Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamworld
Do we need an original approved labor to file the I140? Who gets the approved labor, attorney? Or Employer?

Throw some lights..
YEs. Usually, the attorney gets it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venki-mi is on a distinguished road
Default Notes from my lawyer

Lawyer says,

we shall not have any problem with your subs. Even we do, it will not affect your EB2. But you may waste a lot of money to do this because if the congress passes the bill, you do not need it. So, you may think twice before doing this.

WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT- WHAT KIND OF BILL CONGRESS WILL PASS.

Please help out...

Regards,
Venki

Old 05-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2012
Compare
nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris187
I have worked at my curent company for almost 5 yrs. When applying for i140 can i use the experience that i gained at my current company when applying. I have a three yr degree and want to combine it with my work experience but the only place that i have worked is with the company that is going to sponor me. Please advise.
No you cannot use the experience with the current employer unless the position you are filing for has job responsibities that differ by 50 % from the one you have your experience in.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venki-mi is on a distinguished road
Default congress bill

Munnaibhai,

Lawyer says,

we shall not have any problem with your subs. Even we do, it will not affect your EB2. But you may waste a lot of money to do this because if the congress passes the bill, you do not need it. So, you may think twice before doing this.

Please help out...

Regards,
Venki

Old 05-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
madhurib is on a distinguished road
Default Labor expiry issue-Urjentttt

Expiration of Labor Certifications : 180-Day Rule

Under current rules, a labor certification (LC) does not have an expiration date. Under the new regulation, an LC will expire after 180 days if no I-140 is filed to proceed with the case. For labor certifications approved on or after July 16, 2007, the I-140 petition must be filed within 180 days of the LC approval. For LCs that are or were approved before July 16, 2007, the I-140 petition will have to be filed within 180 days of July 16, 2007.

"THIS IS THE ARTICLE TAKEN FROM THE MURTHY.COM BULLETIN"

"Does this mean that the labor certification approved in Dec 10 2006 will be expired by Jun 10 2007"

Does it mean labor certification approval expires after 180 days irrespective of "July 16 2007" deadline?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Madhuri

Old 05-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

SORRY for posting here
but need attention to use webfax
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...ails&Itemid=46

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Attended SJ Rally, flower campaign, DC Rally, Contributor since2007, Attended SJ 2012- HR3012 Rally.

New EB2 started April 2011
Greened Oct 2012

Old 05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sravani will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki-mi
Hi,
My wife and my child are in India now for vacation. Do I need them here to file the case as it includes I-485. Do I need them to call back.

Or can I include them in file after they come back. Please let me know.

Regards,
Venki
Yes. You need them here at the time of applying 485. You need to submit the application with their latest I-94. I think you can join them later in the 485 also but it's highly advisable to file all your applications at the same time.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Munnaibhai,

Lawyer says,

Please help out...

Regards,
Venki
The Bill is still not yet finalized. If the bill gets passed in the current form

The buzz here is, all the GC applicants who applied for I-140 after May/21/2007 must reapply their applications using the merit based point system.

May be your attorney was saying about this. I am not entirely sure about the May/21/2007 cut-off date or I didn't see this in the bill text, but I gleaned this info. from the members here discussing about this date, some panicking and some created polls about this date.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhurib
Expiration of Labor Certifications : 180-Day Rule

Under current rules, a labor certification (LC) does not have an expiration date. Under the new regulation, an LC will expire after 180 days if no I-140 is filed to proceed with the case. For labor certifications approved on or after July 16, 2007, the I-140 petition must be filed within 180 days of the LC approval. For LCs that are or were approved before July 16, 2007, the I-140 petition will have to be filed within 180 days of July 16, 2007.

"THIS IS THE ARTICLE TAKEN FROM THE MURTHY.COM BULLETIN"

"Does this mean that the labor certification approved in Dec 10 2006 will be expired by Jun 10 2007"

Does it mean labor certification approval expires after 180 days irrespective of "July 16 2007" deadline?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Madhuri
My interpretation is, all the labor applications approved on or before July/16/2007, the expiration date is July/16/2007 + 180 days.

This means the labor certification approved on Dec 10 2006 will get expired on
Jan/16/2008.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjoey
SORRY for posting here
but need attention to use webfax
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...ails&Itemid=46

Can any body tweak the site so that any one visiting the site forced to send the webfax

Old 05-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Munnaibhai,

Lawyer says,

Please help out...

Regards,
Venki
What a pity! People are worried about the senate bill and we have still people thinking about buying labors. I dont know when will people stop thinking about themselves "only" and start working on the problem at the roots.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonnotman is on a distinguished road
Default New Evidence

Hi all,

I have recently submitted an EB-1a application and subsequently received an RFE notification. Therefore if I wanted to submit new evidence against an application would this be allowed ??

Old 05-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

Hey did you get chance to send web-fax?

Thanks,

Old 05-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnotman
Hi all,

I have recently submitted an EB-1a application and subsequently received an RFE notification. Therefore if I wanted to submit new evidence against an application would this be allowed ??
RFE is request for further evidence. So they will allow you to submit evidence to make your case stronger.

Could you please take a few minutes and send web faxes.
Thank you.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
appusheth is on a distinguished road
Default LC and I-140 Issues

Hello,

Citizen of India.
1st H1 valid until Sept 2008.
Consultate for CP will be Mumbai, India.

I have a couple of questions pertaining to GC.

My LC is approved 2 days back (Filed - May 17, Approved - May 25) I didnt know this happens so fast. We have not yet received the cetitified documents from the department so I dont know whether its EB2 or EB3.

My lawyer says it is upto the department to decide whether my case comes under EB2 or EB3? Is this right?

Now we plan to file the I-140 in June 07. Should I go for premium processing right from the first time? My company is ready to do this. But someone said on one of these websites that this creates a suspicion in the minds of the department. I dont know how true this is?

I am thinking to opt for Consular Processing. What do you recommend on this?

I have read that we can also file I-140/485 concurrently. What does that mean? I was under the impression that first I-140 needs to be approved and only then we can file the other papers.

I read in one of the posts that the 485 and EAD were approved becore I-140. How is that possible?

Now the main thing that is bothering me is the financial situation of the company. They have good money and they can afford to pay me well, but the old accountant messed up big time and filed all wrong taxes and di not maintain proper records etc. So on papers its not such a great company, but they have money for sure. How can this be a hurdle?

All your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank You.