Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 05-12-2008, 05:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
South Korea
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenlight will become famous soon enough greenlight will become famous soon enough
Default Did anyone inteview for the EB green card?

Hello,
I am EB-3 ROW, and my PD has been current since March 2008.
I am wondering if anyone had to interview before their green card was approved? If so, please share your experience as well.

Thank you and congratulations.

EB-3 (South Korea)
PD-12/4/04
RIR approved- Sept. 06

I-485, EAD & AP sent to NSC - 7/24/07
Receipt notices issued for I-485, EAD & AP-8/21/07
Checks cleared for I-485, EAD, AP, & FP- 8/24/07

Fingerprinting- 9/17/07
EAD approved- 9/26/07
AP approved- 11/2/07
I-140 approved-12/26/07 (filed @ NSC on 1/18/07)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Life after GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
- How has greencard changed your life after receiving it?
GC arrival does change the life little bit. My frequent anxiety regarding various renewals like EAD, AP, H1/H4 vanished along with the tons of documentation that I have to do for those. I was struck to my current job during this process and continued the same way even after GC, but I am about change that soon. GC now provides me the ability to compete with others in the open market and provide me the confidence.
- What did you do on the day you received it?
I just went to the Temple and thank God for finally receiving it during my life time!
- How did the long wait upset your life?
More than me, it upsets my wife a lot. This does take a toll on her as she is confined to home and occasional voluntary services. She is now vigorously pursuing for a job in this down market and finding it difficult to compete with others, who have recent US job experience.
- How did immigrationvoice help you during this long wait?
IV helped to be better informed about various processes, procedures. This also helped me to deal with the attorneys directly by-passing the paralegals, who have little knowledge and to get the attorney’s much needed attention to my cases.
- Would you like to continue your support to immigration voice and help others waiting?
Yes. I do visit the forum from time to time and provide my experience and get updated with the changing rules, regulations and the visa status.
- Any advice for everyone?
As we are the people in no man’s land, I would suggest every one to be united to support the noble and good cause to revamp this system. I was driven away by the infighting and bickering and do not understand what benefits that is going to provide. Though I understand the pain, frustration and agony for the uncertain wait for this process, I would like to remind everyone that this is the time where we may need to be more united and welcome others instead of fighting among ourselves.

Once anyone received his greencard, please update the IV tracker too. We like to see how many members in IV are greencard holders and what is the current trend of approvals in our membership
- I did updated
Thanks

Old 06-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future
Default My thoughts !

- How has green card changed your life after receiving it?
It created some anxiety instead of joy. Of course you will understand why in a bit. Please see explanation below. Brought a home as the uncertainty was gone. I still do have to worry about some documentation for our son but that is fine.. More opportunities opened up with direct placements instead of subcontracting etc. Feel good factor has been great

As I said we were anxious for a bit but there was a definite relief that the ordeal of 8 yrs was over. Called up few friends and informed. Called parents in India and informed them. They were happy though they do not know of the advantages.. Thanked GOD ! Uncorked some champagne and had a good time
Really painful with Dhobi ka kutta na ghar ka na ghat ka types.. Major decisions in life were pending and a feeling of uncertainty haunting all the time.

IV has been a fabulous place to get all the information. I used to go to other sites before this but after I joined IV this has been my home for Immi related issues. It helped me stay focussed some times and also better informed due to the various initiatives that were being taken up and discussed. Sometimes there were some flaming but it happens. I still have a RED dot against me from Ms Hemione with whom I had an argument about illegals.. not that I care much about it. Its been a definite learning experience for me

- Would you like to continue your support to immigration voice and help others waiting?
I visit the forum and read the issues and make calls to the senators and congressmen. Sent letter for the administrative fixes and active in my own way. I am not participating in the local chapter which is something I would like to address this coming few months.

Easier said than done ! This process is extremely frustrating for most of the people who are in the queue. We are still in the queue for our son. We should do what ever is possible from our side to espouse our case and make us heard. IV has been a leader in this and we should support the cause in whatever way we can. Not everybody can contribute in the same way but at the end of the day each drop adds to the pool.

Once anyone received his greencard, please update the IV tracker too. We like to see how many members in IV are greencard holders and what is the current trend of approvals in our membership
- I think I did, will check once again

IV you rock
PD EB2 Jan 2001, 9/11 ,(BEC ,pink slip)
H1 new empl - Dec 02
EB3 RIR, INDIA(Empl mess up)
PD: Sep 2003 , 2nd MS - SE
140 Approval: March 2004
3EADs , 4FPs
3APs, 485 approval -- 07/30/2007
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Calls to Congressmen,Senators
Letter for administrative fixes
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.

