Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

View Poll Results: Did you send this email to your attorney?
Yes, the idea is great 36 70.59%
No, I hate this idea 5 9.80%
No, But I will think about it 7 13.73%
I am afraid I might get into trouble by sending this letter 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dr J is on a distinguished road
Default I like it

Great initiative - Xlnt letter! I will send to lawyer tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthsidhu View Post
I have scribbled a letter to be sent to your attorney's requesting their help for the cause of IV. I consider this as the easiest of tasks you can ever do as this will not cost you anything, just a few seconds of your valuable time. You can even write this letter as anonymous to your attorney, if you are still afraid to come out of the darkness you have created around yourself. Moderators please keep this post at the top as we need greater participation from all the law firms who have a great relationship with all legal immigrants.

Dear ________,

I have been a client of your law firm availing your services for my immigration needs. I appreciate your law firms hard work in helping the immigrant community for the past several years and would hope that you will continue to keep all the good work in the coming years.

Since we all know that your law firm is a great supporter of legal immigration, I would sincerely request you to take one more step for the cause of the legal immigrants by donating generously to www.immigrationvoice.org . Immigrationvoice is a non profit grass root organization working deligently on behalf of all legal immigrants to end the retrogression and the other problems faced by them. They have successfully campaigned earlier to reverse the USCIS gaffe, and have been working closely with lobbyists and senators to provide relief to all the legal immigrants. They are organizing a huge rally in DC on september 18 to bring to the attention of capitol hill, the problems faced by legal immigrants.

Your donation will go long way in creating a good will towards all your clients seeking immigration benefits. It also stands as a testimonial about your dedication to the cause of immigrants and to prove that your motive is not just to make money from your clients but that you genuinely believe in their success. I urge you again to visit immigrationvoice.org and donate generously asap, and if you have any questions please send me an email or contact immigrationvoice.org directly.

Thanks for your co-operation in this regards,

Sincerely,
Your Client
xxxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dr J is on a distinguished road
Default Is IV accepting checks?

I sent a check to IV 3-4 weeks ago, to the NJ address, but the check never got cashed - I am not sure who is responsible for this function - moderators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthsidhu View Post
Dear IV'ians,

Most of us have to go through a immigration attorney to file for our green card, and even though we had several people complaining about bad immigration attorney's, we still have majority of these attorney's who had a positive relationship with their clients in helping them achieve the green card dream.

No one can deny the fact that all the immigration attorney's survive on the immigrant community for their business or livelihood. Today IV needs their help yet again, the only difference being that they won't get paid for this. We urge every law firm/ attorney who visits IV to generously donate to the cause of IV. Consider helping IV as a small token of appreciation for the business the immigrants have been providing them for many years. I urge them again to donate ASAP so that the money can be used for the DC rally if needed.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

I sent to atleaast 4 Attorneys I deal/dealt with. This includes Kapoorlaw, USABAL, Law Offices of Reddy, NYC and Stephen Perlitsh, NYC.

I used sertasheep's template and added Carl Shusterman also as our supporter

Quote:
Dear Respected Attorneys,

You might remember me as a client or a former client of your law firm availing your services for my immigration needs. I appreciate your law firm's hard work in helping the immigrant community for the past several years and would hope that you will continue to keep all the good work in the coming years.

Since we all know that your law firm is a great supporter of legal immigration, I would sincerely request you to take one more step for the cause of the legal immigrants by acknowledging the efforts of www.immigrationvoice.org . Immigrationvoice is a non-profit grass root organization working diligently on behalf of all legal immigrants to end the retrogression and the other problems faced by them.

The organization was started in Dec 2005 by highly-skilled immigrants, and since then, the organization has grown to over 20,000 members, from various cross-sections of professions- healthcare, information technology, finance and academia. The organization has also raised over 150,000 USD in the past to advocate immigration reform for employment-based immigration, such as reduction in administrative processing backlogs as well as the recent July 2nd Visa Bulletin faux pas between the Dept. of State and USCIS. During this time, several hundreds of skilled professionals sent in flowers to the USCIS in peaceful protest, to reverse the July 2nd Visa Bulletin gaffe.

