF file containing your e-Filing Confirmation Receipt. Please review the Confirmation Receipt for next step instructions. For security reasons, we are not authorized to send copies of the completed application. You may request a copy by contacting your Service Center .

Thank you,
e-Filing Support Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 58
sammas is on a distinguished road
Default

Even though USCIS mentions that Photos are not required, a friend of mine was sent an RFE to send the photographs. So, it is always advisable to send the photographs along with supporting documentation. Also, make sure to write the A# and Name on the back of each photograph.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 07-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice
Default

Great info guys. Thanks!

For now, I have emailed DHS with my A#. I will wait for their response.

My credit card statement does not show the receipt number in the description.

Will update once I hear anything.
__________________
------------------------
hopelessGC

I am not an attorney. Any opinions I express here are solely based on my personal knowledge, experience, and common sense. They should not be taken as legal advice.
-------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 07-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammas View Post
HopelessGC,

I had similar issue like yours with H4 renewal. I sent an email to E-Filing.Support@dhs.gov with the details like A#, 485 Receipt Number etc., and DHS responded back asking for below details.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Applicant,

Please answer the following questions in order to assist you further.

1) How did you pay for your application (credit card or bank account)?
2) What is the name on the payment account?
3) What date did you file?
4) What form are you filing?

We will use this information to search for your application and provide you a Confirmation Receipt.

Thank you,
e-Filing Support Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After I responded to their questions, I received the below email with Confirmation Receipt as an attachment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Applicant,

Attached, please find the PDF file containing your e-Filing Confirmation Receipt. Please review the Confirmation Receipt for next step instructions. For security reasons, we are not authorized to send copies of the completed application. You may request a copy by contacting your Service Center .

Thank you,
e-Filing Support Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps!

Received the same email from DHS today and already sent a response.

Just one clarification, for "What is the name on the payment account?" question, I wrote my own name since I am the card owner. Is that correct?

Thanks
__________________
------------------------
hopelessGC

I am not an attorney. Any opinions I express here are solely based on my personal knowledge, experience, and common sense. They should not be taken as legal advice.
-------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 07-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 58
sammas is on a distinguished road
Default

It depends on how you made the payment during efiling. If you used your CC then the answer is your name as on CC or if you used your bank account then the name as in your bank account is the answer.

In my case, they took 1 day to send Confirmation Receipt after I sent them the info. I think you should also get the email pretty soon.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 07-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 757
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I am paper filing my application. One more I have is:

Can i send Certified mail or I should send this in a regular mail? What is allowed?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Didn't receive receipt number for EAD/AP filed on July 2nd ImmiUser All other Green Card Issues 3 11-26-2007 09:34 PM
Receipt Number Sree_GC Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing 1 10-24-2007 05:49 PM
Got a copy of I-140 receipt but no such receipt number on USCIS.gov sent4dc Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times 4 09-15-2007 02:36 PM
Can Spouse 485 be filed without receipt number? harshailan Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 0 07-18-2007 08:24 PM
EAC in Receipt number pan123 Non-Immigrant Visas 1 01-10-2007 04:23 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 (Unregistered)
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org