Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it is not applicable to June Visa bulletin but for the rest of the year till Oct
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3 View Post
Based on an IV member's discussions with a high ranking official in USCIS.
There will be no further movement in EB2 India category for the rest of the year.
A retrogression is a possibility.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are really serious, check with you chapter leader. He needs your help regarding certain bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkamath View Post
If you look at the IV Tracker and painfully count the number of EB2-IN cases, it seems possible that as few as 8000 people might be in line before Oct05 (my PD as an example). Out of all EB2-IN applicants out there, how many do you think have reported on IV / ? My guess was one out of three - i could be wrong.

Just a suggestion - we (IV members) could start contacting our friends / acquaintances and get them to sign up for IV and post their data or at the least we should get their info and add it to the database.

The USCIS / DOS are not transparent enough, but we can forget them and get our own information. I'm pretty sure that such a campaign has been run in the past, maybe we could do it again.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future

Quote:
I believe it is not applicable to June Visa bulletin but for the rest of the year till Oct
Thanks for the information. If possible, could you elaborate on what transpired in the discussion? Did the USCIS give out any numbers regarding how many applications were pending in this category before and after June 04?

$$$ Contributions:
$560 in one time contributions
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

I don't think it was anything in particular . Some members of IV are in regular touch with the officials. By the way , it is DOS and not USCIS, my bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsgc View Post
Thanks for the information. If possible, could you elaborate on what transpired in the discussion? Did the USCIS give out any numbers regarding how many applications were pending in this category before and after June 04?

Old 05-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2007
Compare
wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all
Default Lost 2 Green Dots after posting my reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwisher02 View Post
-----
The message by a senior IV member (with 642 posts) that 'EB2 retrogression is a possibility' is ushering in negative vibes. Message needs to be clearly communicated if an IV member had a conversation with immigration authorities. This 'thread' seems to tie everything into 'knots' as opposed to unravelling the issues via suggestions and proposed action.
---

After posting my reply as above, the original post has been edited by the originator to provide some more info. On the other hand, it looks like my above message has been taken amiss, going by the change in Green dots from 3 to 1.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

The reasons I expressed my unhappiness was the following
You talk about the actions. I have very strong history of such actions. Can the same thing be said about you?. So coming from some one who just talk the talk and cannot walk the walk is not acceptable.
Your chapter leaders are try to execute a very important plan. Do you even know what it is?

So when you start walking the talk then raise finger on me.

And oh! by the way, I did send you the name of the DOS official and our IV liasion in the comment that I left for you.

Quote:
---

After posting my reply as above, the original post has been edited by the originator to provide some more info. On the other hand, it looks like my above message has been taken amiss, going by the change in Green dots from 3 to 1.

Last edited by singhsa3; 05-11-2008 at 10:13 PM.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2007
Compare
wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all
Default Absolutely an Unprofessional Reply

Quote:
The reasons I expressed my unhappiness was the following
You talk about the actions. I have very strong history of such actions. Can the same thing be said about you?. So coming from some one who just talk the talk and cannot walk the walk is not acceptable.
Your chapter leaders are try to execute a very important plan. Do you even know what it is?

So when you start walking the talk then raise finger on me.

And oh! by the way, I did send you the name of the DOS official and our IV liasion in the comment that I left for you.
===
Your response is absolutely unprofessional to say the least. I'd not want to stoop to such a low level to refute what you said word for word. You, being the most action-oriented IV person (going by what you said), do not have the etiquette nor the niceties of dealing with a reply that has gone against your grain!

Good show! And how!

Old 05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

First I don't think it was unprofessional.
Second, tell me your level and I will try to match that
Third, you don't smell or talk like a winner.
Fourth, you are the one who gave me the red first. Now don't deny it because I can see it!

Quote:
===
Your response is absolutely unprofessional to say the least. I'd not want to stoop to such a low level to refute what you said word for word. You, being the most action-oriented IV person (going by what you said), do not have the etiquette nor the niceties of dealing with a reply that has gone against your grain!

Good show! And how!

Old 05-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anybody else from IV who can throw light on this and lend credibility to what Mr. singhsa3 is stating?

Why can't this information be reported professionally with the complete transcript of what DOS said?

Why are there so many cover and blinds and smokes and mirrors over a simple thing like this?
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Of course, and that is a professional and constructive way of asking. Thanks

Please contact Vamsi Poondla , your state chapter lead. There was a IV call that happened yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc View Post
Is there anybody else from IV who can throw light on this and lend credibility to what Mr. singhsa3 is stating?

Why can't this information be reported professionally with the complete transcript of what DOS said?

Why are there so many cover and blinds and smokes and mirrors over a simple thing like this?

Old 05-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday? Wow... i guess DOS works on saturday.

BTW.. you might wanna watch your attitude there, chief.

and JSYk

"There was an IV call..."
as opposed to
"There was a IV call"

Transcripts anyone?

Quote:
Of course, and that is a professional and constructive way of asking. Thanks

Please contact Vamsi Poondla , your state chapter lead. There was a IV call that happened yesterday.
Approved on 9/9/9
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Peace Guys

Please channel all your energies positively. We have lots of work to do and we need volunteers to work on some important issues

The IV call that happened yesterday was between Chapter Leaders. Contact your state chapter leads for more info/ action items and please help them out. We need to really work hard to get relief to all of us

Last edited by santb1975; 05-12-2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Old 05-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of
Default 13 bills pending ..........

05/11/2008: Pending Employment-Based Immigration Bills in Congress Monitor

* Currently there are 13 bills which are pending in the House and the Senate which we reported earlier. Most of these bills are related to extension of the laws that face sunset or H-1B number increase and other nonimmigrant visa relief or employment-based immigrant relief either through recapture of the unused numbers and reform of the immigration categories. Out of these bills, only Religious Worker visa extension bill passed in the House and referred to the Senate for its action, and all other bills remain stuck at the level of Judiciary Committee of House or Senate. We are posting the list of these bills to remind the business community of need for their increased action to push these bills for the earlier mark-ups.

H.R. 5060 5-Year P Visas for Athletes (Sanchez)
H.R. 5569 EB-5 Investor Immigration Regional Center Law Extension (Lofgren)
H.R. 5570 Extension of Religious Worker Law (Lofgren)
H.R. 5571 Conrad 30 NIW Extension for Foreign Doctors (Lofgren)
H.R. 5630 H-1B Increase (Gifford)
H.R. 5642 H-1B Increase Bill (Lamar Smith)
H.R. 5882 EB Visa Number Recapture (Lofgren)
H.R. 5921 Country Limit Elimination (Lofgren)
H.R. 5924
H.R. 5634

Nursing Immigration Relief (Waxler)

Certain Ph.D. Exempt form Numberical Limit (Kennedy)
S. 2653 Action Act (Coleman) including Reinstatement of EB Nonimmigrant Visa Revalidation
S. 2839 Global Competitive Act (Cornyn) including Recapture + H-1B Number Increase
S. 2868 DV Lottery Substitued by EB Immigrants (Gregg)

Old 05-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2007
Compare
Default True, there're GC issues staring at us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by santb1975 View Post
Please channel all your energies positively. We have lots of work to do and we need volunteers to work on some important issues

The IV call that happened yesterday was between Chapter Leaders. Contact your state chapter leads for more info/ action items and please help them out. We need to really work hard to get relief to all of us
----

Agree with you. However, senior member like Singh ought to be professional in his response, accepting constructive criticism for better communication. He should not measure other members' corn by his own bushel. On the contrary, his response smacks of childish and amateurish behaviour. You're absolutely right that we need to exude positive energy. That's exactly what I said in my response to Singh since his message (since edited) was blunt and ushering in negative vibes.
BTW, my reputation has gone down to RED (from 3 green dots to 2 green dots to 1 red in a span of 6 hours). Why? Because my response is not appreciated. So much for candid discussion and appreciation of constructive criticism. Senior members who tout 'achievements' and 'firsts' to their credit ought to play a major role in bringing many new members into their fold and sustaining their motivation.

Last edited by wellwisher02; 05-12-2008 at 07:53 AM.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

wellwisher, i concur with your agruments.
You've got some green.
Approved on 9/9/9