Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Compare
a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by immi_seeker View Post
That seems to be the way where this is heading. Would this be another july fiasco?.
pray that such things never happen in future. eb3-i will never walk again, if it happens. its a recipe for disaster.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

This shows that the backlog is more than the numbers on USCIS website. People need to stop wasting time on tracking and spend time in their office work. Backlog means more business money for lawyers and trackers. IV is very small. Unless IV had hundreds of thousands of members, they cannot do lobbying like AILA or Microsoft. EB3 India and now EB3ROW is in a pitiable state. All those EB3ROW who used to be happy will now see the reality. Thank god I ported to EB2 but the dates for EB2 do not move enough. I think anyone who can should port to EB2 ASAP. This is the only solution.

Last edited by eastindia; 01-08-2010 at 08:50 PM.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_1000Watt View Post
I believe it will be the same old story. They will wait till last quarter and then will waste thousands of visa numbers because of their darn slow processing hands and we people will again start talking optimism from Oct 2010.
What happened to the IV's talk with USCICS on spillover policies? Does anybody know?
my thoughts exactly - they are just relaxing till summer season !! and maybe they will make the dates current in last quarter too - this means more mess but more $$$$ for them.
time to make plan B = plan A. and plan C = plan B.
my plan C -- make more money, save more and buy less with eventual return to home country if needed !!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute
Default good luck to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
This shows that the backlog is more than the numbers on USCIS website. People need to stop wasting time on tracking and spend time in their office work. Backlog means more business money for lawyers and trackers. IV is very small. Unless IV had hundreds of thousands of members, they cannot do lobbying like AILA or Microsoft. EB3 India and now EB3ROW is in a pitiable state. All those EB3ROW who used to be happy will now see the reality. Thank god I ported to EB2 but the dates for EB2 do not move enough. I think anyone who can should port to EB2 ASAP. This is the only solution.
You're right. No offence but no authority seems to be listening to IV suggestions. I agree that people at IV are doing great job, but the problem is nobody is listening. They just don't care. And this think will go on & on. I remember s'body suggesting hunger strike and at that point of time I thought that won't work. But now it seems we have to go extreme and do hunger strike and stuff to pressurize this crappy system.
EB3 people don't think I am being selfish here. The truth is we have to work unitely and pressurize for visa recapture. That will be beneficial for e'body.
Lets target the 'Asses' asking for a kick. Let's all kick ass.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb Agreee

Quote:
You're right. No offence but no authority seems to be listening to IV suggestions. I agree that people at IV are doing great job, but the problem is nobody is listening. They just don't care. And this think will go on & on. I remember s'body suggesting hunger strike and at that point of time I thought that won't work. But now it seems we have to go extreme and do hunger strike and stuff to pressurize this crappy system.
EB3 people don't think I am being selfish here. The truth is we have to work unitely and pressurize for visa recapture. That will be beneficial for e'body.
I totally agree with you, I used to visit IV a lot, but was just disappointed with the results from some of its members. Not to blame IV core team, but other members who would just come and read blogs. Specially EAD holder's, I hope their eyes are opening up to new realities. Yesterday, my sister in law entered USA from Newark Airport and she witnessed three people holding HIB visas get cancelled at the immigration point, one had EAD.

All we Desi's want is a free ride, same old mentality, don't want to put in any diligence in this matter, but very quick on pointing short comings on others. Blame game!

Point is, we all need to do something radical, sending flowers again and holding a hunger strike, otherwise, keep coming to IV and keep getting disappointed.

Papu, maybe you can hold something up for once. Schedule a date for some event.

