Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up NJ BUS: Salute for IV Cores.

I am so glad that I volunteered for the NJ Bus to the rally.. After a long time I got a sense that I did something good.

We were only 22-25 people(we should have been more but thats a whole different story) on the bus but each and everyone was motivated and full of positive attitude. We had a GREAT time and at the end of rally and trip everyone of us knew that we were part of something great. Most of us felt that we should have been to DC the earlier day and should have participated in lawmaker meetings and dinner event.

We had a great bus journey and were lucky to get a great driver -unlike other bus sorry Annina...

Staying in Gurudwara was great idea and would like to thank the person who ever came up with that.. helped to freshen up and got a superb breakfast .. that was a good one.

Reached the Monument around 8am and were initially disappointed by the attendance (could be lack of sleep as well) but were happily proved wrong as the numbers increased exponentially every hour.

IV Californians: You guys rock.. We will learn from you..

Rally walk was great as I wasnt able to see the start or the end of the rally..
Our "fearless leader" was great and enthusiastic waving flag during the whole rally.

For me, the climax was logiclife's speech.. That was it .. My homeboy hit a home run at the word go.. it mesmerized me as he spoke his heart out..

Felt bad as Mcdermott clearly messed up "legal & illegal" again..
I was standing in the second row and managed to stop a feeling of correcting him... Other than that everyone was amazing on the podium..

Overall rally was a HUGE HUGE SUCCESS.. It could have been more but unfortunately many of us decided not to show up.. For all of those IV parasites I would like to say one thing which is " Please dont let your kids be like you.. dont let them choke the way you do.. teach them how to fight.. how to speak up and stand up for themselves.. "

For those who attended the rally and tried to make the change - they will definitely get their worth in their lives.

Feel bad for the ones who missed out on this due to geniune reasons but did their part of contributing or doing background work for the rally... especially ssinghsa3.. great job in organizing this bud.. you've got more help next time..

This rally gave me good friends.. amit_sp, checklaw, dipmay2002, arnab221, guduru76, HHAE2000, manishcp, naan, Smriti, sonuus, ygs,Caliber,ssarthk,RNGC, (sorry if I missed anyone, still tired).. GUYS Ya'll ROCK.......

Thanks for the ride back home dipmay2002..

IV CORE .. you are HEROES..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/
Bookmark and Share Compare