Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #256  
Old 02-19-2008, 05:30 PM
bfadlia bfadlia is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 207
bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
How does Business should be able to hire best and brightest here without any country limits ? mean that Indians/Chinese are better and brighter?. .
are the french going to benefit from removing the country limit, no, off course it's only indian and chinese so they are the best and brightest.. don't go through it like a lawyer trying to find gaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Isn’t it true that that there are more number of Indians/Chinese with H1s and who are waiting for their GCs. Is it just a coincidence that these countries are producing more and more of people with such skills?. .
No sir, it's not a coincidence, the bodyshop doesn't advertise H1 openings worldwide then pick the best, they only do business in one place, no coincidence at all


Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
I admit, for me the tone of this message is wrong. Probably you got him pissed off by targeting people.
what do u mean targeting people, i want to say bodyshops get candidates from one country.. how can i say that without naming the country.. what bad thing did i say about that country or the people..
anyway, if u think i didn't say that part nicely, i appologize, but u really thought that was racist?!! and it was ok for that guy to start that cursing spree?!

Last edited by bfadlia; 02-19-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #257  
Old 02-19-2008, 05:44 PM
NKR NKR is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 577
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan11 View Post
NKR,
what do u mean targeting people, i want to say bodyshops get candidates from one country.. how can i say that without naming the country.. what bad thing did i say about that country or the people..
Consulting companies which you call body shops are not getting candidates from one country, it is candidates who are going to them.

Hassan, if it was implied as you said, then it's bad.

1 We need faster GC's without ROW people getting affected.
2 It is a fact that we are in more numbers, that does not mean that ROW people are in any way less brighter than us.

I think we agree on the above two, I rest my case here...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #258  
Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 PM
bfadlia bfadlia is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 207
bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']India and China have more population than other countries, and hence more skilled people. This doesnít mean people from other countries are not that skilled. But this also doesnít mean that people from India, China should be penalized for their country of origin. [/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Since employment based GC is based on skill of people, limits based on country of origin are absurd and should be removed ASAP.
[/font]
sir.. when the original message was sent, i clearly showed that i understood it to mean indians and chinese are smarter and that this offends me and probably other ROWs .. the very simple response was for the original sender to say, u got me wrong, i didn't mean that.. but he never did.. no one else stepped up and told me i got him wrong.. so no point in trying to find different interpretations now.. will be trying to be more royal than the king!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #259  
Old 02-19-2008, 06:02 PM
NKR NKR is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 577
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfladia View Post
Originally Posted by NKR
How does Business should be able to hire best and brightest here without any country limits ? mean that Indians/Chinese are better and brighter?. .

are the french going to benefit from removing the country limit, no, off course it's only indian and chinese so they are the best and brightest.. don't go through it like a lawyer trying to find gaps...
Thats for the businesses to decide. not you are me.. If they hire a French candidate over an Indian candidate for a particular job, of course that french guy is better for that job. But if there is an Indian in the same team and french guy gets promoted just because an Indian is stuck in this lengthy GC process and cannot take additional responsibilities, do you say that it is the right thing?. All I say is that we need GCs faster without ROW people getting affected.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #260  
Old 02-19-2008, 06:04 PM
bfadlia bfadlia is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 207
bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Consulting companies which you call body shops are not getting candidates from one country, it is candidates who are going to them.

Hassan, if it was implied as you said, then it's bad.

1 We need faster GC's without ROW people getting affected.
2 It is a fact that we are in more numbers, that does not mean that ROW people are in any way less brighter than us.

I think we agree on the above two, I rest my case here...
small consulting companies here wait for candidates to come to them, i agree
but i'm talking about the big ones who grab 10-15k h1s each every year, don't you agree they go hire consultants abroad.. was i confused about that

your two points are sure fine with me.. i rest my case too
hope we close the topic before potty mouth returns
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #261  
Old 02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
bfadlia bfadlia is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 207
bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
Do you even understand what you have written here?
Please rephrase whatever you have said here in plain, simple English. Make short statements if that helps.
1- someone says "remove country cap so companies hire best and brightest"
2- i respond "do u mean: best and brightest come from only 1-2 coutries, i am offended by what u say"
3- guy doesn't reply saying sorry i didn't mean what u misunderstood. He is sticking to his words and fine with the understanding i got. Adds that i must lack marketable skills and probably can't compete with indians and chinese
4- u now show us the original message may be understood in a different light. What difference will that make? It's clearly not the understanding of the one who sent it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #262  
Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
lfwf lfwf is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 29
lfwf is a jewel in the rough lfwf is a jewel in the rough lfwf is a jewel in the rough lfwf is a jewel in the rough
Default hey sickos...

