Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 07-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute

Recently saw few of our members receiving green cards..... Congratulations to all of you.

I hope that you will continue to come to the IV site, and help us folks still stuck in the process.

In the meanwhile, please do share the reality that is still a dream to many of us...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
appas123 is a glorious beacon of light appas123 is a glorious beacon of light appas123 is a glorious beacon of light appas123 is a glorious beacon of light appas123 is a glorious beacon of light appas123 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotammo View Post
Good luck to all, with wishes for a Happy Diwali and a prosperous New Year.
ramee,
Here is what we did for the birth certificate RFE couple of years ago

1 - copy of 10th standard mark sheet with birth date on it
2 - copy of 12th standard mark sheet with birth date on it
3 - affidavit from two relatives on notarized paper stressing the date of birth, the relationship with the person in question, whether they witnessed the birth or in the hospital etc.

The four things (two marksheets and two affidavits) worked well for us. Good luck.
Approved via email - August 9th, 2010

Old 03-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute
Default We should not celebrate discrimination

- How has greencard changed your life after receiving it?

Not much, but no worries about out of status etc. and my wife can switch jobs
and job opportunities increase

- What did you do on the day you received it?

Was happy - but did not celebrate

We(EB2 I) were discriminated against(Less than EB3 I though) and cannot celebrate discrimination

- How did the long wait upset your life?

There is no fairness in life and stopped looking for it

- How did immigrationvoice help you during this long wait?

Kept me sane and analysis gave hope.Information provided by IV community made me anticipate problems and preempt RFE's

- Would you like to continue your support to immigration voice and help others waiting?

Yes

- Any advice for everyone?

Study "Gandhi" - His teachings and his life

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute
Default We should not celebrate discrimination

Not much, but no worries about out of status etc. and my wife can switch jobs
and job opportunities increase

Was happy - but did not celebrate

We(EB2 I) were discriminated against(Less than EB3 I though) and cannot celebrate discrimination

There is no fairness in life and stopped looking for it.

We are all accidents of birth - sometimes it helps(Born to parents who can feed/educate us) and sometimes it hurts(Retrogression)

Kept me sane and analysis gave hope.Information provided by IV community made me anticipate problems and preempt RFE's

- Would you like to continue your support to immigration voice and help others waiting?

Yes

Study "Gandhi" - His teachings and his life

Old 03-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
As our members get greencards, we are happy for them and wish them good luck for future. Please continue to support Immigrationvoice and visit this site to help others waiting in line. If there are sufficient greencard holder members, we can even take up issues confronting greencard applicants in future.

This thread is to start a discussion and hear experiences from members who have received their greencard. Please write

Did not change one bit. Same living conditions, same workplace but one less problem to deal with in life though.

Was happy to see the card finally. Cross-checked all the information to make sure we were not in for any last minute shocks.

GC discussion comes up once in a while between family and friends. That's about it. I was on EAD already and was having some freedom. I did affect my professional life for a while though.

Good source of information, people having all sorts of experiences share their views and it was good learning process for me. Definitely helped get to where i am right now.

Yes

The worst affected lot is the EB3-I folks, i feel very sorry for the people who are still waiting. My advice for them is they stand a better chance of receiving GC by porting to EB2. There is no end in sight for their misery if they continue to stay in EB-3.

Once anyone received his greencard, please update the IV tracker too. We like to see how many members in IV are greencard holders and what is the current trend of approvals in our membership

ImmigrationVoice.org
see inside

Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to all of you who got Greened.

In addition to your experience in the process, it would be great to get a sense of the qualifications of folks getting Greened, just so we have a sense of the requirements for getting approved.

Many thanks!

Old 03-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute

A lot for me especially when my kid is ready to go to college and apply for various scholarship programs that are restricted only to Permanent Residents and Citizens. Also provided me and my wife flexibility to move and look for jobs where we reside rather than relocating.
I was vacationing in India with family and enjoyed going to a movie
Though it did not affect me much, it did affected my wife's morale and confidence. After a long wait and gap in her professional carrier, it was bit difficult to get back into the main stream.
IV is breeze and the analysis and the platform provided during this wait is invaluable. This is the only reason I keep coming back again to IV and participate as much I can.
Yes.
GC process is like a roller-coaster ride with many ups and downs. Please be patient that can see you through this.

Question to IV:
Can you also add who are citizens in the tracker apart from GC holders? Those who got GC during my time frame are eligible to be US Citizens and have much more voice and can help IV to influence law makers.

Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

thx nlssbu we need support from folks like you. All recently greened Ivians pls continue your strong support.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2003
Compare
rsirpal is a splendid one to behold rsirpal is a splendid one to behold rsirpal is a splendid one to behold rsirpal is a splendid one to behold rsirpal is a splendid one to behold rsirpal is a splendid one to behold rsirpal is a splendid one to behold rsirpal is a splendid one to behold

How has greencard changed your life after receiving it?
Travelled to Mexico and Canada without visa on GC. No more endless EAD & AP renewals. Peace of mind that I am stable as for as my immigration status. No change in work, job, pay etc. Had bought house, marries, had kids before GC

Saw India vs Australia Quaterfinal in World cup which India won so double dhamaka

stress & anxiety due to unstable EAD status. Wasted lot of money upgrading EADs, APs. Extra wait at International airport while travelling on AP. Home Refinance loan rate increased due to EAD status

2 year EAD was helpful. There was dome solace in the forums.

