Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 09-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nshantha has a spectacular aura about nshantha has a spectacular aura about

There is Greencard lottery but India is not eligible for this
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venky08 is a jewel in the rough venky08 is a jewel in the rough venky08 is a jewel in the rough
Talking hmmmmmm.. nice one !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkAurAaya View Post
veny08 fact is there is green card lottery system
-> and the joke is that they are drawing names from a hat in DC

Old 09-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold
Default Newbie, but great question!

Looks like this is posted by a 'senior member'. Not to get branded as a fool, created a new handle today to ask this 'great' question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1234 View Post
I have heard from a couple of folks that they have met some senior senetors like Bob Dole and have influnced INS to speed up their case of GC processing. Is this true ? .
If this is true is there a way to stop the influence by senetors so that these everyone gets a fair chance of getting their GC.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prinive is a jewel in the rough prinive is a jewel in the rough prinive is a jewel in the rough
Default This is TRUE

My friend's cousine got his GC 6 months back. He did meet and send mails to individual senators continously for a year and finally he got his GC. So this is true.

Quote:
I have heard from a couple of folks that they have met some senior senetors like Bob Dole and have influnced INS to speed up their case of GC processing. Is this true ? .
If this is true is there a way to stop the influence by senetors so that these everyone gets a fair chance of getting their GC.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinive View Post
My friend's cousine got his GC 6 months back. He did meet and send mails to individual senators continously for a year and finally he got his GC. So this is true.
Sounds like he got it in due course of time.... and as someone already pointed out it may help if you are stuck in name check for a very long time and your dates are current.

Did he get his GC while his PD was outside of the "current" date (Visa Bulletin)... is the question? if he did then i want to meet this friend of yours

Old 09-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road

This is just a rumor, even if this is true, why do bother pulling one smart crab trying to get out, if you really wants to make some difference you would have joined thousands marching in DC

Old 09-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prinive is a jewel in the rough prinive is a jewel in the rough prinive is a jewel in the rough
Default Please make a visit to NY

I dont remeber the dates were current 6 months back. But NO HIS DATES were not current. Last week some one got the GC (EB3/RIR/Feb 2002/India). I dont think EB3 for india was feb 2002 last week. Please make a visit to NY. I can help you to reach this friend.

Quote:
Sounds like he got it in due course of time.... and as someone already pointed out it may help if you are stuck in name check for a very long time and your dates are current.

Did he get his GC while his PD was outside of the "current" date (Visa Bulletin)... is the question? if he did then i want to meet this friend of yours

Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinive View Post
I dont remeber the dates were current 6 months back. But NO HIS DATES were not current. Last week some one got the GC (EB3/RIR/Feb 2002/India). I dont think EB3 for india was feb 2002 last week. Please make a visit to NY. I can help you to reach this friend.
Thanks for your reply! I have more questions about his PD/Name Check status etc... Can you please PM me your friends name + # and your name for reference? I will talk to him

I'm not sure why I have to visit Ny for this (although its just across the river from me)...

Old 09-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Yes

Before i give you his number, I will talk with him and send out a PM to you...

Quote:
Thanks for your reply! I have more questions about his PD/Name Check status etc... Can you please PM me your friends name + # and your name for reference? I will talk to him

I'm not sure why I have to visit Ny for this (although its just across the river from me)...

Old 09-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2007
Compare
superdude has a spectacular aura about superdude has a spectacular aura about

Registred and started a thread on the same day to ask one question....Join the team and contribute to make some difference.IV is lobbying for everyone not for individuals.
Quote:

Thanks in advance
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcsngh has a spectacular aura about gcsngh has a spectacular aura about gcsngh has a spectacular aura about
Default Switch On Cnn Now!!!

Cnn Now...