Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psczd4 will become famous soon enough
Default message on Business week...

http://www.businessweek.com/

Great work folks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JDV is on a distinguished road

Hi IV
Great job on the rally. I sure understand the dedication, commitment and hard work you guys have put in to it. Hope we see some action from the legistlators, after all your effort and sleepless ness for the past few days.
Heartfelt thanks for doing this.
Thanks!!

Old 09-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcsngh has a spectacular aura about gcsngh has a spectacular aura about gcsngh has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Switch On Cnn Now!!!

Watch Cnn Now...6:40 Pm Est...

Old 09-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice

i see jeff sessions on lou dobbs - what did i miss?

Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2001
Compare
akkakarla has a spectacular aura about akkakarla has a spectacular aura about akkakarla has a spectacular aura about
Default Watching CNN - Lou Dobbs Program

I am watching CNN - Lou Dobbs program and it mentioned that our(immigrants rally) is AMNESTY.

Goes on saying that relief for EB based cards are passed back door and under the radar. They showed a brief clip of the rally

Old 09-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
aviko21 has a spectacular aura about aviko21 has a spectacular aura about
Angry ?

turn on cnn n do wat , watch lou dobb rant on on on about how we are an inferior race and shouldn;t be allowed into america?

I have an even better one......... lou dobb should create gas chambers and throw us in it.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcsngh has a spectacular aura about gcsngh has a spectacular aura about gcsngh has a spectacular aura about
Angry Why so desperate??? Gas chambers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviko21 View Post
turn on cnn n do wat , watch lou dobb rant on on on about how we are an inferior race and shouldn;t be allowed into america?

I have an even better one......... lou dobb should create gas chambers and throw us in it.
So you are ready to be thrown in a gas chamber by a jerk like Lou Dobb that too for a GC

Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilvt View Post
I just returned from Rally...I wishh the core members a great job and members who attended and made this eventfull day

It was surrising that folks from different states attended the rally but not from DC/ND and VA

we are a failed community!
I am little disappointed after coming back from the rally. i met lot of ppl from all the states but there were very very few ppl from DC. But this is still a great start. This is no easy thing. Without a fight there is no fruit
+ Donation
-----------------------
Arrived Aug 14th 1999
Working from 2003
PD Feb 2007
I-485 Applied:08/02/07
I-485 Approval revived: Aug 14th 2011

GREENED after 12 years

Old 09-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
aviko21 has a spectacular aura about aviko21 has a spectacular aura about
Default read the post again

it was rhethorical. i didnt mean I wanna go to gas chambers. i was describing his racist mentality. For people like him we as immigrants are an inferior race and no matter what you tell them they will remain racist an of it up to them we should all be thrown out of the country

I am hungry for information on the rally but i would rather not watch anything than watch lou dobbs

Old 09-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
superbabu is on a distinguished road
Default how many at the rally?.

anilvt, you mentioned you returned from rally.. i am wondering what is your estimate of the number of people in the rally.

thanks

Old 09-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
javacool2008 is on a distinguished road
Default It is a great move for the core

This is the only thing we can do for ourself. In this case, the USCIS is our warden. They can abuse us anyway they want. The only thing we have left is to help each other out using all the means. This rally is only the beginning. As long as we keep our heads high, there are still hopes at the end of the tunnel.(mind you it will only take another 8 years).
Of course, you will have people who hates anyone or anything that is better than themselves. As long as we don't break, we will get the GC in the end.
Good work for the core

Old 09-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default Good Turn out.

My friend called me from the rally and he mentioned that there was good turn out and as usual following the Indian Standard Time, the folks showed up late.
approximately 2000 +

Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
485_se_dukhi is on a distinguished road
Default Go IV!!

My husband and I attended the rally today with our 11 month old. It was extremely well organized. Kudos to the core team and everybody else who worked on this tirelessly.

It was a GREAT experience and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. There was a good turnout...I would say 2000-3000+ people...but I didn't count exactly...all I can say with authority is that there was a huge line in front of us and a seemingly unending line behind us..

All the people I met were so committed to our cause and it was refreshing talking to them and exchanging views with them.

We heard Aman, Jay, Mark, Dr Gupta etc speak. All of them were VERY good speakers and could move the crowd.

There were lots of media people present so sooner or later more reports are going to come in I suppose.

We also got the chance to meet the Deputy to the Congresswoman of our district. We talked to him about the GC situation for nearly 30 mins. Btw, he mentioned that this was the FIRST time he was meeting people related to **legal** immigration and that he had met several delegations in the recent past who were representing the interests of the "other" form of immigration.

So, I think the fact that all of us were able to get in front of our representatives and were able to personally tell them our stories (and to bring out the distinction between legal and illegal immigration) is itself worth the trip to DC.
Initial contribution $200 + Sent flowers + $50/m recurring deposit + Sent thank you cards + Contributed $100 towards the rally + Bought IV T-shirts for the rally+ Attended Sept 18 Rally + Met our local congresswoman

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - G. B. Shaw

Last edited by 485_se_dukhi; 09-18-2007 at 11:19 PM.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Registered on the spot= over 2000, peaked at around 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbabu View Post
anilvt, you mentioned you returned from rally.. i am wondering what is your estimate of the number of people in the rally.

thanks
Registered on the spot= over 2000, peaked at around 3000

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!

Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_1200 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkakarla View Post
I am watching CNN - Lou Dobbs program and it mentioned that our(immigrants rally) is AMNESTY.

Goes on saying that relief for EB based cards are passed back door and under the radar. They showed a brief clip of the rally

Staying here for more than 5 years paying taxes and contributing to economy and asking for GC is not AMNESTY.

Don't worry about Lou Dobbs racist comments.