Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 08-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of
Default Lobby with indian Caucus

India sponsors the indian cacus..of which many prominent senators.look after indian intrests...I think its good to talk to this group of senators.....

Last edited by pappu; 08-29-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ash0210 will become famous soon enough
Default Why are you after Indians?

Why are you after Indians? You can find cacus from any ROW, why you go for Indian cacus?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go_gc_way is on a distinguished road
Default Agreed in principle..

I agree in priciple .. Others in row may also be tried, but as India is retrogressed most, It is an idea that can be pursued.

I am not ignoring others .. my assumption India is most affected.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0210
Why are you after Indians? You can find cacus from any ROW, why you go for Indian cacus?

With all due respect to your question. India right now has the worst problem. All retrogression is bad, but severe irretractible retrogression is horrible.
Most of us can live with 3-4 yr processing times for a green card, it is the 7-10 yrs of uncertainty and paralysis that messes up lives.

Right now, just look at EB2. India is unavailable and most of the ROW is current. India retrogression victims have the biggest headache right now.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future
Default Pain point should drive priorities

We do not live in an egalitarian society. Cannot hope to swallow the ocean at once, and resolve all problems. Let us look at where the major bottlenecks are and whom they impact the most.

Clearly, immigration for Indian and Chinese are the most unfavorable at present. Hence, if people decide to pursue respective caucuses to highlight the unique interests of these sub-groups, it is not a bad idea.

it will bring focus, and the opportunity for some decisive outcomes. Otherwise, we would be quite Quixotic in our attempts to tilt at windmills... and hope for miraculous results each time.

Obviously, positive, but pragmatic...
________
Live sex

Old 08-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future
Default IAFPE - Indian American Forum for Political Education

www.iafpe.org is a great starting point to explore how Indian interests can be addressed.

Again, my goal is not 'to divide this forum on national lines'. Reality is that each country has a different pain point and will require different amelioration or mitigation relief. Consider for instance, Australia has an entirely separate visa category called E3. It was done to address unique interests that pertain to that country.

I have been a 'silent reader' on this Forum for the last month or so. Frankly, 90% of the stuff written is a combination of rants and 'brand new solution design ideas'.

We need more focus. More data driven focus and less emotional outbursts. It would be best for us to present the problem statement and request the respective lawmakers to help out. We should resist the temptation to 'suggest solution designs' for the current problems because that in fact would weaken us in the their eyes as 'someone trying to do their job'.

Number one goal should be to INFORM. Inform them with raw data, using emotion as a vehicle to express true feelings. We cannot use emotion as the body of logic per se.

Obviously
________
condo Pattaya sale

Last edited by obviously; 08-28-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go_gc_way is on a distinguished road
Default In the same context ..

In the same context , how true is it that a 25% hike is being given to India in H1 category?

Indian News papers are widely publishing there is a separate hike of 25% to India?

If that is true, the least that can be asked is to request to re-capture the lost quota in previous years and allocate them to countries like India.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of

Visa quota for India? USA has only specific quotas allocated for H1B visas for Singapore and Chile citizens. Rest all is for grabs, first come first serve. There is absolutely no ground or move for having a quota established for specific countries.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute
Default i think it's just a guess statement

I believe that the news came up recently in one of the newspapers is not true(unfortunately doesn't reflect the actual provisions made by law).
I have personally sent more than 10 emails to the editor to verify the authenticity of the news. Certainly it has to based on a law that's passed by both houses in USA and signed by president.

For sure, it's led to confusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_gc_way
In the same context , how true is it that a 25% hike is being given to India in H1 category?

Indian News papers are widely publishing there is a separate hike of 25% to India?

If that is true, the least that can be asked is to request to re-capture the lost quota in previous years and allocate them to countries like India.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
$eeGrEeN is a jewel in the rough $eeGrEeN is a jewel in the rough $eeGrEeN is a jewel in the rough
Default it's 'Caucus'

don't wanna look like a purist here, but the word is 'Caucus'

'Cacus' is a fire breathing monster ....