Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sense of urgency - next rally

Hello guys!

I wanted to volunteer a thought that had been in my head, so I am basically thinking out loud here for a bit, just throwing this out there for your guidance, tell me if you think this is too aggressive, or even premature?

I think we need another rally before the end of the year. There are 2 reasons:

1- Presidential campaigns: After this Fall, presidential campaigns will be in full swing, and thus commanding all the attention of Congress, the media and the American public.

2- Memory: People's memories are short. Now that we have the attention of the media and Capitol Hill, wouldn't it make sense that this is the time to redouble our efforts and push harder? If we wait, the iron might just cool off.

Having said that, and as we know, a rally means a lot of money, a lot of work, a lot of dedication to organize. Yet, no one said our struggle was easy, and other people and groups who have gone through tough struggles have had to go through extraordinary lengths to achieve their goals.

So, if we were to hypothetically hold a second rally this Fall, we could go for the "low-hanging fruit", i.e. we can hold the rally where the most of us live, such as Silicon Valley (and we know those folks really come through), we can plan to reach attendance to this event in the tens of thousands. I know we might not have enough time, and the people who worked so hard on the DC rally are probably exhausted. But, what if we just focus on an area where there are a LOT of us, and do a "no-frills" rally? Just get the police permits and show up. Our numbers will do the rest.

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
H1B2GC is on a distinguished road
Default Post paid ads

I don't personally think we had much media coverage except some hidden links, can we post some paid adds where everyone can get know what we are addressing in here i.e., on the front page of google, yahoo, msn, cnn, etc. I know some people might have second thoughts as it involves $ but I'm ready for it to get public attention. There is a thin line between legal and illigal and they are ready to club both together for their benefits. I'm starting to wonder how many people know what is going on, we have to educate them first.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default I agree with this! EDUCATION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1B2GC View Post
I don't personally think we had much media coverage except some hidden links, can we post some paid adds where everyone can get know what we are addressing in here i.e., on the front page of google, yahoo, msn, cnn, etc. I know some people might have second thoughts as it involves $ but I'm ready for it to get public attention. There is a thin line between legal and illigal and they are ready to club both together for their benefits. I'm starting to wonder how many people know what is going on, we have to educate them first.
I support this, and am ready to contribute $, time and sweat. We need visibility. Our main goal is to EDUCATE people, (and even the government!) that we are the totally opposite of illegals! The Congressman who spoke at our rally had a lot of good intentions, but then he started talking about how "illegal immigrants are also people who look like me"(meaning Caucasian/White) and he mentioned the thousands of illegal Irish immigrants living in Boston, who have a group called "Legalize the Irish Now".... those comments had no place in our rally of highly-skilled LEGAL immigrants! And that was a Congressman talking. EDUCATION IS THE WORD, and we need to invest in it NOW!! Let's go guys! Ideas!???

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!

Old 09-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
rajsand has a spectacular aura about rajsand has a spectacular aura about
Default Rally

Jaime, your thought of having one more rally in Silicon Valley is a good one but again you are going to have the same crowd..!!
People in neighbouring states of DC did not make it , you tthink they will make it all the way to west coast! very doubtful!!
We should aim at bringing in more people to this family as possible..
Looks like a simultaneous rally on a weekend will be very effective!
And this time for the rally we will carry one one slogan banners
'SHORTEN THE WAIT FOR LEGAL IMMIGRANTS' or something similar!
just a thought!

Old 09-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default A great thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajsand View Post
Jaime, your thought of having one more rally in Silicon Valley is a good one but again you are going to have the same crowd..!!
People in neighbouring states of DC did not make it , you tthink they will make it all the way to west coast! very doubtful!!
just a thought!
I was thinking Silicon Valley because many of us live there and the folks there are very proactive! (Look at how well California did in DC!!) and the first San Jose rally went great even with the short planning time. I was thinking that with more planning time and with a lot of proactive people who already live there it would be easier to get much bigger crowds! We didn't have 1000s of people from California in DC only because they are the farthest away which makes it hard for many of them to attend.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default How sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaca View Post
I had lawmaker apointment (in Rayburn building across the street from where the rally ended) after the rally. There were 10 Indians giggling at me. At first I thought they attended the rally. I was walking in their direction when their looks got weird and I realized they did not attend the rally!
How sad! Yet there are tens of thousands of us who are committed! We need to keep growing our unity!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Angry Exactly!!

I am sure the awareness and the seriousness was missing among the locals!!
Educate them , that more imp.. this has to be worked on!
One thought I have is.. if we register people with a minimum amount and reimburse them at the day of the rally, many will turn up..!
I know of cases where people agreed to show up but when the d-day came by.. not one ticked!!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Very good thought

Quote:
I am sure the awareness and the seriousness was missing among the locals!!
Educate them , that more imp.. this has to be worked on!
One thought I have is.. if we register people with a minimum amount and reimburse them at the day of the rally, many will turn up..!
I know of cases where people agreed to show up but when the d-day came by.. not one ticked!!
Great idea! Yet. we don't want the media taking pictures of our registration table handing out money to rally attendees (reinbursing). I can just see headlines like "Rally attendees paid/bribed to attend"

Our effort needs to come from our hearts. We need to do this for America, ourselves and our families because this is the right thing to do!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Macaca, keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaca View Post
I was sick rest of the day.