Last edited by krishnam70; 05-08-2009 at 01:55 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice

OK! I just gave you two GREEN dots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnam70 View Post
Sometimes there were some flaming but it happens. I still have a RED dot against me from Ms Hemione with whom I had an argument about illegals..

Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold

LC applied : Dec'2003
Approved : July' 2006
I-485 RD : July' 2007
I-485 AD : Nov'2007

A cautious sense of freedom. Suddenly a lot more opportunities opened up and more employers started to show interest. My Desi employer is suddenly on the receiving end and I dictate the terms. Yes, Still workiing with them after 6 months, but that was my own decision to stick with them. Leaving them next month for a 50% raise in salary

I got up at 7:00 that morning of Dec 3rd, (starting dec 3rd my date was not current anymore) , still half asleep, checked my email and got the shock of my life --"Welcome notice sent..." checked it multiple times then woke up my wife and almost dragged her to the computer and made her read the emails with half closed eyes... Our town recieved record rainfall that day and all streets got flooded, so no work Went to a Thai place for dinner that night with another family who are very close friend of ours.

-How did the long wait upset your life?
The feeling of uncertanity was terrible. Had to deal with the employer on a daily basis. They sat on my paperwork for 6 weeks, made me sign a million agreements and still did not file my case in June even though my date was current. I was devastated on the morning of July 2nd and rest is very well known to everyone here.

-How did immigrationvoice help you during this long wait?
What can I say? IV took me from what I mentioned in my last point to where I am right now - Waiting for my paycheck with 50% more and above that without any doubts about it coming

YES - Or I wouldn' be here 6 months after gettting my GC. Sent another contribution of $50 today.(Paypal Transaction ID #23M509897Y2455252)

Have faith in yourself and God. and remember whatever happens , happens for the best.. Even We agree that the GC came at the right time for us. My wife got to spend 100% of her time with our daughter until she was ready to go to a pre-school. And we got a very good friend during the DC rally.. Hello EB3Retro !

Chapter : WA

ATTENDED DC RALLY
Contacted Law-makers
Contributed $275 so far
Brought 3 new contributing members to IV

Last edited by WeShallOvercome; 06-17-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future
Default Ha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasantha View Post
OK! I just gave you two GREEN dots!
I am I happy ? Two green dots look better than one RED... . I called my local senators office again yesterday to support the initiatives on the floor. They now recognize me when ever I call them because of so many calls

keep up the good work folks the fruits of labor will be there to enjoy..
PD EB2 Jan 2001, 9/11 ,(BEC ,pink slip)
H1 new empl - Dec 02
EB3 RIR, INDIA(Empl mess up)
PD: Sep 2003 , 2nd MS - SE
140 Approval: March 2004
3EADs , 4FPs
3APs, 485 approval -- 07/30/2007
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Calls to Congressmen,Senators
Letter for administrative fixes
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
ssharma is on a distinguished road
Smile my Independence Day !!!

Dear IV folks,

After a long long 7 years I finally received my Green Card y'day.
If not anything... this process does forcefully teach patience, hope, anger mgnt & gives a new understanding of terms UNFAIR & UNJUST.
My app did experience all the delays ..Backlog centers, company change, date portability, NameCheck..
For expediting Namecheck & Serv. ticket I had written/fax/calls to almost everyone in govt. White House, First Lady, DHS Dir, TSC Dir, USCIS Dir, Senator...
Not sure if anything worked, but finally 180 day rule might have helped.

Finally ...it's a great sense of relief.
I was desperately needing it now as I wanted MBA loan & change of field etc.

Special thanks to pappu,logiclife,berkeleybee,Googler ...you guys are the lighthouses in this long tempest.
It's amazing that someone whom you don't know & have never met, inspire & guide so many others.

All the very best to everyone & I hope everyone gets their GC in a FAIR order - FIFO -.

God bless you all.

-------------------------
IND
140 - Dec 2001 (EB3) BEC
140 - Aug 2005 (EB2) PERM
485 - May 2007

Old 07-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice

Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssharma View Post
Dear IV folks,

If not anything... this process does forcefully teach patience, hope, anger mgnt & gives a new understanding of terms UNFAIR & UNJUST.
My app did experience all the delays ..Backlog centers, company change, date portability, NameCheck..
For expediting Namecheck & Serv. ticket I had written/fax/calls to almost everyone in govt. White House, First Lady, DHS Dir, TSC Dir, USCIS Dir, Senator...

Special thanks to pappu,logiclife,berkeleybee,Googler ...you guys are the lighthouses in this long tempest.
It's amazing that someone whom you don't know & have never met, inspire & guide so many others.

All the very best to everyone & I hope everyone gets their GC in a FAIR order - FIFO -.

