Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sundarvap is just really nice sundarvap is just really nice sundarvap is just really nice sundarvap is just really nice sundarvap is just really nice
Default Urgent--Whether Visitor Insurance Is mandatory?

Whether Visitor Insurance Is mandatory for people coming from India. Please advice as I have my in-laws coming down by this weekend.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/08/2011
Compare
salshaik is a jewel in the rough salshaik is a jewel in the rough salshaik is a jewel in the rough

No, It's not mandatory. However taking minimal insurance is always better. You can choose the coverage depending on the health conditions. I bought insurance two times during my IN-LAWS'S visits and I never used it. Taking the insurance or not is entirely dependent on your personal decisions.
Hope this helps

Thanks,
Salauddin

Old 09-25-2012, 05:39 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

The questions to be asked is if these visitor insurances cover anything other than simple bruises? How are the experiences of people who try to claim and were denied for one reason or other? How is their post purchase customer service? Once you go back to your home country if you can even chase them for reimbursement? Just purchasing for peace of mind without knowing if they even cover anything or even pay for anything is not good enough in my opinion. Are they even recognized by the state authority where you will go for treatment? How do you find if the company is good and not out to make easy money? Why big companies with reputation like Aetna, blue cross etc don't offer visitor insurance?

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
The questions to be asked is if these visitor insurances cover anything other than simple bruises? How are the experiences of people who try to claim and were denied for one reason or other? How is their post purchase customer service? Once you go back to your home country if you can even chase them for reimbursement? Just purchasing for peace of mind without knowing if they even cover anything or even pay for anything is not good enough in my opinion. Are they even recognized by the state authority where you will go for treatment? How do you find if the company is good and not out to make easy money? Why big companies with reputation like Aetna, blue cross etc don't offer visitor insurance?
During my parent's trips and my wife's parents trip, there are times I bought visitor insurance and there are times I did not. It is nice to have some good insurance, if you think you cannot cover from out-of-pocket for small stuff.

Regarding my experience.
My father is diagnosed with cardiovascular issues and also diabetic. So, the most visiting insurances does not cover these pre-existing conditions. I took my dad to speciality doc once here on the probable issue related to the conditions and they charged non-insured consulting fee only. It worked out okay.
For my mother, who was free with any pre-existing conditions, I took to urgent care and used the claim process to claim back the money the urgent care requested. It took lot of communications back and forth but eventually, after co-pay and deductibles, they covered it.

so, it is up to us to forecast and take precautionary measures!