Yes

EB3 India there is no hope for you if your PD is after 2003. Better to port over to EB2 India like I did

Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
ho_gaya_kaya_? is just really nice ho_gaya_kaya_? is just really nice ho_gaya_kaya_? is just really nice ho_gaya_kaya_? is just really nice
Default yup.

Got my GC in Feb, 2012

Took the first step towards GC when I talked to the HR in Feb 2003
Labor (EB3) filed in June 2003
Went into that stupid backlog for two years- (if you don't know what that is- you haven't been around the block enough )

Filed for GC in 2007- Kudos to IV for that !
My application was lost for few months in that stampeded and after few nervous months, things got back on track- THAT was the scariest moment- in this whole ride

Changed jobs in 2009

Refiled Labor (EB2) 2011

Got an RFE
Finally GC in 2012

----
It was quite a ride.
The best moment was - when I got my EAD and AP.
The worst was- when my application was lost.

Did getting my GC change my life? Naw. Saved me few bucks and some heart burn- but that's it.
Though dont mean to downplay the sense of relief. It is great !
The real relief was filing for EAD - that's when i got my sense of liberty
140: Approved Oct 30 '07
July 2nd filer- Got rejected (lost application)
Refiled Mid Oct '07
RD: July 02 '07
ND: Nov 03 '07
FP Appt. Done-Notice received on Nov 20 '07
EAD:Approved - Nov 12
AP:Approved- Nov 12
Refiled for EB2: 2010
Got GC: Feb 2012

Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2011
Compare
simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute

Changing jobs has become alot easier and the job options have increased tremendously.

i couldn't believe the gc journey was finally over. I went out with my friends and got plastered.

the wait was too long but survived all these - 2001 dot com bust, 2004 BEC labor(backlog), 2007 visa fiasco, 2008 financial crisis, 2010 high employment - and i came out alot stronger.

There was some solace in reading similar stories knowing i was not the only one.

Yes

Port to EB2

Old 06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute

The anxiety of keeping the H1 live and need to stick to a job / find a new one immediately after the completion of one job removed from my shoulders and gave me a big relief.
I was vacationing away with my family in India and went to the Temple and celebrated with friends and family.
Rather than upsetting me, it upset my wife a lot due to her inability to work or do something meaningful in life for long. With 10 long years of wait and joblessness, made her really hard to struggle to get back to the main stream after that break due to job market and recession during that time.
Good to know the status of fellow applicants and the ability to express and share your feeling is really helped in the long wait.
Yes. I still keep visiting IV whenever time permits and still providing some advice from time to time depends on time availability.
This is a frustrating journey for everyone and it will be really appreciate, if you refrain from venting this frustration against fellow applicants.

I already applied for my Citizenship and waiting in line for an interview soon. Can IV also gather this information and seek help from those who got citizenship and willing to help as well? I am pretty sure citizens have a much better clout in voicing the opinion and will have an impact on the legislators.

Thanks

Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlssubbu View Post
The anxiety of keeping the H1 live and need to stick to a job / find a new one immediately after the completion of one job removed from my shoulders and gave me a big relief.
I was vacationing away with my family in India and went to the Temple and celebrated with friends and family.
Rather than upsetting me, it upset my wife a lot due to her inability to work or do something meaningful in life for long. With 10 long years of wait and joblessness, made her really hard to struggle to get back to the main stream after that break due to job market and recession during that time.
Good to know the status of fellow applicants and the ability to express and share your feeling is really helped in the long wait.
Yes. I still keep visiting IV whenever time permits and still providing some advice from time to time depends on time availability.
This is a frustrating journey for everyone and it will be really appreciate, if you refrain from venting this frustration against fellow applicants.

I already applied for my Citizenship and waiting in line for an interview soon. Can IV also gather this information and seek help from those who got citizenship and willing to help as well? I am pretty sure citizens have a much better clout in voicing the opinion and will have an impact on the legislators.

Thanks
Good to see an IV member from the early days of IV.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 06-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Good to see an IV member from the early days of IV.
We should encourage all to register to vote

RegistertoVote.org

http://registertovote.org

Old 06-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Post Green Card Life

The anxiety of keeping the H1 live and and the ease of travel in and out. Hope to do Canada/Mexico stuff soon
Ordered the NEW Ipad and booked tickets to India
It did not impact my life in anyway, especially comsidering the fact that my application in EB2 was filed in Dec 2007 and had the GC on hand in March 2012.
Lot of interesting and disturbing stories..gave a lot of perspective on many things.
Yes.
You gotta "Grin and Bear it".....I know it is easy for me to say that but is there an option...
Good Luck and God speed...everybody