Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Over is over - lets moved ahead

The Washington DC Rally is over. It was phenomenal, fun, sent strong signals - lot of things are happening and it is a eye opener to a lot of people, excellent publicuty and wonderful support.

Around 2000+ attended the rally.

The rest also did a great job by helping from the behind.

It is essential that the momentum must go on. People are getting reciept notices and seem to be happy about it - congrats to you all.

Lets not forget that IV has a huge task ahead and all your cooperation is needed.

If you have not done anything till now, this is the chance. Please come forward. You can come up with ideas, donations, support, spreading the message, meet law makers, meet and greet socials, conferences.

Lets keep the momentum going. IV is full of wonderful people and everyone can play an excellent role

Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
ultimate_champ will become famous soon enough ultimate_champ will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Jamies thread...

I believe Jamie's thread "Sense of urgency..." also is trying to address the same issue.

But we need a clear direction about what should be done...

There are quite a few ideas in that thread but IV needs to decide the course of the action and we all will be there.....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_champ View Post
I believe Jamie's thread "Sense of urgency..." also is trying to address the same issue.

But we need a clear direction about what should be done...

There are quite a few ideas in that thread but IV needs to decide the course of the action and we all will be there.....
For now -
we can stabilize state chapters. Start building these chapters - get to know each other and delegate small easy action items.
Educate people - this is most important.
A lot of people do not want to talk about this or avoid this, but in reality, they cannnot afford to be that way anymore.
Do not lose morale because others are silent - keep working and they will slowly realise.
IV in general collects ideas from the discussion forums only and thats how IV has evolved so keep the intelligent and constructive discussion going.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Some Ideas

1) I suggested IV distribute "Bumper Stickers" on the "Drain Stopper" thread. Bumper stickers are a powerful political tool here (as we know). It's also a form of free, unpaid, long term advertising for IV, and can take the message to more people [ whenever they see those stickers]

2) Current IV logo (man caught in a bubble?) isn't that memorable and hardly catches attention to our "issue" at the first glance. IV needs something more powerful that speaks for itself. Something like, a person in graduation attire [ emphasis skill], with words "LEGAL" on his dress, chained to a big Iron Ball; with the words "Backlog" embossed/written on the Iron ball.

3) Floating cloud on the front page hardly represents IV and it's messages. Please replace it with something like the image used in Youtube videos - formal wear (highly skilled) and diverse [ people of all nationalities]. Some color-tweaking may be necessary to blend in with IV colors!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

More initaitives on an individual level are
- posting flyers
- sending emails
- Mark has already taken the "Cartoons" initiative - this is wonderful
- Videos on google and youtube - videos are very effective and bring in visibility
- jingles, songs, poems etc....

Old 09-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Some Ideas

1) I suggested IV distribute "Bumper Stickers" on the "Drain Stopper" thread. Bumper stickers are a powerful political tool here (as we know). It's also a form of free, unpaid, long term advertising for IV, and can take the message to more people [ whenever they see those stickers]

2) Current IV logo (man caught in a bubble?) isn't that memorable and hardly catches attention to our "issue" at the first glance. IV needs something more powerful that speaks for itself. Something like, a person in graduation attire [ emphasis skill], with words "LEGAL" on his dress, chained to a big Iron Ball; with the words "Backlog" embossed/written on the Iron ball.

3) Floating cloud on the front page hardly represents IV and it's messages. Please replace it with something like the image used in Youtube videos - formal wear (highly skilled) and diverse [ people of all nationalities]. Some color-tweaking may be necessary to blend in with IV colors!
I like # 2 suggested by Walking Dude.

Contributed $ 300.00 till now.

Sent letters to Senators and Congress(wo)men.

Took part in the DC Rally.

Participated in the Letter to the President Campaign.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote