Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 01-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by messengerofgod View Post
Good comment. But you might want to preface it (and all future comments) with "I am writing to register my opposition to this rule in its current form", otherwise the community college para-legal scoring the comment - might put that as you being in favor of the comment.
Good idea. I am going to do that will all my comments going forward - to make sure there is no ambiguity about where I stand on this turd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrr View Post
Ok, my understanding was based on the bold below:

"
We spotted this earlier today - and in our view this is very inappropriate.

Our understanding is, when joining Government service there are explicit rules applicable to lobbyists surrounding contact with their previous lobbying shop - in this case a registered lobbyist is openly going back to their previous firm (or should I say real employer) a month after taking up employment at DHS - with a senior DHS official in-tow."
I meant "visited". To the best of my knowledge, this lobbyist is still in the employ of DHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
Oh shut the fuck up dude.. grow a pair and stop wimping all the time. Right now what might seem OK to you will soon be a monstrous trap when you find yourself roiling in this mess for another decade.
My sentiments exactly.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourie View Post
I totally agree with you, that is why I said I would put my opposition from the next comment onward.
Please do. This "Something is better than nothing" attitude has to change. The folks stuck in backlogs have to realize that this attitude is what got us here in the first place and this asinine rule is worse than "Something".

It takes away more than it gives - it takes away our only chance in what might be another decade to get this system less suffocating to people who just want to not get tethered to the same employer for decades.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Shourie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
We are cool! Bring those brothers and sisters to their senses.
You are kidding me right ! They won't, they think that this is the second Miracle happening to them after Moses spread the fucking red sea.

People are more concerned about how they can squeeze the most out of the peanut they have been given.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Shourie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
Please do. This "Something is better than nothing" attitude has to change. The folks stuck in backlogs have to realize that this attitude is what got us here in the first place and this asinine rule is worse than "Something".

It takes away more than it gives - it takes away our only chance in what might be another decade to get this system less suffocating to people who just want to not get tethered to the same employer for decades.
I agree man. Just like you guys but certainly not as intensely as the IV people, I am doing what ever is possible from my side.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Please spread this advice

Comments should have the first sentence in your own words that says something like - "I am writing to register my opposition to the rule in its current form". That way DHS absolutely cannot score it as a positive comment.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
right2niru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Please spread this advice

Comments should have the first sentence in your own words that says something like - "I am writing to register my opposition to the rule in its current form". That way DHS absolutely cannot score it as a positive comment.
Submitted comment again with own words in the comments box .
New tracking # 1k0-8n8n-px87 , not sure how long does it take before showing up in comments .

Old 01-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

For those who want to practice anger management, read the Regulatory Impact Analysis on the rule (looks like posted or updated yesterday).

Regulations.gov

So they did all this work to estimate the "maximum" number of people and made wild assumptions and then throw in the below thing for their employer buddies

Quote:
Finally, DHS does not anticipate that a significant number of nonimmigrant workers with approved EB-1, EB-2 or EB-3 petitions will be able to demonstrate compelling circumstances justifying an independent grant of employment authorization. Employment authorization based on compelling circumstances, for example, will not be available to a nonimmigrant worker solely because his or her statutory maximum time period for nonimmigrant status is approaching or has been reached. Likewise, employment authorization generally would not be available to a nonimmigrant if the tendered compelling circumstance is within his or her control.

Therefore, DHS considers these volume estimates as maximum estimates that overstate the actual numbers of individuals who would apply for unrestricted employment authorization under this proposed rule. While DHS is not able to estimate a percentage or number of the maximum pool of possible applicants that might seek such employment authorization, DHS does not expect that a significant percentage of principal beneficiaries will take advantage of the proposed amendment to obtain unrestricted employment authorization, and, by extension, DHS does not expect a significant percentage of dependents will apply for employment authorization.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of

Why this farce of 181 pages when they already know significant majority of immigrant workers and their dependents will not benefit from it?

Old 01-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HumHongeKaamyaab is on a distinguished road

My comment posted on DHS website today...pasting it below...the THIRD word in my response was REJECT...I have been putting in differently worded comments but with the similar REJECTION theme apparent in the first sentence...comments are above 4000 now... KEEP COMMENTING EVERYONE!!! THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!

I completely REJECT this rule in its current form and would like to request an official FBI enquiry into why everything that was discussed and rediscussed with the LEGAL imigrant community was removed from the final rule based on hiring lobbyists at the DHS inspite of Mr. Obama's Executive Order on Ethics Committments that state that no lobbyist will be appointed for a period of 2 years from the date of their appointment at specific private companies and parties.

The legal immigration community has reason to believe that unethical practices took place behind closed doors to limit and severely restrict legal immigrants' rights from them. The mafia like network that operates behind closed doors needs to be exposed and thus, I call for an immediate FBI enquiry.

