Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

Old 03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Eden is on a distinguished road
Default DS-156 help for mother-in-law

My mother-in-law would like to get visitor visa.

How do I answer #37 of the DS-156?

The applicant's (my mother-in-law) son( my husband) is in the U.S. illegally. I am US cit. and my husband needs to report to visa interview within the next year. We have been post-poning due to medical issues. In the meanwhile we hope my mother-in-law can come here to visit her granddaughter.( I am unable to travel). #37 of the DS-156 asks if any body is in US. We should answer YES, because her son is here, BUT, what do we put for his status? Illegal? I read one article that stated to mark YES only if he has legal status. I do not want to put NO, immigration already knows he is here and we do not want to be dishonest.

Any ideas?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/28/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
My mother-in-law would like to get visitor visa.

How do I answer #37 of the DS-156?

The applicant's (my mother-in-law) son( my husband) is in the U.S. illegally. I am US cit. and my husband needs to report to visa interview within the next year. We have been post-poning due to medical issues. In the meanwhile we hope my mother-in-law can come here to visit her granddaughter.( I am unable to travel). #37 of the DS-156 asks if any body is in US. We should answer YES, because her son is here, BUT, what do we put for his status? Illegal? I read one article that stated to mark YES only if he has legal status. I do not want to put NO, immigration already knows he is here and we do not want to be dishonest.

Any ideas?

She has to be truthful. Otherwise it can create big problem later. Why you husband did not apply for the card when married to a citizen?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote