Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2010
Compare
ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Legal Residency Immigration fee hike

Feds proposing new round of immigration fee hikes - San Jose Mercury News

Is it a sign that dates are going to move in July bulletin?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute

unless they say what they want to do with higher fees, we need to hold the cheer. for example, H1b fees goes for educating citizens and make them compete and stop the new h1 aspirants. That means take fee from us to stop us!

Old 06-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
I support it.

It also means they will hire more people, use better IT systems and improve efficiency.
You're naivety is almost adorable. Keep being an optimist.

If you read the document, you'll realize that our fees are being raised so citizenship applications can be subsidized. Why? Because making citizenship cheaper means a faster votebank for the powers that be, especially ahead of midterm elections.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice

Well since the volume of applications has fallen significantly, would CIS lay off unrequired staff? Or would they just hike fees on us?

Anyways its only a $100 increase. Even if they made fees $5000, they would still be fine. People would pay more. What I do not like is, bunch of useless flat screen TV monitors that advertise nonsense information in their offices. Hey I paid a dime for that TV.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzak View Post
You're naivety is almost adorable. Keep being an optimist.

If you read the document, you'll realize that our fees are being raised so citizenship applications can be subsidized. Why? Because making citizenship cheaper means a faster votebank for the powers that be, especially ahead of midterm elections.
Yes exactly right...its all about politics...if given the option they would have dumped the entire cost on the H1B/ Employment based immigration to subsidise the family based
immigration system. There is a huge lobby to speed up the naturalization process
before election especially when the democratic party has the white house.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2010
Compare
ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute

I as assuming the fee hike was an indication that dates in July will move forward a lot and USCIS doesn't want to make the same mistake they did during July 07 where they increased the fees after making the dates current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
Yes exactly right...its all about politics...if given the option they would have dumped the entire cost on the H1B/ Employment based immigration to subsidise the family based
immigration system. There is a huge lobby to speed up the naturalization process
before election especially when the democratic party has the white house.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar View Post
I as assuming the fee hike was an indication that dates in July will move forward a lot and USCIS doesn't want to make the same mistake they did during July 07 where they increased the fees after making the dates current.
Well I am a little confused with the above logic...... if they have learnt from last time then
won't they first increase the fees and then move the dates forward rather than the other way round. That way there won't be a huge influx at the old fee rate....if that is the case then I guess july bulletin or for that matter any bulletin before the hike goes into effect will be a total dissapointment.

I hope I am wrong....