The current system has mutated to enslave H1B workers by locking them into one company through a physically and emotionally draining process of having to restart the green card process everytime they want to change jobs, which leads to reduced bargaining power of the H1B employee, leading to reduced wages for these H1B employees and most significantly, the eventual depression of wages for the AMERICAN WORKER. H1B workers stand WITH the American workers NOT against. The corporate greed and lawyer and LOBBYIST's networking power works against a regular person with limited access to money. This is a perversion of the intent of the system and it disgusts me to my core. I am ashamed that I moved to the US when my friends in Canada and Australia mock me for the lack of freedom I have living in supposed 'the land of the free'.

I first came to the US in 2004 to pursue a masters in science degree. I will have to wait until 2025 in the current situation to be able to BE CURRENT with my priority date. Why this 21 year wait for me and my family for following rules and paying taxes LEGALLY??? Why am I being punished for doing the RIGHT THING?

In my current situation, I have had to pass over multiple opportunities with higher wages (Upto 40% increase) and more responsibilities because the hiring firm did not want to go through the hassle of filing PERM and I-140 for me after 6 rounds of interviews!! What if I had an EAD in this situation as was discussed through this rule? I have a masters in science degree and used up my OPT after that. I have been wanting to do an MBA for the last 8 years, but because your rules DO NOT grant an OPT for the same education level, I have been unable to pursue this second master's degree. I cannot wait for H1B after my MBA as school ends in May and H1B starts in October of the next fiscal year creating a gap employers dont want to deal with. What if I had an EAD/Green Card in this situation? I would have earned an MBA and started a company employing AMERICAN workers, paying AMERICAN wages. This example is at the heart of how restrictive the rules are and how they curb an immigrants' ambitions. Please afford us freedom in the form of PORTABILITY and Advanced Parole. In another instance, I had to interface with a client in Canada but could not travel as I do not have a valid visa for re-entry and for which I have to go back to my home country! Ridiculous.

Your rules are regressive and way behind the times compared to the rest of the world. Raise your head and please look at what other countries are doing to make it a compelling case for us immigrants to move there. Your rules are emotionally crushing. Your ways are perverted to feed corporate greed. According to Senate's lobbying disclosure website, a specific top registered lobbyist for US Chamber of Commerce was related to lobbying or political contributions of over $395 million since 2011. With that standard, this is the top industry registered lobbyist that has lobbied for many years on behalf of companies to push for their agenda which works against the AMERICAN WORKER AND the H1B worker.

1- WE WANT AN FBI EQUIRY INTO THIS MATTER.
2- WE WANT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT WE ARE ABUSED DUE TO THE STATUS QUO WHICH IN TURN HURTS THE AMERICAN WORKER AND LEADS TO DEPRESSED WAGES.
3- WE WANT JOB MOBILITY SO WE CAN LIVE OUR LIVES, BUY HOUSES AND LIVE IN FREEDOM.
4- MAKE THIS RIGHT PER Mr. OBAMA'S OBJECTIVES SET THROUGH EXECUtiVE ACTION.
5- WE WANT ADVANCED PAROLE SO WE CAN TRAVEL FOR WORK INTERNAIONALLY.

See attached for more comments that I support.

Thank you

Old 01-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenappletx is infamous around these parts

IV,

As you advised, many of us are posting the negative (rejecting) about rule. What will happen when we have more negative comments? How this rule get affected? Will they rework on this rule with modification to include EAD+AP or stop this rule?
As some benefits like 1. 60 day grace period 2. Employer can't the I140 revoke after 180 days 3. Extn based on the I140 etc we might loose if they do nothing.

Obviously, you know more than me/us, hence pls suggest. Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kmrr is on a distinguished road

Immigration Lawyers are silent after seeing USCOC and DHS meeting- details being out now... not even responding on that..

As Aman mentioned, these lawyers are lying and playing behind the scenes to screw the backlogged community more.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rakesh Bhandari is on a distinguished road
Default DHS Inspector General complaint instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenappletx View Post
IV,

As you advised, many of us are posting the negative (rejecting) about rule. What will happen when we have more negative comments? How this rule get affected? Will they rework on this rule with modification to include EAD+AP or stop this rule?
As some benefits like 1. 60 day grace period 2. Employer can't the I140 revoke after 180 days 3. Extn based on the I140 etc we might loose if they do nothing.

Obviously, you know more than me/us, hence pls suggest. Thanks
Launched an enquiry against Amy Nice at DHS office of inspector general using this website: https://www.oig.dhs.gov/hotline/hotline.php

There should a federal investigation against her and everyone who is involved in this scam.

Not only Amy, Greg Siskind should also be reported to FBI and DHS anti-fraud devision for his inflamatory comments on twitter against indian and chinese people.

Look at how he is making fun of our misery on regulations.gov in the comment -

Regulations.gov

Urging all the H1B slaves to report these lobbyists from AILA to the authorities so that they can be thrown behind bars.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenappletx is infamous around these parts

IV,

Regulations.gov

Just found the above comment, it says that it is by Aman Kapoor, is that our (IV's) Aman Kapoor or someone else? I see Aman supports some points. Please confirm.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenappletx View Post
IV,

Regulations.gov

Just found the above comment, it says that it is by Aman Kapoor, is that our (IV's) Aman Kapoor or someone else? I see Aman supports some points. Please confirm.
No its just some lowlife idiot.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 01-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all

1k0-8n8r-inf9

Done