Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light
Question EAD Renewal Fee

Hi Guys,

I have a question about EAD Renewal Fee. As far as I know if one has paid EAD Fee in the new Fee structure (Post July 30, 2007) then you do not have to pay the renewal fee. However the I-765 instructions mention the following test on Point 5 under Renewal EAD section on page 7 5. (c)(9) or (c)(16) adjustment applicant who filed for adjustment under the fee structure implemented July 30, 2007. Does that mean that EAD renewal fee will not be waved for candidates who have applied Adjustment of status under nee fee structure?
I have applied adjustment of status under old fee structure, However I has applied my EAD few months after, in the new Fee structure. My actual question is that is the EAD fee waved for candidates who have paid original EAD fee in the new fee structure and Adjustment of status in old fee structure?

Friends please only reply if you know the answer. Please do not speculate. It drags the conversation on and on.

Thank you,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harivinder View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a question about EAD Renewal Fee. As far as I know if one has paid EAD Fee in the new Fee structure (Post July 30, 2007) then you do not have to pay the renewal fee. However the I-765 instructions mention the following test on Point 5 under Renewal EAD section on page 7 5. (c)(9) or (c)(16) adjustment applicant who filed for adjustment under the fee structure implemented July 30, 2007. Does that mean that EAD renewal fee will not be waved for candidates who have applied Adjustment of status under nee fee structure?
I have applied adjustment of status under old fee structure, However I has applied my EAD few months after, in the new Fee structure. My actual question is that is the EAD fee waved for candidates who have paid original EAD fee in the new fee structure and Adjustment of status in old fee structure?

Friends please only reply if you know the answer. Please do not speculate. It drags the conversation on and on.

Thank you,

In the new fee structure, I believe that I-485 filing covers the EAD fee and you will not have to pay a separate fee for EAD if you filed your 485 under the new fee structure...Since you filed your 485 under the old fee structure, you might have to pay EAD renewal fee....Thats my opinion....

Old 09-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
jsquare is on a distinguished road
Default Consider new fee structure

If you have filed your 765 in new fee structure, the fee will be waved for renewal. It does not matter on how you filled you 485 ...

This is my guess...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harivinder View Post
Hi Guys,

Thank you,
I-140 Applied in Aug 07(Pending)
I-485 Applied in Aug 07(Pending)
EAD Dec 07(Approved )
AP Mar 08(Approved )
EAD (Renewal) :
Paper based mailed at TSC 8/21/08
Card Production Ordered 10/14/08
H1Renewal 6thYear:
Received at VSC 7/30/08
Approved On 9/15/08 (valid for 2 and 1/2 years)

Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
If you have filed your 765 in new fee structure, the fee will be waved for renewal. It does not matter on how you filled you 485 ...

This is my guess...
When new fee structure was being proposed, it was intended. But nowhere documented. Probably going by written stuff, everytime $340 is required, if I140 fee was paid in old structure.

So unless you see somewhere in USCIS publication, don't assume that fee is waived. If this fee is waived, this is going to be a big news known to most of us.

Last edited by Dhundhun; 09-04-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light
Angry Called USCIS

Guys I called USCIS. Seems like even if you have paid 485 fee in the old fee structure, even if you have paid EAD fee in the new fee structure you still have to pay the EAD renewal fee. She did not seem to know much but she just read the same exact line form the I-765info document. 5. (c)(9) or (c)(16) adjustment applicant who filed for adjustment under the fee structure implemented July 30, 2007.So even though we saved some money with the old 485 fee, now we will have to pay the new 765 fee ($340) every time we renew our EAD. Happy birth day to all.