Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Imagine yourself 30 years from now

Imagine yourself 30 years from now. Most of us would be reminded of our parents. They struggled hard, raised us, provided for us and made us what we are today. There will be not one of us who doesn't regard the sacrifices their parent has made for them as one of the biggest blessing the Almighty has given us.

Imagine yourself 30 years from now. A 5 year old granddaughter in your lap. A spitting image of her mother, your daughter. A daughter you raised in a country foreign to you; made sure you protected her, tried your level best to instill all your values in her, drove her to dance classes both bharatnatyam and ballet. Made sure she got the best of East and West.

Your granddaughter looks up to you and asks - Thata, how did you come here? And like all immigrants your story will one of determination and courage- a story of slogging through grad school scrimping on a modest GRA allowance. Saving money to buy gifts for relatives back home. In this story there will be a time when you talk about the struggles for your green card. Graduation in a recession, finding that one interview, converting it to a job and then starting the green card process which lasted many long years.

Then the story of IV, the sacrifices of Aman Kapoor, how through your small contributions you made a difference, a new bill that respected education, determination and contribution. You were a part of history!!!

You marched in Washington DC amidst protesters on the other side telling you to go back home. You crossed thee other side of the street and handed a white flower to the loudest voice of opposition silencing them for good. In your small way when you marched to Washington you connected with your lifelong friends - friendships that had been created in the bus ride to Washington. That one day that you spent in Washington changed the course of generations.

You granddaughter looks up to you with moist eyes. Her mother sitting in the other room with your wife smile at each other in between tears. You son-in-law looks back at you in awe and admiration.

That one day - September 18th - when you became part of history!!!

Last edited by yabadaba; 09-10-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of

Wake up guys.... Lets get together as ONE & be a part of history!! Dont let anything hold you back...

WA State Chapter group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WA_Immigration_Voice/

Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

30 years from now

Grand Daughter - Grandpa/Grandma, how did you become such a successful entrepreneur? How come so many people respect you? How did you achieve all these? I would also want to be like you.

Grandma/Grandpa - I was brave, I took challenges, worked hard to pursue my American dream, there were times when we were stuck in immigration backlogs and retrogression that were blocking our career path and put us in a state of limbo, but I along with a lot of brave people at an organization called Immigration Voice marched in Washington DC - this was a historic event, this changed the course of our lives. So, to achieve something, one must be brave, must believe in themsleves, rise in unity and pursue things with honesty, hard work and dedication

Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
Imagine yourself 30 years from now. Most of us would be reminded of our parents. They struggled hard, raised us, provided for us and made us what we are today. There will be not one of us who doesn't regard the sacrifices their parent has made for them as one of the biggest blessing the Almighty has given us.

Imagine yourself 30 years from now. A 5 year old granddaughter in your lap. A spitting image of her mother, your daughter. A daughter you raised in a foreign country; made sure you protected her, tried your level best to instill all your values in her, drove her to dance classes both bharatnatyam and ballet. Made sure she got the best of East and West.

Your granddaughter looks up to you and asks - Thata, how did you come here? And like all immigrants your story will one of determination and courage- a story of slogging through grad school scrimping on a modest GRA allowance. Saving money to buy gifts for relatives back home. In this story there will be a time when you talk about the struggles for your green card. Graduation in a recession, finding that one interview, converting it to a job and then starting the green card process which lasted many long years.

Then the story of IV, the sacrifices of Aman Kapoor, how through your small contributions you made a difference, a new bill that respected education, determination and contribution. You were a part of history!!!

You marched in Washington DC amidst protesters on the other side telling you to go back home. You crossed thee other side of the street and handed a white flower to the loudest voice of opposition silencing them for good. In your small way when you marched to Washington you connected with your lifelong friends - friendships that had been created in the bus ride to Washington. That one day that you spent in Washington changed the course of generations.

You granddaughter looks up to you with moist eyes. Her mother sitting in the other room with your wife smile at each other in between tears. You son-in-law looks back at you in awe and admiration.

Wow, this not only is SO true, but also you are an awesome writer! Keep inspiring us!!! We need to make this change together!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

yabadaba, there you go, you got one more green. thanks for efforts.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of

yabadaba...

It is truly an inspiring piece... keep them coming & lets wake up those who are still sleeping over this....

30 yrs from now.... What would you tell your grandchildren if you didn't stand up for you rights??? Would you be able to tell them that you watched as others stood up & fought????

Support IV now & be a part of history....

GO IV!!!!

WA State Chapter group.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Imagine yourself 30 years from now. A 5 year old granddaughter in your lap. A spitting image of her mother, your daughter. A daughter you raised in a country foreign to you; made sure you protected her, tried your level best to instill all your values in her, drove her to dance classes both bharatnatyam and ballet. Made sure she got the best of East and West.

Awesome ! and Inspirational !

Old 09-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

yabadaba - I llike ur id as well as ur message - looking forward to meet u in DC

Old 09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gctoget is on a distinguished road
Default wow!

That was quite inspiring!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Sweden
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold swede is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the good writing.

30 years from now... I will still be waiting for my green card...
(Sorry couldn't resist.)

EB3 World RIR PD: 12/2002 Applied: Aug 2002
Card Received: 9/17/2007

Old 09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Your dreams are so "Indian" !! In American dream " Mother of your grand daughter would not sit with your wife in next room". You probably may be residing in some senior (Active) residents community" and your son/daughter will visit you only once in a year and that is in Thanksgiving or Christmas.. May not be knowing Deepawali at all. Other parts are immigrant's dreams for which yor future generations will not have time to listen to.

Note: Here "You" is applicable for most of us.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's a nice and eloquent thought...

...but I would rather retire early with enough money to do what I want in India (or any other country of the world) in the sunset of my life. For that GC is an absolute necessity. Thanks for the nice ad, but I was already hooked about attending that rally even before I could visualize my descendants thanking me, Bollywood ishtyle.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire76 View Post
...but I would rather retire early with enough money to do what I want in India (or any other country of the world) in the sunset of my life. For that GC is an absolute necessity. Thanks for the nice ad, but I was already hooked about attending that rally even before I could visualize my descendants thanking me, Bollywood ishtyle.
newyork life- style

Old 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

bump

Old 09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

^^^ bump ^^^

WA State Chapter group.