I hesitate every day in doing things that help them. So far I have taken temporary decisions to continue.

It is mentally very draining!
I totally understand what you are going through, been there myself! Don't mind those people, keep going and do this for YOURSELF! Yes, many people will benefit from our struggle without having moved a finger, that is sad but that always happens, in every struggle, in every issue. There are other very sad things such as the visa lottery, or the 1985 amnesty which saw thousands of people from overseas come to abuse that even if they didn't qualify, and all those people got a free ride! But you know what? They are there and they won't go away. It is our choice to stay and not go away, and we have to fight for that. Together, we are friends and family at IV. That was evident at the rally! Times may get trying at times, but we'll keep going and succeed!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Hello guys!

I wanted to volunteer a thought that had been in my head, so I am basically thinking out loud here for a bit, just throwing this out there for your guidance, tell me if you think this is too aggressive, or even premature?

I think we need another rally before the end of the year. There are 2 reasons:

1- Presidential campaigns: After this Fall, presidential campaigns will be in full swing, and thus commanding all the attention of Congress, the media and the American public.

2- Memory: People's memories are short. Now that we have the attention of the media and Capitol Hill, wouldn't it make sense that this is the time to redouble our efforts and push harder? If we wait, the iron might just cool off.

Having said that, and as we know, a rally means a lot of money, a lot of work, a lot of dedication to organize. Yet, no one said our struggle was easy, and other people and groups who have gone through tough struggles have had to go through extraordinary lengths to achieve their goals.

So, if we were to hypothetically hold a second rally this Fall, we could go for the "low-hanging fruit", i.e. we can hold the rally where the most of us live, such as Silicon Valley (and we know those folks really come through), we can plan to reach attendance to this event in the tens of thousands. I know we might not have enough time, and the people who worked so hard on the DC rally are probably exhausted. But, what if we just focus on an area where there are a LOT of us, and do a "no-frills" rally? Just get the police permits and show up. Our numbers will do the rest.

I would give some days to Attendees and particularly to IV core team to analyze the rally events, meetings in their entirty and come up with the conclusions mainly for 3 things. And I request everybody to funnel data to core team centrally and the same way conclusion and future action list funnelled to members.

- What we could REALLY achieve
- How loud we could be heard
- Any potential and positive impact in near future?
- Based on all of above making near future strategy

Note: One thing I want to bring everybody's attention that from November Elections will slowly be given priority by every media and so we may have to come up with careful strategy not having any conflict with election realted major events.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Chargeability
:
Taiwan
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
LCtank can only hope to improve
Default Silicon Valley is different

I believe people in the SV have more sense of host, sense of responsibility, and sense of rights, as immigrants are majority here.

Quote:
just a thought!

Contributions:
- $200 so far

Old 09-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Totally agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
I would give some days to Attendees and particularly to IV core team to analyze the rally events, meetings in their entirty and come up with the conclusions mainly for 3 things. And I request everybody to funnel data to core team centrally and the same way conclusion and future action list funnelled to members.

- What we could REALLY achieve
- How loud we could be heard
- Any potential and positive impact in near future?
- Based on all of above making near future strategy

Note: One thing I want to bring everybody's attention that from November Elections will slowly be given priority by every media and so we may have to come up with careful strategy not having any conflict with election realted major events.
We look forward to guidance from Core!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Red face some more ideas here..

I think bribing would mean IV paying people to come to the rally...! Here we ar eonly registering them...
On second thoughts, we could collect $30 or so for food and bring lunch packets.. and forget the reimbursement part..!
$30 will go towards food & water and also for organising the event!!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold
Default good idea .. wait for Core

I agree its a great idea, still most of crowd don't understand what are we asking and relates us to un-documented workers.
Even within legal community most people who are pre-gc stage (H1/LE Etc) they don't have any interest; ppl came to me at work after rally to tell me that they are 4-5 years away from my situation so they didn't feel attending rally. Bigger the better, we need big crowd, NJ/NY/MD/DC/VA are worthless. We can try doing rally in Houston, TX area, we may find dedicated people there. But I feel it will be very tough to show heads rally in big numbers.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default About educating people!

To be frank there was momemtum and energy missing in DC and other states before the rally! I think there are many ignorant, many not willing and many not up to giving a day!
Have we tried to educate them about their situation today ..
IF many of us have been able to file I485 in JULY then its 'coz of IV and ONLY IV!!
If we stress on IV's acheivements .. eg. flower campaign & San jose Rally and outcome of these..Reversal of Visa Bulletin then I think people will try to understand..
Tell you what people with PD in the last 2 yrs have not shown up in big numbers! Only with PD as late as 2001,02,03,04,05 have been able to evaluate the seriuosness of the whole GC thing & able to visualise the waiting frustrations!! Lets bring in more of the recent yrs PD people so that they know HOW LUCKY they are Just 'coz of IV!!