Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold
Default Sue, probably not demanding the GC backlog, but USCIS accountability

Thanks for starting the thread. I share your grief and agree that we gotta do something. As much as I agree that we have to fight for our rights, I am not too sure if suing is the best option.

Again, if you all decide too, I will be more than glad to contribute my 100 but do we have enough ground to ask the questions in such 'blunt' manner? As much as you and I believe that our lives are completely topsy-turvied by these arcane policies, would some one arguing against our claim say that we are still entitled to do what we were allowed here to do. The employment visa allows us to work in a certain kind of job and nothing is hampering that aspect. Yes, it screws up promotions, displaces your plans to stay and has ill-effects both at a personal as well as professional levels but still..

If we have to sue, I think the ground work one has to do is immense. Find significant amounts of data from USCIS in terms of how random their approvals are and how it affects you after we all paid monies expecting a totally different pattern. If this can be accomplished, we could sue them probably for their lack of customer service, by-passing their guidelines on a consistent basis and thus hampering the lives of several people who were here for example in 2001, etc. I strongly believe data is our best friend (worst too, as it is personal data that we probably might not be entitled to even enquire..)

Again, I am no lawyer. I am sort of playing devil's advocate and just thinking through the obvious rebuttals. If we were too get enough data, combining that with active media publicity and some innovative ideas (flowers/clocks/watches whatever) or getting the businesses to acknowledge, then we may see certain changes.

I don't mean to damper your spirits by any sort. I certainly like the 'return my money if you fail to live by your own guidelines'.
LC - 12/04, I-140: 07/07 (pending...) I-485:08/07
Waiting....

Last edited by lskreddy; 09-14-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04-18-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold
Default lskreddy

I share your concerns .. please join us in first trying the non-legal way .. we have a letter composed and we are going to send it out on monday .. check out the thread "Lets get organized"

Old 09-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future

I am in for it

Old 09-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
sparuthi will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up I am in

I will contribute $200 from my side, and I can also get discount on Lawyers thru my firm...

Old 09-14-2008, 05:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare
GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lskreddy View Post
Thanks for starting the thread. I share your grief and agree that we gotta do something. As much as I agree that we have to fight for our rights, I am not too sure if suing is the best option.

Again, if you all decide too, I will be more than glad to contribute my 100 but do we have enough ground to ask the questions in such 'blunt' manner? As much as you and I believe that our lives are completely topsy-turvied by these arcane policies, would some one arguing against our claim say that we are still entitled to do what we were allowed here to do. The employment visa allows us to work in a certain kind of job and nothing is hampering that aspect. Yes, it screws up promotions, displaces your plans to stay and has ill-effects both at a personal as well as professional levels but still..

If we have to sue, I think the ground work one has to do is immense. Find significant amounts of data from USCIS in terms of how random their approvals are and how it affects you after we all paid monies expecting a totally different pattern. If this can be accomplished, we could sue them probably for their lack of customer service, by-passing their guidelines on a consistent basis and thus hampering the lives of several people who were here for example in 2001, etc. I strongly believe data is our best friend (worst too, as it is personal data that we probably might not be entitled to even enquire..)

Again, I am no lawyer. I am sort of playing devil's advocate and just thinking through the obvious rebuttals. If we were too get enough data, combining that with active media publicity and some innovative ideas (flowers/clocks/watches whatever) or getting the businesses to acknowledge, then we may see certain changes.

I don't mean to damper your spirits by any sort. I certainly like the 'return my money if you fail to live by your own guidelines'.
Just the fact that, they keep going back from Current to Unavailable to 2006 to 2003 to etc, we have right to sue. Reasons below.

Financial loss.
Loss of business opportunity
Mental stress
Lack of moblility

List can go on.

Last edited by GCStatus; 09-14-2008 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Addition

Old 09-14-2008, 05:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare
GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by man-woman-and-gc View Post
It sounds easy..but funding drives are not always easy when reality strikes...how about starting a spreadsheet with names and ph# of people who are willing to contribute $100 for this lawsuit. As soon as we have the 1000th name, we start depositing money to a bank account. 100 grand is not small amount and I am sure we can find a good enough lawyer to start a lawsuit for that kind of money.

