Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like singhsa3's assertion is quite true. Based on the comments on the visa bulletin, EB3 is maxed out for the year. EB2 might be next in line esp with slight forward movement (EB2-India, China) in the June bulletin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccovet View Post
For India:
EB2 - Progressed to 1APR04
EB3- Did not change.
EB3 other - No change (1 Jan 03)

ROW- EB2- Current
ROW- EB3- 1 Mar 06
ROW- EB3Others- 1 Jan 03.

For China
EB2 - Progressed to 1APR04
EB3- 22Mar 03.
EB3 other - No change (1 Jan 03)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Compare
kris04 has a spectacular aura about kris04 has a spectacular aura about kris04 has a spectacular aura about

Dear Friends,

June 2008 official bulletin has clarified everything, what Mr. Singhsa3 quoted was partly true but it was for EB3, i.e. it is going to retrogress from July. I guess we can focus our thoughts towards our goal of Backlog reduction etc..

"E. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

Demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices for adjustment of status cases, is expected to bring the Employment Third preference category very close to the annual numerical limit in June. As a result, this category is likely to experience retrogressions or visa unavailability beginning in July. Such action would only be temporary, however, and a complete recovery of the cut-off dates would occur for October, the first month of the new fiscal year.
"

regards

kris

Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

Peace from my side chief...

btw .. was looking at the june 08 bulletin.

it says:

Demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices for adjustment of status cases, is expected to bring the Employment Third preference category very close to the annual numerical limit in June. As a result, this category is likely to experience retrogressions or visa unavailability beginning in July. Such action would only be temporary, however, and a complete recovery of the cut-off dates would occur for October, the first month of the new fiscal year.

-----
Did DOS indicate that this was the case for EB3 or for EB2?

Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3 View Post
Just FYI, I have not given you any reds. I know you have been somewhat active and thats what is more important to me. Enjoy the green dots from me
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let us work towards gathering support for the bills...

What the June visa bulletin has shown us that the "demand for visa's" far exceeds the "supply of visa's". The only way we can have meaningful forward movement of dates is to get more visa's into the system. Let us all work towards gathering support for the bills HR5882 and HR5921

Please contact your lawmakers to support these 2 bills. Recapture can introduce 218K visa's into the system. Come on folks, Join your state chapter and work on the immediate action items.

Last edited by mpadapa; 05-12-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

I am not talking about the veracity of the info posted by the thread opener, but am not clear how that info relates to what the visa bulletin writes about the EB3.

The initial poster talks about EB2 only isn't it ?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

yeah.. the EB2 part mentioned was what got a few of us confused..
I guess singhsa3 can clear this confusion up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMoment View Post
I am not talking about the veracity of the info posted by the thread opener, but am not clear how that info relates to what the visa bulletin writes about the EB3.

The initial poster talks about EB2 only isn't it ?
Approved on 9/9/9
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

I guess this is what the OP wanted to tell.

EB2 India will NOT fly beyond last months of 04 and into 05/06 in the last quarter as many people are expecting it to fly. There is a slim chance for retrogression if they see more demand. None of the EB2/3 categories will not move as they did last year during the last year July VB.

There is a clear & heavy demand from USCIS for visa numbers in all categories and DOS is moving the dates already in such a way to maximize the utilization of visa numbers.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-10-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Compare
gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute
Default please reply

Can somebody help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_kaavaali View Post
Can somebody tell me how do we know whether application has being submitted in EB2 category or EB3 category? Is it mentioned in labor or I-140 documents? I have all my documents.

After 8 years........Finally Green'ed on 9th July 2010.
Thanks IV for your help and support!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/18/2007
Compare
randomdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Check your labor

Quote:
Can somebody help me?
My approved labor mentioned something like 'Mimimum Masters required or equivalent experience' - which means EB2 . I am guessing something like this should be mentioned in your labor app too. Check that

In any case, this is the wrong thread for such queries

Old 05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold
Default naatu gc kaavali

Quote:
Can somebody help me?
Check in the i-140, in the box that says 'Notice Type'

If it says "Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg, or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec.203(b)(2)"
then it should be EB2 (AFAIK)

-
(rendu gclu kaavaali, beram istaava?)

Old 05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Please see Nixtor's reply. He is more closer to the issue than I am..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc View Post
yeah.. the EB2 part mentioned was what got a few of us confused..
I guess singhsa3 can clear this confusion up.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

thanks chief

People,

lets raise some money and make some noise

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19062

Quote:
Please see Nixtor's reply. He is more closer to the issue than I am..
Approved on 9/9/9

Old 05-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/04/2008
Compare
aamchimumbai is infamous around these parts aamchimumbai is infamous around these parts aamchimumbai is infamous around these parts
Default Can I file I-485 now ?

All,

I have a situation and wanted to know your opinion:

Previous Company -
Labor category - EB3 (PD - Jan'04)
I-140 approved (Feb'07)

Switched company to a new employer in Jun'07 (Yeah! just before everything became current)

New Company -
New Labor filed: EB-2 category (Dec'07)
I-140 filed and is pending (Feb'08) (trying to port old PD).

Based on the June'08 visa bulletin can I file my I-485 by using the old priority date of EB-3 labor and old approved I-140....although my current I-140 (EB-2) is still pending.

Gurus what are your thoughts.......

Thanks to all your responses in advance.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts
Default ! Gc_kavalli

ur labor must say that MS required for this position and the relavent pay data must be shown in the labor application..
also you I-140 shoudl say what Eb category it is!!!

also:
a.) You can ask your lawyer
b.) If you ad said MS required, then EB2 is probable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
My approved labor mentioned something like 'Mimimum Masters required or equivalent experience' - which means EB2 . I am guessing something like this should be mentioned in your labor app too. Check that

In any case, this is the wrong thread for such queries

Old 05-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold

This is what has put everyone off really. I hope singhsa realizes that lot of ppl visit this forum and misleading posts do no good really. Already lot of people are disheartened with this whole GC process and his misleading thread topic didn't do much to help either.

I wonder why he picked EB2 in particular? He has amended it to July-Oct which is good but his original post was really misleading and disheartening.

Quote:
For Information Only:
Based on an IV member's discussions with a high ranking official in DOS
There may be no further movements in EB2 India category for the rest of the year (July onwards till Oct).

A retrogression is a possibility.