Last edited by kumarc123; 01-09-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know why nothing works ? nobody listens ?
Because H1Bs put up with any garge behaviour, unfair treatment and still work. Once H1B stops putting up with this nonsense and leaving en masse/ stop coming then industry will take a look and wonder that "we need to work on this and improve the situation"
Till then skilled immigrants/H1B will be pissed on like they are nothing.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

The reason why change is not happening as much as we want is because we face tough opposition. The only way we can overcome this is by being stronger. We can definitely become stronger if all H1Bs, L1s, EADs etc come together on this platform. If each simply come, read posts, post comments and go away... it is tough to get anything done. Holding a rally is a good idea but we have seen how much work and resources are needed in planning and executing it. It can only be successful if several thousands turn up. Advocacy is a slow, long and painful process and requires lot of patience. Each member must take part in the advocacy effort and support ImmigrationVoice. The first step is to believe in IV. Believing in IV means believing in your abilities and the collective power of this community. There are many sharks out there with selfish or opposing interests who try to pull us down so that their own interests are served. Be a part of Immigration voice by supporting its monthly subscription if you cannot give your time to IV on daily basis. Join your state chapters and play a leadership role in organizing events to mobilize and increase membership in your states. IV will provide all the support and guidance you would need for lawmaker meetings. . IV is all of us. We all need to work together and make things happen.

Visa bulletins come and go and if we only keep watching and expecting miracles in bulletins, then we would be wasting our time. writing posts, tracking and blaming others will not solve anything. Each reader of this post should join this movement actively if they desire a change.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 01-09-2010 at 04:11 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Default SO what are you suggesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
The reason why change is not happening as much as we want is because we face tough opposition. The only way we can overcome this is by being stronger. We can definitely become stronger if all H1Bs, L1s, EADs etc come together on this platform. If each simply come, read posts, post comments and go away... it is tough to get anything done. Holding a rally is a good idea but we have seen how much work and resources are needed in planning and executing it. It can only be successful if several thousands turn up. Advocacy is a slow, long and painful process and requires lot of patience. Each member must take part in the advocacy effort and support ImmigrationVoice. The first step is to believe in IV. Believing in IV means believing in your abilities and the collective power of this community. There are many sharks out there with selfish interests who try to pull you down so that their own interests are served. Be a part of Immigration voice by supporting its monthly subscription if you cannot give your time to IV on daily basis. Join your state chapters and play a leadership role in organizing events to mobilize and increase membership in your states. IV will provide all the support and guidance you would need for lawmaker meetings. . IV is all of us. We all need to work together and make things happen.

Visa bulletins come and go and if we only keep watching and expecting miracles in bulletins, then we would be wasting our time. writing posts, tracking and blaming others will not solve anything. Each reader of this post should join this movement actively if they desire a change.
Papu,
I respect your involvement in IV and your diligence in promoting the community. However, I have been listening to your message over a long period of time.

1. Your suggestions of sending letter to white house---- DONE that
2. Your suggestion of calling different Senators---- Done that
3. Sending media your stories--- Letter sent no result.

The definition of failure is repeated measures over a certain period of time. The only way you can galvanize the Indian community towards IV is by, hosting something big. Otherwise people don't like to get involved in to something which is old news.

IV has become old news now, I and some other members, I am sure feel, something big needs to be done. The problem is IV is lacking a good leadership--- please don't take me wrong, you have been a great help, but moreover in the past. What I am proposing is, a big rally in DC.

I know it is hard to deal with Desi's in general, OUR MENTALITY IS OF A FREE RIDE, but this free ride is heading towards a deep pitch.

And moreover, people just come and offer their view points, I believe this organization should be more than that, involvement in STATE Chapters, and meeting with other state regulators, will not create a loud voice.
I totally disagree with you on that,

if illegals can create a loud voice even after being illegal, then what is stopping us? Organize something, but don't ask to be involved in state chapters, I will not waste my time, running and begging authorities to consider legals, when others are creating a loud vigilance.

Thank you.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
Smile Wasnt a july filer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
Make monthly monetary contribution for IV as a start.......
I wasn't the lucky July filer, I am sure their are others like me waiting.

DO a rally and I will be there with contributions, do something big, I am sure more like will join the cause. Not a free rider but at the same time don't like to be taken for a free ride!

