Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 02-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mendenken has much to be proud of mendenken has much to be proud of mendenken has much to be proud of mendenken has much to be proud of mendenken has much to be proud of mendenken has much to be proud of mendenken has much to be proud of mendenken has much to be proud of mendenken has much to be proud of
Default Is it worth to file under EB2 now

Hi,
My priority date is Feb'2006 (EB3-I). Per my earlier requests, my company is now considering filing new application under EB2. Based on the fact that EB2 is retrogressed to Sept'1st-2004, is it now even worth trying to port to EB2? I know it is hard to predict the movement but I just want to hear your thoughts. For this second filing I need to pay from my pocket and the filing is with the same company so there is a cost and risk both involved

Thanks.

Proud to be a monthly contributed member to IV.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendenken View Post
Hi,
My priority date is Feb'2006 (EB3-I). Per my earlier requests, my company is now considering filing new application under EB2. Based on the fact that EB2 is retrogressed to Sept'1st-2004, is it now even worth trying to port to EB2? I know it is hard to predict the movement but I just want to hear your thoughts. For this second filing I need to pay from my pocket and the filing is with the same company so there is a cost and risk both involved

Thanks.

Unless some pro-immi bill goes through, EB3i is dead in the water for a long time. You are way off with EB3I PD. Porting to EB2 is the best decision you can take now.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
2009EB3 is infamous around these parts

Yes sir. It's worth doing it.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Do not think twice.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Go ahead and file in EB2 if you can.Don't need to think twice.Good Luck!

Old 02-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default You should

Try EB1. If not EB2 is better.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes

As others have already said, go ahead and file in EB2. It is definitely worth it.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deecha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddymjm View Post
Try EB1. If not EB2 is better.
Were you able to port to EB1 (or EB2) ? If so, what was your experience.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For this second filing I need to pay from my pocket and the filing is with the same company so there is a cost and risk both involved
One of the RFE questions I faced in my I-140 application was to prove that the company was paying all the costs and that was not being passed onto the employee. We had to provide my complete financial picture (list of all accounts with statements from the time we started the GC process internally which was a year before we filed the first ad), a credit report, a chex systems report as part of the evidence to make our case. You want to be very very careful in paying for costs.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WalL View Post
One of the RFE questions I faced in my I-140 application was to prove that the company was paying all the costs and that was not being passed onto the employee. We had to provide my complete financial picture (list of all accounts with statements from the time we started the GC process internally which was a year before we filed the first ad), a credit report, a chex systems report as part of the evidence to make our case. You want to be very very careful in paying for costs.
I guess this is a good and +ve development from USCIS. Lot of companies demand fees from employees for this. This act would curtail it, if not eliminate completely.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WalL View Post
This is very good move by USCIS. It must be made like random checks for every application now. It will help reduce fraud and exploitation. Why should an employee pay from pocket for the company to find his American Citizen replacement? This is kind of fraud and must be stopped.