Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold
Default count me in..

i will be there for this drive..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
posada1 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Count me in!!!!

This is a great idea! We all need to support it, so we can get out of this mess. This is absolutely ridiculous.
I am so glad that IV is finally doing something for the I-140 sufferers.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about
Default Count me in too

Please count me in for whatever step you take about the 140 backlogs.

It is a really pathetic situation especially for those who came out of BECs (labor) and know they have a long wait ahead for 485 to be stuck in what? I-140 stage. No breather.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road

Count me in too

Old 04-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default want the letter now

here4gc,

I am waiting since yesterday man. I am really looking forward to sign the letter as soon as possible. Also please make sure signatures are verifiable. In past I have seen petitions signed by Sachin Tendulkar and Aishwarya Rai supporting immigration issues. So lets be realistic. I would not support something if people start putting in phony signatures.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
cal97 is a jewel in the rough cal97 is a jewel in the rough cal97 is a jewel in the rough cal97 is a jewel in the rough

count me in too.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
raydon is a glorious beacon of light raydon is a glorious beacon of light raydon is a glorious beacon of light raydon is a glorious beacon of light raydon is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

I'm in too. Time the service centers realized that they can't just make us suffer like this.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can help

My 140 was cleared some time back. But I can help you guys with what ever I can. I can spread the word among the guys whose 140 is still pending.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about

Any updates on this?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough
Default Very rough draft..please add/modify..requests to me only..

Guys...sorry for the late one..but please send add/mod requests to me ONLY..so that there are no 100 versions...we are doing this in support of I140 discrimination because that is ONE major issue...if they clear I140's for all the old PD's...they will all get GC now..and new people can get in Oct visa bulletin ? Fair ?

>>

Dear Senators :

This is a final plea of despair from the legal immigrant community with regard to the methodology of USCIS in processing cases.

ALthough there are too many to list, we urge you to consider the following few glaring issues - a few examples :

1) USCIS accepted more than 3.5 million applications in June/July/August - Thanks to Senator Zoe Lofgren and others who helped this community, however looks like the processing for applications have almost stopped to a crawl. A non-premium I140 application - prior to June 2007 was taking an average of 1 month to complete processing.
Therefore, even if the amount of applications more than doubled - the wait times have no increased to over 9+ months without even knowing when their I140 processing will complete. This results in people unable to use AC-21 and explore opportunities that were practically closed to them until this juncture.

2) Processing times published by USCIS are extremely questionable, for example - in March 2007 - the Texas service center was showing that they were processing applications received in AUGUST 2007, whereas people who have filed for the I140 from June 2007 - July 2007 are still awaiting their I140 processing to even commence. These are people
who may have a current visa number available - but for the I140 approval. This will result in more wastage of the visa numbers yet again. Now, the visa bulletin for May 2008 shows that the processing dates for Texas service center have now moved back to JULY 2007. There is absolutely no methodology for the I140 being processed in this way, since there is no need for a visa number to be available for I140 processing.

3) Cases are being indiscrimiately transferred across service centers without any reason. Even though Texas service center showed current I140 processing cutoff dates as August 2007 they did not really complete every case until August 2007. There are many many people (in the hundred thousands) who are awaiting even a tiny update on their cases. Everybody is being misled to believe that processing really has reached August 2007, whereas it is not. They are not providing accurate information about the plight of all these people. In view of all these it seems cases from Nebraska have been transferred to Texas resulting in the dates moving back. Even the new dates are completely misleading and do not cover all the cases upto the period specified.

4) Original Priority dates in processing I140 not being honoured : The processing order is extremely random, whereas applications from June/July/August are still awaiting adjudication, applications recieved in November 2007, december 2007 are being processed out of order. Also, the original filing date - priority date is not being enforced, hence people - by virtue of having a visa number available due to an older priority date are in the lurch and unable to recieve their
adjustment of status because of this mis-ordered processing.

5) Even though it was announced about 6 months ago - that the USCIS has completed all intial receipting and its formalities, there are more than 40% of applicants still awaiting to be fingerprinted. Again, these are applicants who - by virtue of having an older priority date are currently eligible to be assigned a visa number should they complete their fingerprinting and I140.

It has been noticed that as of last year, in anticipation of the Immigrant amnesty bill being passed, this agency was capable of processing applications at a much much faster pace than is currently being noticed, there is an urgent need and expectation for - more than - if not the same momentum that was noticed last year.

We have only being assured that things are going to happen, but by and large they just remain empty promises with just "Paper" results to the mass of applications. We urge you to demand true transperancy from the USCIS which should also be subject to audit from the AILA and the immigrant community.

We hope this matter will be taken up at the earliest and will ensure results and much awaited relief to the Legal immigrant community.

Last edited by here4gc; 04-24-2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Formatting...