God bless you all.

IND
140 - Dec 2001 (EB3) BEC
485 - May 2007

Old 07-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
webm will become famous soon enough
Default Happy with GC..

Congrats!! ssharma..Happydays with GC..

------------------
PD: EB3 India Oct,2001
485 AD:Waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssharma View Post
Dear IV folks,

God bless you all.

IND
140 - Dec 2001 (EB3) BEC
485 - May 2007

Old 07-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
ramee is on a distinguished road
Default RFE Birth

Finally approved for all family members except my wife (Dependent).

We submitted normal Birth certificate from Municipal Corporation. But got RFE on Birth Document. Any body aware of secondary evidence for birth document. They are asking for oldest health, school, Census or religious record that shows both parent names and DOB.

Anybody experienced this type of RFE before?

Old 07-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
ramee is on a distinguished road
Default RFE - Birth Document

Any one in the same boat?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
phanta is on a distinguished road
Wink

I got my GC after 6 years of application and 10 years arrival. Initially the GC was not a goal, probably a mistake.Later on it felt like it was hampering my dreams. With the passage of some more time, realized that dreams were not really dependent on the GC, but it was a nice crutch. Getting the GC does bring about some stability brought about by the job flexibility, but the lack of one did not prevent me from changing jobs, marrying, having kids, buying a home, or searching for better opportunities. I really can't say, I lost a good opportunity because I did not have a GC, but I did use it as an excuse.
Nevertheless, not a look a gift horse in the mouth, the GC was a much awaited event and milestone. I am now officially an immigrant, and I did open a champagne bottle on that day and have a dinner out with the family.

It is easy to give this, since it would no longer apply to me, nevertheless, I would advice one to plan one's life without the feeling of entitlement and the understanding that the GC in itself will not change your life by a whole lot(it will have a lot of impact for some, but on average, lives for most will go on) . The ability to take risks, plan for risks and to compromise is independent of it. If not GC, then something else will replace it. So don't fret, fume or drown in sorrow, it will happen in time, with a constant plod towards the goal.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/07/2006
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all
Default Knowledge

we will see

greatly!
greatly!
for sure
knowledge, knowledge and knowledge! The earlier- the better.
Greatest disappointment that haven't discovered IV back then, say in 2001
ND:Oct 1 2007
EAD, AP, FP-done
I-485 ( primary): approved on Oct 23, 2008
( derivative child): approved Oct.23, 2008
(derivative spouse): case lost in NSC

Member of Florida State Chapter

Contributions YTD:$515, $100 in IV merchandise

Old 10-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoklaus View Post
-
knowledge, knowledge and knowledge! The earlier- the better.
Greatest disappointment that haven't discovered IV back then, say in 2001
Very true.
Lack of awareness and information is a big problem. Starting the process early is better. I have seen some people undecided about GC and waiting till the end of H1B to start. It is at that time they discover retrogression. Some discover retrogression only after 140 approval. Until then they are not even aware of IV.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
hotammo has a spectacular aura about hotammo has a spectacular aura about hotammo has a spectacular aura about
Default After getting GC

Quote:
As our members get greencards, we are happy for them and wish them good luck for future. Please continue to support Immigrationvoice and visit this site to help others waiting in line. If there are sufficient greencard holder members, we can even take up issues confronting greencard applicants in future.

This thread is to start a discussion and hear experiences from members who have received their greencard. Please write –

Not very many things have changed since getting GC but with the economy in turmoil at least I have a little peace of mind that if anything were to happen to my current job, the struggle for another job would be easier (hopefully). -
Went with my wife to a Moe's
It did not affect my life too much and it should not as I got my GC within 7 years of my coming to the US, while a lot of my borthers who have been to the US longer than I are still waiting. - How did immigrationvoice help you during this long wait?
IV was like panacea for all immigration related anxieties.- Would you like to continue your support to immigration voice and help others waiting?
Absolutely, thus coming back to IV.
Well coming from a person who had to wait relatively less time for GC, this might seem shallow, but I have followed one simple principle in life, perserverence. Also I have planned ahead for the next step before one reaches the finish line as it keeps you motivated to reach higher, become better. So let GC be the goal but not let it stop you from enjoying life.
First step after GC, go to SSN office and get your Social Security card renewed to the one which does not have the line "INS authorization required to work. ANd if you follow Murthy wait at least 6 months before leaving your GC sponsoring employer.

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...cker&Itemid=63
Good luck to all, with wishes for a Happy Diwali and a prosperous New Year.
Labor: Approved - Apr 06
I-140: Approved - Jul 06
I-485: Approved - Aug 08

Participated in High Five Campaign