Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aravindan_kv is on a distinguished road
Default Issue with vendor

All ,
I am working for company "x" and having middle vendor "y"
and middle vendor has got me job and , working in the client location "z" of the middle vendor

I have signed non-compete agreement with middle vendor , that i should not join with client "z" (introduce by middle vendor) for 2 years after my termination.

The vendor "y" is not willing to work with my client "z"
and vendor "y" is saying to me i should not work with "z" because i have signed non-compete agreement.

Is it legal for my vendor "y" to say that i should not work with "z"
if they don't want to do business with "z"

I don;t know how to overcome this isssue.please guide me
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on your state of residence this may not be enforceable on the part of vendor "y" as this is restricting flow of labor. Find out what the labor law says about such situation in your state.
Also since vendor "y" is not your employer such a restriciton may not apply anywhere!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Most of the times all they want it that you introduce them as a sub vendor and pay them $2-5/hr. So the new relation ship will be

Z -> New Vendor -> Y -> X -> You

Old 02-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
Most of the times all they want it that you introduce them as a sub vendor and pay them $2-5/hr. So the new relation ship will be

Z -> New Vendor -> Y -> X -> You
On the other note, these kinds of multiple layers are illegal and subcontracting is not allowed as per H1 rules.

Refer the following thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12185