Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

View Poll Results: Did you buy your tickets?
Yes 7 18.42%
No 2 5.26%
Want someone to help me with a % of cost 4 10.53%
I am not coming 25 65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of
Default Moderators

Is there any way we can get the contact information for the 12 texans that voted 'no'? I'd like to follow up with them to find out why. Maybe we can help them to make it to the rally...

-Organize and participate in lawmaker meetings.
-Publicize IV to friends, media and corporates.
-Active member of the local state chapter.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmom View Post
Is there any way we can get the contact information for the 12 texans that voted 'no'? I'd like to follow up with them to find out why. Maybe we can help them to make it to the rally...
I do not know whether my name is there in your list of 12 persons or not. But I will not be able to attend the Rally at DC though I want it as recently I got the project and I will be busy whole september with heavy work load. I have been given a very tight schedule recently. You can have my contact number from PM. I already discussed this with DallasBlue and Niloufer during our Anand Bazar, Dallas meet.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of
Default Are you on the TX IV yahoo group?

If yes, could you please update the database with your IV handle so we can identify you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
I do not know whether my name is there in your list of 12 persons or not. But I will not be able to attend the Rally at DC though I want it as recently I got the project and I will be busy whole september with heavy work load. I have been given a very tight schedule recently. You can have my contact number from PM. I already discussed this with DallasBlue and Niloufer during our Anand Bazar, Dallas meet.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all
Default Texas all in

Texasmom

Kudos for your efforts. We need more people like you.

Tell me what is houston publicity plan...i am from austin
and would like to do this in Austin. If cant do this in austin, i will
come to Houston.

I am thinking, sulekha.com, indian stores, barsanadham.

Also what is the deal with yahoo email group, may be i am mistaken
but why do we have so many venues?

I will check messages on yahoo group and call you if have a contact number or you can call me any time.

regards

** Contributed $200 & Pledged for $100 every month **
- 485 receipt received : Sept 17th
-EAD - Card production ordered - Sept 24th
-485: NSC - Mailed july 25th. Received jul 26
-140: TSC - Approved Jul/aug 07
-Labor: TSC - June 06

Old 08-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default What's up with the texans???

Every time I read this thread , I see one more person has voted not to come.

I am not trying to blow my horn here, but let me tell you what my situation is- I have 2 kids, one is 2 yrs and the other is 5 mos old. My husband travels constantly and is never home. He is now in Canada for a month. I work full time as a Sr. Product Manager - a v.demanding role. And I am still trying to make some time towards this cause - not for charity, but for helping myself.

I would like to know what it is that is stopping you from attending the rally? You ought to have a really compelling reason to not come, and I'd like to know what it is!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If yes, could you please update the database with your IV handle so we can identify you.
Yes, I am on yahoo group.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Texans, at least give your reasons. IF you look at the California thread, there are so many members coming. Whats the matter with Texas.
We need more of us.
Sen. Cornyn from TX is supporting these issues. We need to be there and show our support and make our presence felt.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

texanmom, The poll was not created so that voters may be visible, so i don't think that its possible to track down the info. I may be wrong.

But atleast we know that we have 12 texas members on IV who care enough to cast vote. With the TX response, I think this in itself is a big achievement for our state. Disheartening..

Quote:

Got GC in Sept 2011

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default paging for dfwhunt

DFWHUNT
Check your PM
Folks are looking for you on this thread

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 08-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Send your other half to do the work then! Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 08-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Disheartening..I agree

And I am also shocked at how informed everyone is. I spoke to a friend in Houston today to ask them to help me out with the publicity, and he says - 'Why are you worried? You will get your EAD soon, and you dont have any problems.'!!!! Just absolutely shocking!!!

We are definitely legal..but I wonder what rights we have to call ourselves skilled !! Shouldn't we be a more proactive, well-informed group?

Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Set yourself free..

This is exactly the response I get from my friends.
There is a vast majority of this population that thinks that the problem does not exist, and then another majority that thinks nothing can be done to remedy it.

Even after IV has given concrete results in July, I don't know what these people want to get convinced that something positive CAN happen when people unite together for a cause.

On top of that, there are arrangements being made for people who need financial assistance, so then whats the issue? Whats holding you back??

Quote:
And I am also shocked at how informed everyone is. I spoke to a friend in Houston today to ask them to help me out with the publicity, and he says - 'Why are you worried? You will get your EAD soon, and you dont have any problems.'!!!! Just absolutely shocking!!!

We are definitely legal..but I wonder what rights we have to call ourselves skilled !! Shouldn't we be a more proactive, well-informed group?

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Thank you

To the member who voted yes.
We need more..

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future
Default /\/\

Keep the traffic going!

sw33t

JOIN THE TEXAS STATE CHAPTER
---------------------------------
VERIFIED MEMBERS LIST - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default For the 2 that voted that they need help

Please vote on this thread-
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...hlight=partner

abhijitp or arunantonio are waiting to help you out. We need those votes to be changed to a 'yes'!