Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 09-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rcpae69893 is infamous around these parts rcpae69893 is infamous around these parts
Default U.S. Post-Naturalization audit

Greetings. I am new to this forum and hope I can gain more insight on an issue of concern for me.

Sadly, I have a cousin who is concerned about his wife losing her green card at any time in the future. She apparently married her uncle and got a green card. She then petitioned her mother to come. She has since become naturalized. Now here is the catch.

Her uncle original came under petition from his mother (her grandmother). I already stated that she petitioned her mother. However, when her mother received the visa, she had to fill out paperwork and listed her mothers name.

I am surprised the immigration process didn't hit a snag with a cross-reference hit. If her mother listed her own mother on the paperwork and she married her uncle who was brought by the grandmother, shouldn't immigration have discovered this discrepency?

My ultimate question is as follows. What are the chances immigration will do a post-naturalization audit. I don't even know if immigration does audits on anykind of frequent basis. I imagine with the staff shortages, there just wouldn't be the man-power to go back and check people who have already gained green cards and naturalization for that matter. Or maybe perhaps as immigration updates their cross-reference programs that they might review all past cases for possible snags.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts

I know, please check with Dada Kondke. I like one of his titles from 1985 (Andheri Ra......................).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpae69893 View Post
Greetings. I am new to this forum and hope I can gain more insight on an issue of concern for me.

Sadly, I have a cousin who is concerned about his wife losing her green card at any time in the future. She apparently married her uncle and got a green card. She then petitioned her mother to come. She has since become naturalized. Now here is the catch.

Her uncle original came under petition from his mother (her grandmother). I already stated that she petitioned her mother. However, when her mother received the visa, she had to fill out paperwork and listed her mothers name.

I am surprised the immigration process didn't hit a snag with a cross-reference hit. If her mother listed her own mother on the paperwork and she married her uncle who was brought by the grandmother, shouldn't immigration have discovered this discrepency?

My ultimate question is as follows. What are the chances immigration will do a post-naturalization audit. I don't even know if immigration does audits on anykind of frequent basis. I imagine with the staff shortages, there just wouldn't be the man-power to go back and check people who have already gained green cards and naturalization for that matter. Or maybe perhaps as immigration updates their cross-reference programs that they might review all past cases for possible snags.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rcpae69893 is infamous around these parts rcpae69893 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCmuddu_H1BVaddu View Post
I know, please check with Dada Kondke. I like one of his titles from 1985 (Andheri Ra......................).

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Incestous ba$t@rd5!!!

Your entire family should be tried for immigration fraud, incest and lying under oath, sent to jail and then your asses should be deported to whichever excrementatious town that you came from..

Admin, please get this guy's IP and report him.

Last edited by dummgelauft; 09-16-2010 at 12:56 AM.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummgelauft View Post
Your entire family should be tried for immigration fraud, incest and lying under oath, sent to jail and then your asses should be deported to whichever excrementatious town that you came from..

Admin, please get this guy's IP and report him.
Before going after him, let me ask you this. Do you aware in the south India - AP, TN, Kerala and Karnadaka...there is a custom where a girl is getting married to her uncle or the person is getting married to his sister's daughter. This custom is very popular and common. The Hindu marriage act allows this if its a part of the custom.

Is there any legal base for your comment or just your moral police...as long as the marriage is genuine where is the immigration fraud coming into picture.

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future

snathan,

First of all dummgelauft is referring to something that is applicable to US law (US citizen uncle marrying niece - incest - illegal), some custom in South India has no jurisdiction in the US.

This "custom" is a clear formula for genetic degradation !! Wonder who thought about this and made it a "custom". Some such traditions really need to change... it will take time but will happen.

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold

i am not sure if matching name itself would trigger something. it is not impossible for people to have same name between two generations.
also I think as long as marriage was allowed per Indian Laws and happened in India, US would recognize it.

some tribes/religion allow marriage within same family (as long as they are not immediate family members). people might have strong opinion about this but I think IV is not a place for such debates. But then again this is also not a place for non employment based immigration questions.

Last edited by hoolahoous; 09-16-2010 at 02:01 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreekhand View Post
snathan,

First of all dummgelauft is referring to something that is applicable to US law (US citizen uncle marrying niece - incest - illegal), some custom in South India has no jurisdiction in the US.

This "custom" is a clear formula for genetic degradation !! Wonder who thought about this and made it a "custom". Some such traditions really need to change... it will take time but will happen.
You got it exactly right.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
Default This how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Before going after him, let me ask you this. Do you aware in the south India - AP, TN, Kerala and Karnadaka...there is a custom where a girl is getting married to her uncle or the person is getting married to his sister's daughter. This custom is very popular and common. The Hindu marriage act allows this if its a part of the custom.

Is there any legal base for your comment or just your moral police...as long as the marriage is genuine where is the immigration fraud coming into picture.

There are countries that let adult men marry girls who who would considered below the age of consent, here in US, according to you, it is no issue....for a US citizen to marry a girl in an xyz country, per law abc of THAT country..and then sponsor this girl in the family first preference category as a spouse? Some twisted "custom" created hundreds if years ago by some horny old men does not make it right.

If the " marriage " in OP case were indeed genuine, he would not be "Scared". These guys have pulled an unethical scam and are now scared.

In India, there is a specific term used for a guy who marries like this, it's called bet!-ch0d.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are countries that let adult men marry girls who who would considered below the age of consent, here in US, according to you, it is no issue....for a US citizen to marry a girl in an xyz country, per law abc of THAT country..and then sponsor this girl in the family first preference category as a spouse? Some twisted "custom" created hundreds if years ago by some horny old men does not make it right.

If the " marriage " in OP case were indeed genuine, he would not be "Scared". These guys have pulled an unethical scam and are now scared.

In India, there is a specific term used for a guy who marries like this, it's called bet!-ch0d.
The Indian law allows it....I am not talking about what is right or worng. Show me where it says one can not marry a relative and its illegal for immigration purpose. Dont you read the news here in the US 53 year old man married a 19 old and had 4 children. Also that person was a cop. Google for Stacy peterson illinois...

Last edited by snathan; 09-16-2010 at 09:45 AM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreekhand View Post
snathan,

The incest comes into picture only if minors involved. You need to understand the custom how it works. In 1970s people used to have 6-7 kids. The age difference between the first and the younger/last one around 10 years and its not uncommon. Make it short, normaly the age difference is 5-8 between the uncle and the niece. Both are adults and they decide if the want to get married. When both are adults and allowed in law, how its going to affact immigration. Tell me whats the definition of incest. Is it only based on the age, involves minor or has more jurisdiction and definition. If the relationship decides and defines incest, I am wondering whats your take on Gay marriage. Isnt it degrading ?

Marriage between 1st cousins illegal, says HC - The Times of India

I am not supporting/aginst this custom. This is not the place to debate about this. Only thing is how it affacts the immigration

Last edited by snathan; 09-16-2010 at 10:06 AM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future

This would give more light on the incest law in the US:

Laws regarding incest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please check the reference in there if you still do not believe the wide scope of the law in the US.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
Default bugger off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
The Indian law allows it....I am not talking about what is right or worng. Show me where it says one can not marry a relative and its illegal for immigration purpose. Dont you read the news here in the US 53 year old man married a 19 old and had 4 children. Also that person was a cop. Google for Stacy peterson illinois...
If it is not illegal, then why are you so concerned. Also, 19 years old is an adult, in US and in India. And If a 53 year old American has married a 19 yeard old American woman, and the guy is a cop, it is not illegal (definitely is twisted and makes one feel like throwing up, but not illegal, per US law). Why? because the 19 year old is NOT this 53 year old guy's neice or related to him in any other way, AND they are not engaged in Immigration fraud.

So, if you want to go ahead any support this sicko OP (I think you are the OP, with another ID) or be like him, go do it, but what is wrong is wrong.

"Indian Law Allows it"..so keep living in INdia and carry on breeding toothless mutuants, why bother with US immigration? The fact is that your and/or the OP's relatives are so desparate for US citizenship that you did a morally and legally wrong thing and are now trying to make stupid arguements.
If this practice is so prevalent and accepted in the South of India, there must be thousands of South Indian people in US, who have had this situation...so why are YOU and OP so concerned? Spend some money and talk to a lawyer.
You will not do this since you know that YOU and/or the OP have done something illegal.

Last edited by dummgelauft; 09-16-2010 at 12:31 PM.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
If it is not illegal, then why are you so concerned. Also, 19 years old is an adult, in US and in India. And If a 53 year old American has married a 19 yeard old American woman, and the guy is a cop, it is not illegal (definitely is twisted and makes one feel like throwing up, but not illegal, per US law). Why? because the 19 year old is NOT this 53 year old guy's neice or related to him in any other way, AND they are not engaged in Immigration fraud.

So, if you want to go ahead any support this sicko OP (I think you are the OP, with another ID) or be like him, go do it, but what is wrong is wrong.

"Indian Law Allows it"..so keep living in INdia and carry on breeding toothless mutuants, why bother with US immigration? The fact is that your and/or the OP's relatives are so desparate for US citizenship that you did a morally and legally wrong thing and are now trying to make stupid arguements.

If this practice is so prevalent and accepted in the South of India, there must be thousands of South Indian people in US, who have had this situation...so why are YOU and OP so concerned? Spend some money and talk to a lawyer.
You will not do this since you know that YOU and/or the OP have done something illegal.
Can you prove thses...otherwise dont make your judegement withou knowing and take your sorry a$$ somewhere else. If you dont have the answer for the question which OP asked just ignore and move on. No one is asking your moral policing here. If its immigration fraud let the USCIS take care of it...

By the way what are you doing here if you are not desperate? Everyone knows to pay the lawyer and get the answer. YOu dont need to file for patent for your invention. Before going any further understand the purpose of the forum. If you are so frustrated with life take a hike. I am not no way related to OP and not in the same situation. so again take a hike.

Just stop venting your frustration on others. If you are not able to breed, see the doctor

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Uh. O.K.. First of all, this cousin of mine is actually my wifes first cousin, although I consider her and refer to her as a "cousin". Second of all, my question is asking for opinion of the technicals of the situation. I don't care what anyone's personal moral qualms might be. I was born a U.S. citizen and my background is actually multi-ethnic.

So if anyone may please provide some feedback on the fundamentals of the question, it would be appreciated....