Thanks for your smart comment, however it does not serve the purpose.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Compare
rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Do something...dont just complain

I started visiting this forum only recently. From what I have seen briefly, I can say that the actual contributions in terms of effort seem to be coming from members like Pappu. And I really appreciate that. I see people here and there saying that IV isn't doing anything useful etc.
My point to such people would be - no one is stopping you from organizing a rally or doing a hunger strike or whatever it is you have in mind. Lead, and we shall follow. These efforts that are being led by IV core leadership doesnt detract from whatever you want to do.
Dont take this the wrong way. From what I have seen in my very brief history of following these forums, this is one of the few immigration forums out there that is not driven by ulterior motives - lawyers' interests etc. Please, please, as a favor, do not drag this effort down. I understand many of us are frustrated, but let not the frustration drag us down deeper into the hole. For people who don't agree with the policies here, put forth some constructive suggestions and see how that works. If it doesn't work, well you have realized how tough it is to get a group of people follow your conviction And then you might develop an appreciation for the work being done here.
And if your approach works, hey..excellent for all of us. But please don't put forth only negative criticism.
All the best to all of us.
Thanks.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Compare
rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light rajesh4 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Sigh!!

I really dont know how this "reputation" system works. But some poor frustrated person out there (I have a guess who that is ) just left me this comment on my post
"i am taking you the wrong way...you deserve it!"
With this attitude, we will all be stuck in the crab-pot for ever. Lets be positive and try to accomplish something rather than just be grumpy negative people like ahem...cough!! cough!! - someone on this thread. Lets debate things openly and see how that goes. Cowards rarely win anything more than a battle or two - never the whole war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh4 View Post
I started visiting this forum only recently. From what I have seen briefly, I can say that the actual contributions in terms of effort seem to be coming from members like Pappu. And I really appreciate that. I see people here and there saying that IV isn't doing anything useful etc.
My point to such people would be - no one is stopping you from organizing a rally or doing a hunger strike or whatever it is you have in mind. Lead, and we shall follow. These efforts that are being led by IV core leadership doesnt detract from whatever you want to do.
Dont take this the wrong way. From what I have seen in my very brief history of following these forums, this is one of the few immigration forums out there that is not driven by ulterior motives - lawyers' interests etc. Please, please, as a favor, do not drag this effort down. I understand many of us are frustrated, but let not the frustration drag us down deeper into the hole. For people who don't agree with the policies here, put forth some constructive suggestions and see how that works. If it doesn't work, well you have realized how tough it is to get a group of people follow your conviction And then you might develop an appreciation for the work being done here.
And if your approach works, hey..excellent for all of us. But please don't put forth only negative criticism.
Thanks.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute GC_1000Watt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks but no thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh4 View Post
Thanks.
I can see you history buddy. Just a second post since you joined in july 2007?
So let's not give you the authority of who is doing good and what needs to be done. Let us know if you have any good suggestions. Thanks.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where is the core team and leadership ?

I have been a IV member since 2006 . I have seen the ups/downs . donated money , sent letters , attended rallies and done whatever has been been proposed . But I see that many senior members who had the drive to motivate people are not sending or being part of any messages or threads at all and that is exactly why the movement seems to be losing steam .

The standard response that I see to any question is "have you donated money ? " . "Don't ask for anything till you have donated. " this is followed by some some red dots which normally works to silence the questions. People will be willing to donate when they believe in the movement . I remember we collected $ 30,000 in 1 month before the rally there was huge thread with all the donations . People were charged up and the money came up automatically . I am willing to donate but to be brutally honest I do not see the same level of motivation as was there in 2006 / 2007 days .Please use this as a wakeup call and not as reason to vent your frustration on me .

There are many senior members who I do not even see any more . Members joining in late 2007 or early 2008 will not know any of these guys .

Aman Kapoor . He is the founder of IV . I have not seen his messages since the past 3 years almost . Where is he ? Is it too much for him to send a greeting in New years eve motivating the members ? It takes just 2 minutes .

Mark Bartosik :- He was supposed to the spokesperson for IV .The guy with the MasterCard sign for immigration . I have not seen him for quite some time now
Where are the other senior leaders like
a) Walden Pond
b) There was a this British Girl from San Jose ( had a handle which had name like Rose or something )
c) Niloufer Bustani from Dallas. I see her once in a while but very sparingly .

