Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice
Default Online Degrees and EB2

Dear Friends,

I need your advice. Do online degreess such as from Phoenix etc hold value in USCIS's eyes. I have approved I-140 EB3-India which I might interfile for Eb2 and use the old PD in future.

Did anyabody had sucess in I140Eb2 where the masters was from Online University if yes could you please let me knwo the name of the institute.

Regards
Green06

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=72&Itemid=52
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green06 View Post
Dear Friends,

I need your advice. Do online degreess such as from Phoenix etc hold value in USCIS's eyes. I have approved I-140 EB3-India which I might interfile for Eb2 and use the old PD in future.

Did anyabody had sucess in I140Eb2 where the masters was from Online University if yes could you please let me knwo the name of the institute.

Regards
Green06
All online degrees are useless as far as USCIS is concerned. It is a recipie for disaster. Let me know if you get your labor n eb2 approved in EB2 using online degree. You can also try online phd and file on Eb1.

3 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgreensoon1 View Post
All online degrees are useless as far as USCIS is concerned. It is a recipie for disaster. Let me know if you get your labor n eb2 approved in EB2 using online degree. You can also try online phd and file on Eb1.
So as per you, if someone does a online MBA/MS from one of the top 25/50/NN universities ( and some do allow online degrees ), it is useless as far as USCIS is concerned - I think that is a pretty big claim - Do you care to elaborate providing some case studies or links to corroborate what you said.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all

How about getting a degree for some value-add? Something that can advance your career like it's designed to? You're getting an advanced degree for all the wrong reasons. And yes, I'd love to see your labor approved with a Masters from University of Phoenix Online. This is depressing.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute getgreensoon1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiouspride View Post
How about getting a degree for some value-add? Something that can advance your career like it's designed to? You're getting an advanced degree for all the wrong reasons. And yes, I'd love to see your labor approved with a Masters from University of Phoenix Online. This is depressing.
No matter how hard you try and how many people are in the state of denial. Getting greencards in Eb1 so multinational manager category, fradulent eb2 category, and EB3 to EB2 porting is going to be damn difficult due to awareness spread by the affected people and involvement of politicans in this issues.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice

Guys I just wanted to know from this wonderful fourm that if anybody had sucess in eb2 after getting degree online from a purely online university which is typically cheaper and easier to get into. If somebody has any similar experience then please let me know.

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=72&Itemid=52

Old 04-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Huh! Where did you get it ? Completely wrong information.

A degree from ANY accredited school/program is acceptable by USCIS. There is no law that online degrees are not acceptable. FYI , some of the very reputed universities of US, including some state universities, offer online courses (particularly MBA).

Also, the degree is NOT evaluated during Labor , it is evaluated during 140.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No matter how hard you try and how many people are in the state of denial. Getting greencards in Eb1 so multinational manager category, fradulent eb2 category, and EB3 to EB2 porting is going to be damn difficult due to awareness spread by the affected people and involvement of politicans in this issues.
What is "fraudulent" in getting degree from a accredited university? If that is fraudulent, even your degree is fradulent .

Old 04-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishmunn View Post
What is "fraudulent" in getting degree from a accredited university? If that is fraudulent, even your degree is fradulent .
Any degree gotten while on job is not considered by USCIS, especially if the employer pays for it. The logic behind this is that if they hire an american in an EB3 kind of job and then he gets a degree while working, he should be able to fillin the eb2 position. And if you work for a small desi company, things will get further difficult as they have to fill the eb3 position otherwise the initial eb3 application itself is conisdered fraud. The only case that online degree can help is if the employee changes job.Hope this gets through your skull.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

Quote:
Any degree gotten while on job is not considered by USCIS, especially if the employer pays for it. The logic behind this is that if they hire an american in an EB3 kind of job and then he gets a degree while working, he should be able to fillin the eb2 position. And if you work for a small desi company, things will get further difficult as they have to fill the eb3 position otherwise the initial eb3 application itself is conisdered fraud. The only case that online degree can help is if the employee changes job.Hope this gets through your skull.
1) There is no law that a degree gotten while on job or paid by employer will not be considered. I challenge you to cite a law . What law says is "experience" gained with the employer is not counted. Hope I need not explain you that Experience and Education are two different thing though both start with E

2) It is never easy to move from EB3 to EB2 with the same employer. It needs a significantly different role. But that is a tad different than "All online degrees are useless " argument .

3) OP did not mention about changing or not changing job.

4) Your swinging between "online degree are useless" and "degree gotten while on job is not considered by USCIS" just shows that you are clueless on what you are blabbering .

You need to come out of your GC depression/frustration before you speak.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future
Default Online / Acrredited degree is valid

I think it was told before. Please try not to post unreliable information. When I worked in a law office we processed few EB cases with online degrees from Accredited Institutions in the US. USCIS can't reject a degree that is Regionally or Nationally Accredited. If a school has been accredited to issue a degree, the degree is valid and must be treated as a real degree including for immigration purposes.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishmunn View Post
Very well said

Old 04-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by glus View Post
I think it was told before. Please try not to post unreliable information. When I worked in a law office we processed few EB cases with online degrees from Accredited Institutions in the US. USCIS can't reject a degree that is Regionally or Nationally Accredited. If a school has been accredited to issue a degree, the degree is valid and must be treated as a real degree including for immigration purposes.
You must have worked in law firm back in the dotcom days when evern milkmen from villages got their greencards in eb1/2 category. Things have changed a lot buddy. Any qualifications earned during employment cannot be used to qualify for a higher category at the same employer. This was the rule told by a reputed law from not the one that caters to the shady desi bodyshops.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare

hi,
First, I am not your "buddy" and secondly, I was referring to Online Degrees being valid and not to "experience" gained per se. If you can't be nice, try not to write because it will appear by all means that your degree is fraudulent

Old 04-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

Quote:
You must have worked in law firm back in the dotcom days when evern milkmen from villages got their greencards in eb1/2 category. Things have changed a lot buddy. Any qualifications earned during employment cannot be used to qualify for a higher category at the same employer. This was the rule told by a reputed law from not the one that caters to the shady desi bodyshops.
Hmmm ... why don't you share a link to the "reputed" law firm which says "All online degrees are useless " OR "degree earned during employment cannot be used for a higher category at the same employer". We are all eager to get some hither to unknown information from you Sir -- the Ivy League educated Master