Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
au_simbayo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default regarding temporary permit H1b visa but no work given

Attorney pls help me. I've been here in the US since january, i got approved with my H1b october 2008 through temporary permit even without license (physical Therapist) for the past 7 months i've been staying with a relative in a diffrent state with no work coz initially the employers pln is for me to work through temporary permit and then when my visa was approved they change their plan and asked me to pass my stateboard exam first. But sadly i failed three times. But the thing is, I was not really able to focus on my exam coz im satying with a relative that requires me to live along with them help with chores so no definite time for review, that may cause my failed exams. My previous employer bought me a plane ticket going back to my country. My questions are:
1. Can i file a complaint with DOL/USCIS because i was not able to work? if possible, how?
2. Is there a way I can transfer my H1b visa with other employer without the license and paystubs?
But my real concernis the money, emotion and time wasted because I was not able to work which supposedly I should, Btw i paid for my plane ticket coming here because they said they gonna reimburse even my 3 failed exams i paid for it. Please help me on the query.Thank you very much
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
parablergh is on a distinguished road
Default Consult an attorney ASAP

I cannot provide specific answers to your two questions, but based on the details provided you have been in the U.S. for the last seven to nine months in violation of your H-1B status. You should immediately consult an attorney - in real life, not via online forums.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
US Immigration Attorney
Law Offices of Prashanthi Reddy
42 West 38th Street Suite 1104
New York, New York-10018
http://www.reddyesq.com
Thank the Attorney if this post is helpful
Prashanthi is a jewel in the rough Prashanthi is a jewel in the rough Prashanthi is a jewel in the rough Prashanthi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by au_simbayo View Post
Attorney pls help me. I've been here in the US since january, i got approved with my H1b october 2008 through temporary permit even without license (physical Therapist) for the past 7 months i've been staying with a relative in a diffrent state with no work coz initially the employers pln is for me to work through temporary permit and then when my visa was approved they change their plan and asked me to pass my stateboard exam first. But sadly i failed three times. But the thing is, I was not really able to focus on my exam coz im satying with a relative that requires me to live along with them help with chores so no definite time for review, that may cause my failed exams. My previous employer bought me a plane ticket going back to my country. My questions are:
1. Can i file a complaint with DOL/USCIS because i was not able to work? if possible, how?
2. Is there a way I can transfer my H1b visa with other employer without the license and paystubs?
But my real concernis the money, emotion and time wasted because I was not able to work which supposedly I should, Btw i paid for my plane ticket coming here because they said they gonna reimburse even my 3 failed exams i paid for it. Please help me on the query.Thank you very much
If you are allowed to work on a temp license then he should have hired you, if the law does not allow you to work then he obviously cannot hire you and you should have left the country and he should have canceled your H-1. Again if your temp license allows you to work as a PT then you can file for a transfer and the USCIS may deny or if you are lucky approve on a discretionary basis if you write an affidavit informing them of why you don't have paystubs, The same goes with filing a complaint. Your case is complicated, some avenues can open up, you need to consult an attorney in person or over the phone to discuss your case.
Bookmark and Share   Reply With Quote  
Old 09-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
au_simbayo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default tnx

yes...actually my I94 stamped is October 10, my visa is expiring september 30. They booked a ticket sept 10 but I moved it to sept 20. What I want to happen now is to find an employer who would continue my H1b visa, my previous employer sent the termination at USCIS/ INS already. I really dont want to lose my H1b visa, but I can take the exam only on March next year so if there's a way they will give me temporary permit it will not be enough till the time i will take my exam.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2007
Chargeability
:
Cyprus
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gapala is infamous around these parts gapala is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by au_simbayo View Post
yes...actually my I94 stamped is October 10, my visa is expiring september 30. They booked a ticket sept 10 but I moved it to sept 20. What I want to happen now is to find an employer who would continue my H1b visa, my previous employer sent the termination at USCIS/ INS already. I really dont want to lose my H1b visa, but I can take the exam only on March next year so if there's a way they will give me temporary permit it will not be enough till the time i will take my exam.
There isn't a lot of information in your post about your self.. Here is the general information on what is needed and use it if applicable.

All states in US require Physical therapists to get license to practice in the state in which they take the certification. Requirements are different in each state for the license, so you will need to check the license requirements for the state in which you would like to get license. For license, you need to have done course work equivalent to bachelors / Masters degree in physical therapy in the US.

You cannot work / employer cannot have you consult the patients without a license in particular state on temporary permit as you mentioned in the post.. As other poster mentioned, your status is a big question.

Last edited by gapala; 09-04-2009 at 01:12 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.