2 days ago I asked each of you a straight question. None of you answerd. You are so busy bickering. one side is desperate with 10 year waits and will say anything in their frustration, however stupid it may be.
The other...is so happy to be 10 years ahead of an EQUAL person who applied at the same time (but born wrong) that he/she will defend it come what may.

don't worry pal, what goes around...comes around. life is funny that way.

I said then you all make me sick, now i'm sicker. coz you won't stop.

I have written directly to the moderators asking that you folks be duly handed temporary bans till you calm down and civilize yourself. like a cool down period. don't worry i don't discriminate...both 'sides'. I have sent examples of the vile hate you both are spewing here, and undermining this fine effort, which belongs to all of us. and I have asked that this thread be closed forewith.

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #263  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:22 PM
bfadlia bfadlia is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 207
bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
Okay now what you say make lot of sense. Your anger is justified if other person is not clarifying his/her statement. I do believe that most people will not accept that personís argument.

However I still believe GC limits per country is wrong and needs to be removed. Hope you support this.
sorry but i don't.. u have ur opinion.. i have mine
no hard feelings
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #264  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:33 PM
bfadlia bfadlia is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 207
bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfwf View Post
2 days ago I asked each of you a straight question. None of you answerd. You are so busy bickering. one side is desperate with 10 year waits and will say anything in their frustration, however stupid it may be.
The other...is so happy to be 10 years ahead of an EQUAL person who applied at the same time (but born wrong) that he/she will defend it come what may.

don't worry pal, what goes around...comes around. life is funny that way.

I said then you all make me sick, now i'm sicker. coz you won't stop.

I have written directly to the moderators asking that you folks be duly handed temporary bans till you calm down and civilize yourself. like a cool down period. don't worry i don't discriminate...both 'sides'. I have sent examples of the vile hate you both are spewing here, and undermining this fine effort, which belongs to all of us. and I have asked that this thread be closed forewith.

forgive me, but a small question.. does ur web browser automatically open into this thread?
no one answered a question u asked so that means our time has run out, we must be axed!!
i second ur motion to ask moderators to do something, advice users to stick to thread subject, avoid using bad language or speaking on behalf of IV without authorization, close threads when they see fit..
but close thread because u got the ultimate correct opinion and we dared to question it and think for ourselves.. u r right we've gone too far
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #265  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 PM
paskal paskal is offline
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,535
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default yours does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfadlia View Post
sorry but i don't.. u have ur opinion.. i have mine
no hard feelings
your browser seems to open straight here.
this needs to stop.

please be warned. either stop this bickering or take the consequences.
this is undermining iv's goals.

iv does not support country quotas. all people should be treated the same. no country has a monopoly on being talented or skilled. and no one deserves to be kept behing in their lives and careers simply because of where they were born either.

we do not want country quotas removed as an isolated step. it would serve very little purpose - maybe it would make a point- but we are not here for that, we want retrogression to end for ALL. therefore our first goal is an increase in the number of available GCs.

i do not know how you justify a person just like you, with the same skills being 10 years behind you in line. all because they were born somewhere else.
to me that's just fundamentally wrong. and remember, once you support something like this, because it benefits you, other things get justified too. maybe the IT community of PG etc will demand diversity and limit IT GCs to 10%. i would be very happy...hey...it's diversity.

this is the final word...we want retrogression to end for ALL, and that is the overarching goal at this point. so stop bickering.

