Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2004
Chargeability
:
Albania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2007
Compare
Anna35 is infamous around these parts Anna35 is infamous around these parts Anna35 is infamous around these parts Anna35 is infamous around these parts
Default So. What is the result after the Rally?

Ok, I've seen a lot of threads about go to the rally, actions items, I've reading a lot of guys saying dont ask for your receipt status, dont waste your time etc, etc.

Yes we did the rally we were great with all those signs, and appearing in the Indy TV but...

Question remains open:

1. When are they going to increase the GC quota?
2. When congress id going to do something?

I've the feeling that that's it we made our point but we are still with no GC, waiting receipts..............
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna35 View Post
Ok, I've seen a lot of threads about go to the rally, actions items, I've reading a lot of guys saying dont ask for your receipt status, dont waste your time etc, etc.

Yes we did the rally we were great with all those signs, and appearing in the Indy TV but...

Question remains open:

I've the feeling that that's it we made our point but we are still with no GC, waiting receipts..............

Things don't happen so soon, and that too with law makers. Our purpose of rally was to bring awareness in media, public and Lawmakers. and in that part I think we did reasonably good. Now, things are into Law makers hands and it may take time to resolve immigration system, as its been screwed from decades.

Keep your hopes alive and just wait and watch. There's nothing we can do more.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of

Quote:

Question remains open:

Things don't happen overnight... From your questions it looks like you half expected lawmakers to come out in the rally and announce that we hereby increase visa numbers to ####. Things dont happen that way.

The rally put our issues in front of the lawmakers eyes so they can help in influencing and introducing legislation for us... and when they do, we need to be equally active as for the CIR with faxes and emails and calls to lawmakers...

Old 09-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default sorry..

Quote:

Question remains open:

sorry i have to ask you this question, (after seeing your post), did you attend the rally??
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
485Question is a jewel in the rough 485Question is a jewel in the rough 485Question is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Question remains open:

Be patient buddy, wait and see.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute
Default What sort of post is this

Quote:
What, are you 4 yrs. old man? If one works sincerely towards the cause, then he will realize the answer themselves, please try & think about that. Please help us work towards the goal. Nothing happens overnight, hope you are old & experienced enough to realize that or you must be an armchair quarterback. Please listen to "Time" by Pink Floyd & get your priorities straight.
U.S. STEM Graduate been here since 1997 | >$15k for GC w/no end in sight

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin, July 4th, 1776

Last edited by cygent; 09-19-2007 at 04:13 PM.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Question remains open:

Anna 35: You are not serious are you?? You wanted to hand out IV Rally fliers to Congressmen and them to hand you out your greencard.??

Its hardly 24 hours since the rally is over..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/

Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default civil rights

Quote:

Question remains open:

I would strongly suggest you read the history of civil rights legislation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Compared to civil rights movement ours is much smaller in size and strength. Change happens very slow in a democracy.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Question remains open:

Let me explain you in very human form: Baby is the fruit. It takes 9 months to get that fruit. To get that fruit humans put effort ( You know what I mean...). When they put effort, immediately they do not look for baby.. They wait for 9 months.. Correct.. Just apply this analogy to the struggle what we have initiated.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
Let me explain you in very human form: Baby is the fruit. It takes 9 months to get that fruit. To get that fruit humans put effort ( You know what I mean...). When they put effort, immediately they do not look for baby.. They wait for 9 months.. Correct.. Just apply this analogy to the struggle what we have initiated.
ROFL!!!! )

Old 09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
485InDreams can only hope to improve

I believe, This will create some pressure on Strive Act.....

Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2004
Chargeability
:
Albania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2007
Compare
Anna35 is infamous around these parts Anna35 is infamous around these parts Anna35 is infamous around these parts Anna35 is infamous around these parts
Default Cant do nothing?

You know that's my point. do you really think we can't do nothing more?.....

we are highly sklilled smart and great immigrants creating the new America of the 21st century we can't just say, thats it lets wait.....

This country is about money, and we have the tremendous advantage that elections are coming, lets see the big picture.. why dont we jump to the next level from street protesters to work with one of the candidates or 2 or 3 , if they see money they will push our cause. Lets work on that now...

So those guys who attended the hearings or met with senators. what was the result? what did they accomplished? did they get the opportunity to participate with the senator or law maker in an action plan? or we just wasted that opportunity asking for autographs? please those guys post your comments.

I'm no negative just wondering how to measure the success of the rally?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jk333 is on a distinguished road
Default I see your point..But.

Hi Anna,

I see your point. You want to keep the momentum and keep
striking the iron when its hot.

But lets give the IV core and volunteers a few nights of good
sleep. They have all been working really hard and deserve this.

I am sure they have a strategic roadmap for us..

Quote:
You know that's my point. do you really think we can't do nothing more?.....

we are highly sklilled smart and great immigrants creating the new America of the 21st century we can't just say, thats it lets wait.....

This country is about money, and we have the tremendous advantage that elections are coming, lets see the big picture.. why dont we jump to the next level from street protesters to work with one of the candidates or 2 or 3 , if they see money they will push our cause. Lets work on that now...

So those guys who attended the hearings or met with senators. what was the result? what did they accomplished? did they get the opportunity to participate with the senator or law maker in an action plan? or we just wasted that opportunity asking for autographs? please those guys post your comments.

I'm no negative just wondering how to measure the success of the rally?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kkartikeya is on a distinguished road
Default appreciate the efforts

just FYI..sanjose rally which i also attended and flower campaign( IV members and supporters) was the main and only reason why government change the july visa bulletin by accepting application till august 17th.Luckily i was able to file in that period. I got my reciepts but still waiting for finger printing notice and all and I know if we will not do anything final GC will take another 10 years...so please keep doing this and participating when you can and hats off immigration voice

Old 09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
priderock is an unknown quantity at this point

No one can expect the result on the second day after the rally. And I get RED for stating the obvious