I and my wife are ready with our 100 bucks each.....and can help with maintaing the spreadsheet etc.... how do we get those 1000 names now....or do we even have support of 1000 people around here...that is the biggest question.
Exactly

Friends - Please PM me or MAN-WOMAN and GC, your respectively details. We will start accumnulating names.

Show time !

Old 09-14-2008, 05:14 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road
Default Lets sue the hell out of USCIS

No single person can do this alone. A big group like IV should / must sue USCIS.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
No single person can do this alone. A big group like IV should / must sue USCIS.
Welcome aboard Friend - We certainly are

Old 09-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of
Default I am in if you are including EB3

GC Status:

I am seeing that reedandbamboo is considering for EB2 only. We have to include EB3 too for law-suit. I beleive that we will have more than 1000 people if we inlcude all categories.

I will give 200$( 100$ for me and 100 $ for my wife)
Filed Labor first time in Jan 2001(EB2) but dot com bubble destroyed it.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Go IV

I am in

Old 09-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04-18-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmohan View Post
GC Status:

I am seeing that reedandbamboo is considering for EB2 only. We have to include EB3 too for law-suit. I beleive that we will have more than 1000 people if we inlcude all categories.

MY LETTER addresses the situation with the visa bulletin using EB2 as an EXAMPLE! I want them to scrutinise their visa bulletin setting technique for EVERYONE but I'm highlighting with a specific example.

The lawsuit, in the event that the letter is ineffective (more likely than not.. but still worthwhile starting with) is for EVERYONE.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Opening threads and then burying them deep like any other thread does not help us.

Thousands of threads were opened like this and everyday we see new threads.

I strongly recommend
(1) Update your profile with true information
(2) Pledge with honesty
(3) Join a state chapter and make yourself visible and available to IV.

We can go from there

There is no other way to organize 70k or more people where everyone just open threads, discuss and then open new threads and discuss and ..... it goers on

I say this from experience - there are people working day and night for IVs cause - with a lot of dedication - there are free riders and majority of people are sitting on fence - want to do something but not quite sure what/how /why and are lost opening these threads and discussing.

Channelizing your frustration, your energies into positive energies will help us achieve our goals. So please decide if you want to move forward and do something about it - State chapters is the best route for contributing towards IV stuff

Old 09-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04-18-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
Default Chandu

I am a member of the Tri-State Chapter. I've been meaning to ask you, could you take a look at this letter and the posters and bring it to the attention of the Tri-State members?

Here it is: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...t=21340&page=5

Could the rest of you'll following this thread bring these materials to the notice of your respective State Chapters?

Thanks all!

Old 09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmohan View Post
GC Status:

Its for EVERYONE - Read my original description

Old 09-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Opening threads and then burying them deep like any other thread does not help us.

Thousands of threads were opened like this and everyday we see new threads.

I strongly recommend
(1) Update your profile with true information
(2) Pledge with honesty
(3) Join a state chapter and make yourself visible and available to IV.

We can go from there

There is no other way to organize 70k or more people where everyone just open threads, discuss and then open new threads and discuss and ..... it goers on

I say this from experience - there are people working day and night for IVs cause - with a lot of dedication - there are free riders and majority of people are sitting on fence - want to do something but not quite sure what/how /why and are lost opening these threads and discussing.

Channelizing your frustration, your energies into positive energies will help us achieve our goals. So please decide if you want to move forward and do something about it - State chapters is the best route for contributing towards IV stuff
Chandu - I understand where you come from with your vast experience here. Like i mentioned i am totally new to this site and i am not JUST opening a thread. WE are going to do it. If making the 70k talk is joining the chapter, so be it. Nothing stops us.

Wouldnt have opened the thread just for the heck of it.

Next step is to collect personal informations, see who are nearby meet them in person, arrange conference calls, let the ball rolling