Old 04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2011
Compare
dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute

Cool here4gc, are you plaining to do an online Campain, Let me know if you need any help I will do all I can Thanks for your effort.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough
Default please endorse this text..

Guys..I had pasted the proposed text..kindly look and modify and let me know the modifications so that I can do that to the original...

Next step after that is to assimilate signatures..someone here mentioned about an online petition ? can we do that ? I was thinking more brick and mortar..I will print the whole thing out and send it to them...

Let me know your thoughts..My target would be to print it out and send it by next friday so that they get it by monday -tuesday...

Let me know guys..Lets rock it...and let them know that they CANNOT take us for granted...

Old 04-25-2008, 04:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I took a look at the online petitioning and this will just get lost..we should send it to them..Ron has given me addresses of Sen Lofgren and Ted Kennedy...we need atleast 1000+ signatures..

I will create a yahoo group where we can join and provide :

1) Name(s) and Filing date (Please list yourself and your wife seperately, all kids should be listed seperately also)
2) Even a 1-2 line comment about your problem/thoughts..this will go a long way...

In the end guys..there is no Silver bullet for this...we are just trying...lets see if that can make a difference..

Note that the campaign does not end here...after a week or so of sending this petition, I would like to organize a Phone campaign calling Senator Lofgren and Ted Kennedy and asking them about this....so stay tuned...

Guys..lets try to make a difference and make some noise...maybe someone will hear us...

Come'n guys...SUPPORT the IMMIGRANT COMMUNITY..LETS NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT...

Old 04-25-2008, 04:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default How to make this a sticky so that it does not get lost ?

IV...please help..

Dear Senators :

This is a final plea of despair from the legal immigrant community with regard to the methodology of USCIS in processing cases.

ALthough there are too many to list, we urge you to consider the following few glaring issues - a few examples :

1) USCIS accepted more than 3.5 million applications in June/July/August - Thanks to Senator Zoe Lofgren and others who helped this community, however looks like the processing for applications have almost stopped to a crawl. A non-premium I140 application - prior to June 2007 was taking an average of 1 month to complete processing.
Therefore, even if the amount of applications more than doubled - the wait times have no increased to over 9+ months without even knowing when their I140 processing will complete. This results in people unable to use AC-21 and explore opportunities that were practically closed to them until this juncture.

2) Processing times published by USCIS are extremely questionable, for example - in March 2007 - the Texas service center was showing that they were processing applications received in AUGUST 2007, whereas people who have filed for the I140 from June 2007 - July 2007 are still awaiting their I140 processing to even commence. These are people
who may have a current visa number available - but for the I140 approval. This will result in more wastage of the visa numbers yet again. Now, the visa bulletin for May 2008 shows that the processing dates for Texas service center have now moved back to JULY 2007. There is absolutely no methodology for the I140 being processed in this way, since there is no need for a visa number to be available for I140 processing.

3) Cases are being indiscrimiately transferred across service centers without any reason. Even though Texas service center showed current I140 processing cutoff dates as August 2007 they did not really complete every case until August 2007. There are many many people (in the hundred thousands) who are awaiting even a tiny update on their cases. Everybody is being misled to believe that processing really has reached August 2007, whereas it is not. They are not providing accurate information about the plight of all these people. In view of all these it seems cases from Nebraska have been transferred to Texas resulting in the dates moving back. Even the new dates are completely misleading and do not cover all the cases upto the period specified.

4) Original Priority dates in processing I140 not being honoured : The processing order is extremely random, whereas applications from June/July/August are still awaiting adjudication, applications recieved in November 2007, december 2007 are being processed out of order. Also, the original filing date - priority date is not being enforced, hence people - by virtue of having a visa number available due to an older priority date are in the lurch and unable to recieve their

5) Even though it was announced about 6 months ago - that the USCIS has completed all intial receipting and its formalities, there are more than 40% of applicants still awaiting to be fingerprinted. Again, these are applicants who - by virtue of having an older priority date are currently eligible to be assigned a visa number should they complete their fingerprinting and I140.

It has been noticed that as of last year, in anticipation of the Immigrant amnesty bill being passed, this agency was capable of processing applications at a much much faster pace than is currently being noticed, there is an urgent need and expectation for - more than - if not the same momentum that was noticed last year.

We have only being assured that things are going to happen, but by and large they just remain empty promises with just "Paper" results to the mass of applications. We urge you to demand true transperancy from the USCIS which should also be subject to audit from the AILA and the immigrant community.

We hope this matter will be taken up at the earliest and will ensure results and much awaited relief to the Legal immigrant community.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default What do we do now?

Here4gc,
How do we proceed now? Should we just print this, sign and mail it to Congresswomen Lofren & Senator Kennedy? Could you please post appropriate instructions so that we can all follow the correct steps and not waste our efforts? Thanks for all your efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by here4gc View Post
IV...please help..

Dear Senators :