Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
bijualex29 is on a distinguished road
Default 90% of member in this form are free rider

I will not be able to attend the rally, too many personal stuff going on.
Mowing, cleaning the house etc. 90% of the members in this form are like me. Free rider.
I know lots of people in my community who enjoy reading the forum, but no contribution in any way.
Although I contributed 100$ to this IV, but it is a drop of water in an ocean.

I will be donating the airfare cost to IV, so that some one else can fight for me.
I appreciate all the effort by the 10% of the members in this forum, who make the difference.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijualex29 View Post
Mowing, cleaning the house etc. 90% of the members in this form are like me. Free rider.
I know lots of people in my community who enjoy reading the forum, but no contribution in any way.

I will be donating the airfare cost to IV, so that some one else can fight for me.
I appreciate all the effort by the 10% of the members in this forum, who make the difference.
Yes - true. Everyone WANTS, no one GIVES. Everyone wants things to happen but don't care about doing their part.

People talk about color of reciept, about typos, about differences between DHL and Fedex (if people really have issues with DHL or Fedex,they must hand deliver the stuff to USCIS)

I have also noticed the same attitude in other forums, people want your opinion about how to break the law, people want loopholes, want to pay to get GC through sub labor etc... but no one wants to DO SOMETHING

Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute

IV doesn't show any difference between paying members and non-paying members.I don't want personalize but I saw some instances where non-paying members got good advices from other members but paying members failed to get advice.Nothing personal!!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_lover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by javadeveloper View Post
IV doesn't show any difference between paying members and non-paying members.I don't want personalize but I saw some instances where non-paying members got good advices from other members but paying members failed to get advice.Nothing personal!!
I think that will depend on kind of advice someone is looking for, right?
If your case is complicated and you need good legal advice then you should contact an attorney right, it does not matter if you are paid member or not.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
gemini23 is on a distinguished road
Default hi

gramatically speaking , " 90% of member in this form are free rider" should be " 90% of members in this forum are free riders ".

Old 08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

come on..bijualex29, mowing, cleaning the house on sept 13th, cant you do that on sep 11th or 12th, on weekdays? how about weekend? instead of paying airfare cost to IV member, why dont you pay for yourself and come to rally.....we need people like you, think about it, there is still some time left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijualex29 View Post

Old 08-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

People want to wait and do nothing untill Ron Hira, Tancredo, Loo Doggs, Roy Beck, Durbin etc... all these people catch you by the collar and drag you and kick you out of the country.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2k View Post
All of those who want it free & feel its free, think

Think, have you heard "There ainít no such thing as a free lunch."

When you are reading and commenting here, "what is free"?
You are spending time which is not free, if you think its free, God Bless You.... It can be used to contribute. So why wait, Act Now.

Its amazing, highly educated people also believe about free.

I wonder if people have stopped thinking !

In this country for Freedom people paid and R paying high price which masses don't understand and remain masses.
Leaders (in any field) take the the initiative and act.

Think again. Do you want your children, families, friends to know you as what ??? , the one who did something in life.

As a human being, we all owe to this life "Let us not leave the world as it it but make it better than how you got it, contribute NOW." "Let's Do Something, Each Of US, To Make This World A Better Place. ... because it is up to US All, the new generation, to make things better.

Thank You and appreciate everyones efforts understand the cause, concerns.

The issue IS WITH HIGHLY EDUCATED people. Highly educated think these things are lowly acts. HIGHLY EDUCATED ONLY WANT never GIVE.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb contributions- to be or not to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by javadeveloper View Post
true, the forum is open to all and members will offer help to everyone. that however does not take away from the fact that the success of iv in attaining our common goals is absolutely dependent upon each member being active and contributing- with time, effort, money or all. this is a grassroots organization, of "high skilled workers". what does it take to appreciate that such an organization is fuelled by it's members? in fact frankly, there is no iv but us. we are iv. these are our goals. and these goals are critical to us, just look at the fervor when it comes to uscis receipts to understand just how much so. so why not stand up to be counted?

please volunteer for the rally- whether or not you are comng. preferrably, come to DC and meet others like you who are ready to walk the talk (literally!). join your state chapters. contribute. get friends to join. meet your lawmakers. every bit counts.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

I think with SanJose rally success, Thinking changed significantly. I heard from some people they will join DC rally who i never thot will give a damn with their past perspective.

One step at a time, But they are getting there....
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc

Old 08-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

All this will change soon.
IV needs committed members and members who contribute generously. Without that this organization cannot exist. We are not here to discuss with everyone, if they got their receipt notices but work on more important advocacy efforts that require lot of capital and lot of committed people who can devote their time to it. Only then we can go beyond receipt notices and get a law or regulation done.
We will be giving access to important information while it is being worked on to some selected members who are contributing and hard working. This will serve as a motivation to others. Free riders will get free information later on the site anyways when we announce it, but committed members will get information and current core activities due the 'infopass' we will give them.
Today you would have all noticed some changes to our website. We are already working on it.
This may take some time, but as soon as it happens we will announce it.

Last edited by pappu; 08-07-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light
Default One penny advise.

I am not a big contributor, just contributed $100 till now. I have a small suggestion to reduce the minimum monthly payment to like $20 or $25. The reason I say this is that it will be easy to convince 3 people to contribute $20 or $25 than one person for $50.
People are not comfortable spending big sum of money at one time ($50 is not much but still). My experience if people are hesitant spending big amount at one time, but if you break it into small installments they are more than happy to spend the same amount and as a matter of fact in some cases more amount in installments.
I am just talking about volume business. If the monthly contribution is small, more people will sign up.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default been tried

there was originally a $20 a moth contribution
the response overall was very poor and the core team decided against continuing it after considering the whole situation.
each time a contribution is made paypal or others take a chunk from it.
for those who absolutely cannot do 50/mnth (one meal out for a family?) my suggestion is to do 50 every alternate mnth as one time contributions. not ideal but it works....

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jgh_res will become famous soon enough

You can use u'r bank's bill pay to contribute to IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
there was originally a $20 a moth contribution
the response overall was very poor and the core team decided against continuing it after considering the whole situation.
each time a contribution is made paypal or others take a chunk from it.
for those who absolutely cannot do 50/mnth (one meal out for a family?) my suggestion is to do 50 every alternate mnth as one time contributions. not ideal but it works....

Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default sure you can

and some do too....
the nice thing about the recurrent contribution system in place is that it does allow for budgeting, since availability of funds is clearer. maybe if you do the same thing via your bank, drop a line to pappu or logiclife letting them know you are a recurrent contributor!