Our Efforts
- Immigration Voice works closely with policy makers and influencers, lobbyists and senators as well as immigration practitioners to provide relief to all the legal immigrants including efforts to remove the country-based limits on EB green cards, ability to apply for 485 even when visa numbers are not available (so that applicants can benefit from EAD and AP), removing the dependent numbers from the green card quota, etc.,.
- Other programs include free immigration advice attorney conference calls wherein lawyers such as Sonal Mehta and and Susan Henner have been featured.
- Additionally, Immigration Voice works with lawyers such as Greg Siskind (www.ilw.com) to review and strive for healthcare related reform.
- Several renown attorneys have acknowledged the efforts of Immigration Voice. These include Carl Shusterman, Matthew Oh, Rajiv Khanna, Greg Siskind and Sheela Murthy. Ms. Murthy's firm has donated USD 5000 towards the efforts of Immigration Voice.

What is in the works?
- Immigration Voice is conducting a huge rally in DC on september 18 to bring to the attention of capitol hill, the problems faced by legal immigrants.

How Can You Help?
- Acknowledge the efforts of the organization via a mention on your website with a link to www.immigrationvoice.org. You could possibly have a small article stating that skilled professionals are participating in a Rally in Washington DC on Sept 18, 2007 to highlight Congressional inaction against reduction of processing backlogs and to request much needed reform for highly-skilled(employment-based) legal immigration.

- Donate to the cause. Your donation will go long way in creating a good will towards all your clients seeking immigration benefits. It also stands as a testimonial about your dedication to the cause of immigrants and to prove that your motive is not just to make money from your clients but that you genuinely believe in their success.

I urge you again to visit immigrationvoice.org and donate generously asap, and if you have any questions please send me an email or contact info@immigrationvoice.org directly.

Thanks for your co-operation in this regard,

Sincerely,

Old 09-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
arthsidhu is on a distinguished road
Default Infringement of Copyrights

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertasheep View Post
Here's a modified version that includes lawyer names such as Matthew Oh, Murthy, Siskind and others, which should encourage your attorneys to raise to the occasion.

Dear ___________

You might remember me as a client of your law firm availing your services for my immigration needs. I appreciate your law firm's hard work in helping the immigrant community for the past several years and would hope that you will continue to keep all the good work in the coming years.

Since we all know that your law firm is a great supporter of legal immigration, I would sincerely request you to take one more step for the cause of the legal immigrants by acknowledging the efforts of www.immigrationvoice.org . Immigrationvoice is a non-profit grass root organization working deligently on behalf of all legal immigrants to end the retrogression and the other problems faced by them.

The organization was started in Dec 2005 by highly-skilled immigrants, and since then, the organization has grown to over 20,000 members, from various cross-sections of professions- healthcare, information technology, finance and academia. The organization has also raised over 150,000 USD in the past to advocate immigration reform for employment-based immigration, such as reduction in administrative processing backlogs as well as the recent July 2nd Visa Bulletin faux pas between the Dept. of State and USCIS. During this time, several hundreds of skilled professionals sent in flowers to the USCIS in peaceful protest, to reverse the July 2nd Visa Bulletin gaffe.

Our Efforts
- Immigration Voice works closely with policy makers and influencers, lobbyists and senators as well as immigration practitioners to provide relief to all the legal immigrants including efforts to remove the country-based limits on EB green cards, ability to apply for 485 even when visa numbers are not available (so that applicants can benefit from EAD and AP), removing the dependent numbers from the green card quota, etc.,.
- Other programs include free immigration advice attorney conference calls wherein lawyers such as Sonal Mehta and and Susan Henner have been featured.
- Additionally, Immigration Voice works with lawyers such as Greg Siskind (www.ilw.com) to review and strive for healthcare related reform.
- Several renown attorneys have acknowledged the efforts of Immigration Voice. These include Matthew Oh and Sheela Murthy. Ms. Murthy's firm has donated USD 5000 towards the efforts of Immigration Voice.

What is in the works?
- Immigration Voice is conducting a huge rally in DC on september 18 to bring to the attention of capitol hill, the problems faced by legal immigrants.

How Can You Help?
- Acknowledge the efforts of the organization via a mention on your website with a link to www.immigrationvoice.org. You could possibly have a small article stating that skilled professionals are participating in a Rally in Washington DC on Sept 18, 2007 to highlight Congressional inaction against reduction of processing backlogs and to request much needed reform for highly-skilled(employment-based) legal immigration.

- Donate to the cause. Your donation will go long way in creating a good will towards all your clients seeking immigration benefits. It also stands as a testimonial about your dedication to the cause of immigrants and to prove that your motive is not just to make money from your clients but that you genuinely believe in their success.

I urge you again to visit immigrationvoice.org and donate generously asap, and if you have any questions please send me an email or contact info@immigrationvoice.org directly.

Sincerely,

Even though I discourage others copying material from my original work , I appreciate sertaships initiative to add content to my letter to emphasize the immigrationvoice.org's efforts. As I mentioned earlier this won't cost penny to any one of you, all you are doing is sending an email to your attorney requesting their support and donation for your cause. If you are a big P**** as some of them have shown in the poll, you can always email using an anonymous email adress.

Thanks for your support for your own cause.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default If you can't send an email to your attorney, attend the rally

If you think the idea of sending an email to attorney requesting support for IV is bad, you are welcome to join the efforts of IV by joining the DC rally and donating generously to IV.

IV needs your help to help you. If you are weiner, who says no to every good idea then only ***** can help you.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

My current Attorney has acknowledged my email and asked me to contact her on phone Hope she helps generously

Old 09-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of
Default Still waiting acknowledgement from my attorney..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
My current Attorney has acknowledged my email and asked me to contact her on phone Hope she helps generously
Hope they respond soon...

Old 09-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
Springflower is just really nice Springflower is just really nice Springflower is just really nice Springflower is just really nice
Smile Another thought

We will ask our Attorneys to donate to IV cause by sending them the drafted email.

But I tnink (and it's only my thought),

it's a good idea to send emails to attorneys (by collecting their email addresses from IV members) directly from IV also.

They will receive two email requesting donation for IV cause. They will be more considerate.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Contributed $50. Signed up for $50/month recurring contribution.

PD: March 2004 (EB3 - India)
Labor approved: Jan 2006
I-140 approved: Feb 2006 (NSC)
I-485/EAD/AP applied: July 6th, 2007 (NSC)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Old 09-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of
Default If you can't send by yourself then atleast forward below changed content

Dear Attorney,

One of our Immigration Voice Member is a client of yours. I appreciate your law firm's hard work in helping our Member and the immigrant community for the past several years and would hope that you will continue to keep all the good work in the coming years.

Since we all know that your law firm is a great supporter of legal immigration, I would sincerely request you to take one more step for the cause of the legal immigrants by acknowledging the efforts of www.immigrationvoice.org . Immigrationvoice is a non-profit grass root organization working deligently on behalf of all legal immigrants to end the retrogression and the other problems faced by them.

Immigration Voice Efforts
- Several renown attorneys have acknowledged the efforts of Immigration Voice. These include Matthew Oh and Sheela Murthy. Ms. Murthy's firm has donated USD 5000 towards the efforts of Immigration Voice.

What is in the works?

How Can You Help?

Please visit immigrationvoice.org and donate generously asap, and if you have any questions please send an email or contact info@immigrationvoice.org directly.

Sincerely,
Immigration Voice Team

Old 09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of
Default sent to my attorneys

Sent to 2 attorneys. will send to more whom I know later.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
mybid2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Amazing...

Amazing Idea. Sent to my attorney.
I485/EAD/AP : Reached NSC on 7/2/2007 @ 8:26AM; Signed by C UHRMACHER
RD : 07/02/2007 from CSC.
ND : 08/29/2007 from CSC.
Transferred to NSC from CSC on 8/28.
EAD : Received on 9/6.
AP : Appoved on 9/11. Document mailed 9/13.
FP Notice : Not received Yet.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Message to those who hate my idea

I had some people who hated my idea of asking the attorneys for donation. Well my reasoning was that, immigration attorneys have benefitted most from our community a.k.a legal immigrants. Everyone of us have to go through them and shell out thousands of dollars. We have made most of these attorneys millionaires but very few of us actually reaped the actual benefits of GC. Most of us have been wating for years for the GC having struck in the retrogression, some of our fellow immigrants even left the country.

So these so called immigration attorneys have a responsibility to give back something to the community which has given everything to them. They should support our cause with complete generosity. Our success will lead to more business for them and ofcourse more money to these lawyers.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Contacted

Contacted and waiting for their reply

Old 09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Murthy Contributed?

If she did, its a bolt out of the blue. But then I should'nt be too suprised, probably she has seen on posts here how many people despise her firm and she wants to earn IV's goodwill and not lose any more clients. Damn, I cannot say anything negative about her now. Got to contribute my next instalment to IV now.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
: