Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2009
Compare
kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt that USCIS gave us any additional information beyon what you would see on their website by tomorrow anyway!

So hang tight for one more day and you will see it all on their website.

By the way, I do personally believe that it would be only fair to include all the FOIA donors in the information sharing by IV, but it's just a personal opinion. Different people may have different views on it.

Just chill....
I 140 approved: Sep 2008 Nebraska Service Center
EB1A: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
EB2 NIW: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
I-485 filed Dec 2009
I-485 approved April 2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdumar View Post
Looks like this is going into the deaf ears of IV core. Upon repeated posts/repeated private messages to nixster and Pappu, they are not caring about those who donated for FOIA cause anymore. They are worried only about "Monthly donors" now. Fine, may be those who all donated for FOIA and not getting updates may need to ask for the refund from IV. I will never ever donate if there is a fund raising campaign for any future issues.
When FOIA funding drive was on, we clarified with core that this drive is for a specific cause. They mentioned that this could cost more than $5K and we extended the drive for 10K.

I wish the data will be published soon to everyone - at lease who contributed for that specific funding drive.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute sareesh has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation donor FOIA

I think both monthly and FOIA should have access.

Thanks,
SG

You have successfully signed up for a subscription to Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: sareesh) using PayPal.

Your first subscription payment, for $25.00 USD, has already been sent to Immigration Voice.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Subscription Details
----------------------------------------------------------------

Date of sign up: Mar. 10, 2009
Subscription Name: Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: sareesh)
Subscription Number: S-9AV605953U4077804

Subscription Terms:
$25.00 USD for one month

Old 09-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a monthly contributor anymore and still willing to donate for issue based funding drives. In the past I donated more than 500$ including FOIA and also brought in lot of my friends for FOIA. Now that access is restricted....well ..... I hope the information will be available to all very soon. What else can we hope for?
This does not leave a good feeling for sure.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Compare
nuke is a name known to all nuke is a name known to all nuke is a name known to all nuke is a name known to all nuke is a name known to all nuke is a name known to all
Default I paid for it!!!

This seems like cheating to me, I contributed specifically for FOIA task and have every right to the information. IV should forward the received information to all the members who contributed during the month when this drive was going on.

IV can sit tight and not release the information but it will be cheating and IV will loose faith of all the paying and non-paying members.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why just $25/month to help ourself is such a big issues for so called highly skilled. Maybe its just me, but it feels like people can come-up with thousands of reasons for getting everything for free.

$ Contributor
Texas IV Group member.

About Immigration Voice.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...id=5&Itemid=47
IV in the news.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=27

Contribution till date $600 + Monthly contributions

GC Approved on 5/5/2011

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner View Post
Not sure why just $25/month to help ourself is such a big issues for so called highly skilled. Maybe its just me, but it feels like people can come-up with thousands of reasons for getting everything for free.
Two year EAD's have helped us save $300.00 + Lot of tension. Please understand this. IV is responsible for 2 year EAD's.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future

When the FOIA drive was started The core promised that the contributions are specific to the FOIA drive and a lot of folks contributed to that drive with an anticipation of getting the information. If someone paid for something they should get the benefit for it. By restricting the information only for DONOR forum, it is very clear that many folks will feel they are cheated. If someone had contributed for a cause they should see the results else it will just deter folks from joining and contributing to IV in future. IV core Should decide whether they want a short term satisfaction or long term solution.
I-140 Approved
I-485 : Yet to file
Waiting Priceless
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
widad2020 is a splendid one to behold widad2020 is a splendid one to behold widad2020 is a splendid one to behold widad2020 is a splendid one to behold widad2020 is a splendid one to behold widad2020 is a splendid one to behold widad2020 is a splendid one to behold

Agree with you. I hope they release the data for those who contributed to the FOIA request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
I am not a monthly contributor anymore and still willing to donate for issue based funding drives. In the past I donated more than 500$ including FOIA and also brought in lot of my friends for FOIA. Now that access is restricted....well ..... I hope the information will be available to all very soon. What else can we hope for?
This does not leave a good feeling for sure.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

I am still willing to become monthly contributor, in fact in the early days I was a monthly contributor. But can't justify it to myself when only 2-3 % of the community is contributing monthly and willing to help themselves. If after repeated requests of monthly contributions this is the situation, then there is something missing I feel.

I feel if IV brings down the contribution to $10/month, the volume of contributing members might increase and there will be more number of commited members. This is just my thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner View Post

Old 09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb Humble Request to Core

I can understand why some people are getting riled up about. I am also a past contributor who is not a current "Donor", though I too made a $25.00 contribution specific to the FOIA drive. But please do not make allegations on the good folks form the Core and other dedicated people who are working hard (who are "Donors"). I have received a PM from Pappu about 10 days back saying that they dont have any updates and will let us know when they do. So let us give some them some time (even though we think we have some information as of yesterday).

This is my humble request to Core:
Since many people have contributed just for FOIA but are not "Donors", please make all information (and all discussions) about FOIA available to everyone (not just to those who contributed for FOIA) on the open forum. I dont think that it is any sensitive information that people on the other side can use against us (please correct me if wrong). This is only for the FOIA issue, so that it is just and fair and a win-win solution for everyone.

Thank you in advance.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I second that.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

deleted.

Last edited by Madhuri; 09-21-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: duplicate post.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Nagireddi is on a distinguished road
Default Same here

Contributed more than $500.00 in the past and was also an monthly $20 contributor.Now I do not have access.Core team should think twice about this.Thank you

Old 09-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Rules changing in middle of the game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Apologies newuser, took care of that now. Please check now. Thanks for your patience!
Admins and other senior members of Core,

I do not mean to belittle your work contribution to this organization and forum and highlighting the issues faced by all of us. I am not sure why this selective activation of access is being practiced. I am aware of what was written by Pappu in the first page of this post and I am sure a lot of members (including myself) contributed to the FIOA drive with a hope to see the results published and accessible to all.

I am not sure how to respond to this but just say ' deplorable'.

-cheers
krishnam70
PD EB2 Jan 2001, 9/11 ,(BEC ,pink slip)
H1 new empl - Dec 02
EB3 RIR, INDIA(Empl mess up)
PD: Sep 2003 , 2nd MS - SE
140 Approval: March 2004
3EADs , 4FPs
3APs, 485 approval -- 07/30/2007
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Calls to Congressmen,Senators
Letter for administrative fixes
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.