This message is not just for the person i'm quoting. others need to pay attention too.
__________________
Not a lawyer clearly- far from it!
iv-mn-mw: The MN State IV Chapter
iv-physicians:The IV Chapter for Physicians

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Last edited by paskal; 02-19-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #266  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:56 PM
paskal paskal is offline
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,535
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default mbawa

the message was for you as well.
no more name calling.
__________________
Not a lawyer clearly- far from it!
iv-mn-mw: The MN State IV Chapter
iv-physicians:The IV Chapter for Physicians

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #267  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 PM
mbawa2574 mbawa2574 is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 418
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default I am back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan11 View Post
NKR,

I agree with you. Business should hire the best and the brightest. but again, as I said in my original message, if you read this thread from the start, you will understand and see clearly that the original message was implying that the best and the brighest come mainly from 1 country and we (the skilled workers from other countries) can't compete with them that is why we are against removing the caps, which clearly offensive
Hassan11 I am back . I am not implying that Indians and Chinese are the best. It will be foolish to say that, What I want is remove the quotas and let there should be a clean FIFO system and let everyone should have the same chance to apply for H1b or GC. bfladia is trying to pick comments from my article, She/He is a numbersUSA person and has nothing to do with actual IV agenda. I hope you understand that. IV is united and we want a clean skill based immigration system.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #268  
Old 02-19-2008, 09:11 PM
bfadlia bfadlia is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 207
bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
your browser seems to open straight here.
this needs to stop.

please be warned. either stop this bickering or take the consequences.
this is undermining iv's goals.

iv does not support country quotas. all people should be treated the same. no country has a monopoly on being talented or skilled. and no one deserves to be kept behing in their lives and careers simply because of where they were born either.

we do not want country quotas removed as an isolated step. it would serve very little purpose - maybe it would make a point- but we are not here for that, we want retrogression to end for ALL. therefore our first goal is an increase in the number of available GCs.

i do not know how you justify a person just like you, with the same skills being 10 years behind you in line. all because they were born somewhere else.
to me that's just fundamentally wrong. and remember, once you support something like this, because it benefits you, other things get justified too. maybe the IT community of PG etc will demand diversity and limit IT GCs to 10%. i would be very happy...hey...it's diversity.

this is the final word...we want retrogression to end for ALL, and that is the overarching goal at this point. so stop bickering.

This message is not just for the person i'm quoting. others need to pay attention too.
plz just close the topic..
when i say i don't agree to removing the quote for whatever reason, did i claim that this is IV's opinion? do you assume all IV members have the same opinion on all issues? or do they want them to pretend to have the same opinion on everything? why have discussion forum then? just publish the approved opinion and that's it
i'm done here.. won't send again on this thread even if it doesn't close
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #269  
Old 02-19-2008, 09:16 PM
paskal paskal is offline
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,535
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfadlia View Post
plz just close the topic..
when i say i don't agree to removing the quote for whatever reason, did i claim that this is IV's opinion? do you assume all IV members have the same opinion on all issues? or do they want them to pretend to have the same opinion on everything? why have discussion forum then? just publish the approved opinion and that's it
i'm done here.. won't send again on this thread even if it doesn't close
no everyone need not have the same opinion. however this bickering is a problem. civilized discussions that lead us somewhere are always welcome. the tone and tenor of this one, is however not acceptable. i think you will agree with that.
__________________
Not a lawyer clearly- far from it!
iv-mn-mw: The MN State IV Chapter
iv-physicians:The IV Chapter for Physicians

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Last edited by paskal; 02-19-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #270  
Old 05-15-2008, 08:48 AM
JunRN JunRN is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 651
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunRN View Post
We are all expecting that the VB will go back to June 2007 figure...it looks like that RoW has been so fast in getting the latest PD back which could come in a very few months time.

I was not expecting this to come too soon but in June 2008.
It seems that this is happening.
__________________
_________

I am not a lawyer....all my comments are my own beliefs, please respect it. I do respect yours!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EB2 March 05 no GC yet soumya_bhatta Immigrant Visa 12 09-28-2010 09:19 PM
Immigration reform March! on Sunday, March 21 in Washington, D.C vdlrao Action Items for everyone 0 03-12-2010 01:38 AM
Lets March Again in DC. WILL YOU DO IT? needhelp! IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 5 11-24-2008 04:52 PM
BEC Update as of March willgetgc2005 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 0 04-13-2007 07:33 PM
March 2007 VB out eb3_nepa Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 4 02-13-2007 06:27 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 (Unregistered)
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org