Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaCh007 View Post
Is there an easy to find out online rather than to ask them. They usually outsource immigration matters and when I checked regarding the success rate, they said its 100%.
100%.
Nice.
Is it true for every firm or just this one? Is there a way to verify this claim?
You are in good hands I guess.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Admin - can u plz share your thoughts too, on the original post/situation I have?

Thanks.
I think each person's decision should be based on their own unique situation and knowledge of information. IV should not be influencing such personal decisions or give legal advice.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NaCh007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
100%.
Nice.
Is it true for every firm or just this one? Is there a way to verify this claim?
You are in good hands I guess.
Pappu, can you please let me know the questions, I can ask them to get a clearer understanding?

Old 08-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Just to add that at this point we cannot be sure about this. I had asked this question in this thread:

Announcement of the report with skilled immigration fixes expected today at 3pm - Page 8 - Immigration Voice

Originally Posted by DMX17
I think this is one of the most important scenarios related to the I-140 EAD/AP rule.

Scenario:
- Employer A I-140 is approved let’s say in May 2015
- I resign now and join Employer B but the Employer A agrees to not revoke/cancel the I-140
- I-140 EAD/AP Rule is implemented let’s say in June 2016

Can I tell employer B that all they need to do now is an H1 transfer “just this one-time” and they do not have to start the GC process again since in June 2016 I own an approved I-140 albeit from my previous employer A?

If we can get some inside info on this scenario, this could potentially free up a lot of people now. I know it’s almost impossible to get this “assurance” however.

Response by hil3182:

Making any kind of assumptions about anything about anything other than "vanilla" I-140EAD+AP is dangerous.

When we have more info about the edge cases, we will release it (there is no real reason to keep it confidential), but make assumptions about it at your own peril.
Agreed, but we don't even know what "vanilla" means. Just thinking about this, this rule has to be retroactive to some degree, otherwise people who filed their I-140s 5 years ago, but with the same employer, would be screwed. The question is what about the same people who switched jobs, with un-revoked I-140s? My personal belief is that they will be covered, for the following reasons:

- That unrevoked I-140 is the basis for many things already (H1B extensions, H4 EAD) and can also be used to file I-485 if you go back to that employer.

- A legal opinion I heard is that if people in this category are excluded, it's possible to file suit for inclusion.

That being said, the scenario you present would not be included, because in this case the employee didn't spend a year with the petitioning employer.

Anyway, this is all speculation, but I would be surprised if there's nothing addressing the past-employer-case.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NaCh007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
I think each person's decision should be based on their own unique situation and knowledge of information. IV should not be influencing such personal decisions or give legal advice.
Noted. But, can u plz throw some light on below questions with the information/knowledge u have?

1. What is probability for the dates to become current for GC (my PD is May 2011 under EB2 category)? Does DHS has the privilege to make the dates current for GC? Or will it be done by Senate?

2. What are the optimistic and pessimistic timelines for the 1615-AC05 for I140 EAD to be effective?

Plz advise.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

neo...good points and speculations. Hope your belief comes true and my scenario is also covered

I have my own confusion stemming from my own speculations, but I better not talk about my confusion openly or else people on the tracking website will go with it and send USCIS preemptive e-mails on how to address all the detail issues

Old 08-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iamvoid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was not aware of this rule. What is the RIN associated with this? Can you plz share more info?
Dude, I thought there was this long post from IV about it.. is it not what one of the fixes are?

I am sorry if I am wrong about it.. but this is what was in my mind about the fixes are going to be.