The others even I have forgotten completely.

The only leadership/core that I see is Pappu and no one else . If you have a country where the prime minister shows his face only once in 4 years , how are the people supposed to believe in that movement ? Please don't reply with a message saying what have I done or why can't I contribute money ? I have done that I am looking for leadership to show us the way and motivate us . All campaigns don't need money donations( Letters , calls , faxes etc ) . We could start with that and then drum up support and momentum and then the money will start flowing in automatically . There has to be a synchronized campaign organized by the leadership and all I see is everybody putting their eggs in the basket called spillover.

***THE MORE I AM HURT, THE STRONGER I GET ***

Last edited by arnab221; 01-10-2010 at 02:38 AM.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IamWithImmiVoice is a splendid one to behold IamWithImmiVoice is a splendid one to behold IamWithImmiVoice is a splendid one to behold IamWithImmiVoice is a splendid one to behold IamWithImmiVoice is a splendid one to behold IamWithImmiVoice is a splendid one to behold IamWithImmiVoice is a splendid one to behold
Default I apologize

I have been a member of IV for a long time. I think my only contribution is when I contributed a few times for some of the efforts. I come to this forum maybe once in a quarter just hoping to see some good news on the immigration side. I see nothing, feel bad about it and leave without doing anything. Every time I leave thinking that I should start contributing instead of being a useless lurker, but somehow that thought is the end.

My mistake and I apologize to the regular contributors here.
Anyways I am going to contribute now. I have set up a reminder in my calender for every other day to visit IV and discuss with other members about the next approach to take. I am also looking to contribute whether it be writing letters or taking part in rallies or speaking to lawyers about the spillover.

Again I apologize and I am looking forward to our next step towards ending our immigration woes.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221 View Post
I have been a IV member since 2006 . I have seen the ups/downs . donated money , sent letters , attended rallies and done whatever has been been proposed . But I see that many senior members who had the drive to motivate people are not sending or being part of any messages or threads at all and that is exactly why the movement seems to be losing steam .

The standard response that I see to any question is "have you donated money ? " . "Don't ask for anything till you have donated. " this is followed by some some red dots which normally works to silence the questions. People will be willing to donate when they believe in the movement . I remember we collected $ 30,000 in 1 month before the rally there was huge thread with all the donations . People were charged up and the money came up automatically . I am willing to donate but to be brutally honest I do not see the same level of motivation as was there in 2006 / 2007 days .Please use this as a wakeup call and not as reason to vent your frustration on me .

There are many senior members who I do not even see any more . Members joining in late 2007 or early 2008 will not know any of these guys .

Aman Kapoor . He is the founder of IV . I have not seen his messages since the past 3 years almost . Where is he ? Is it too much for him to send a greeting in New years eve motivating the members ? It takes just 2 minutes .

Mark Bartosik :- He was supposed to the spokesperson for IV .The guy with the MasterCard sign for immigration . I have not seen him for quite some time now
Where are the other senior leaders like
a) Walden Pond
b) There was a this British Girl from San Jose ( had a handle which had name like Rose or something )
c) Niloufer Bustani from Dallas. I see her once in a while but very sparingly .

The others even I have forgotten completely.

The only leadership/core that I see is Pappu and no one else . If you have a country where the prime minister shows his face only once in 4 years , how are the people supposed to believe in that movement ? Please don't reply with a message saying what have I done or why can't I contribute money ? I have done that I am looking for leadership to show us the way and motivate us . All campaigns don't need money donations( Letters , calls , faxes etc ) . We could start with that and then drum up support and momentum and then the money will start flowing in automatically . There has to be a synchronized campaign organized by the leadership and all I see is everybody putting their eggs in the basket called spillover.
Precisely,
they ask me for monthly contributions and I ask them to hold something big, a rally or something first, as I was not July2007 filer. That's why I am stopping to come here now. To ask for contributions, IV must hold something big,