Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddonhead View Post
I wish I was a doctor and able to help in this particular situation.

There is another way each and every one of us could make a HUGE difference. I am personally doing it in my hometown.

Many of these people in slums or otherwise in the bottom rung of the economic ladder have some abilities or the other and will work hard if they find an opportunity. Identifying these people from a multitude of incompetent ones is difficult - but not impossible if you spend some time talking to these guys.

So when you are in India (or whatever country you are from - if it is a poor one like India) next time - please make a goal to identify one such person and invest in a small business with him. Just like venture capitalists - a 50/50 model (my money, your sweat - both own half of it) would be a great start.

I had personally done it a few years ago with $1000. This small business now employs 3 people.

Try it - it feels great. It feels better than simply "giving" money which does not serve any purpose for anybody. "Give a man a fish - he will eat it for a day. Teach him how to fish - he will eat fish every day."
It is a good start. The approach should be in such a way that a sown seed must grow into a tree. A lot of people can do things at a micro level.

At a macro level - it is once again responsibility of sensible people like you educate and bring about a change in the way people think.

India has a lot of black money both in the country and in Swiss bank. It is not easy to fix this issue because it has a lot of greed associated with it and rotating such money is extremely dangerous for the country.

At a micro level we can donate money to feed slum children or buy medicine - at a macro level - things are not working out that way in the current world.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default how many zeros in 6 figure?

Well I never earned that much so I have no idea. Why dun "YOU" donate 5000$ every month which can help to brand and educate people about IV and agenda and help raise the voice against plight.

Oh no.. like any others you are unfortunately also the one who can just do onething "THE BEST".. which is BLAH BLAH BLAH..

Just a few may be making the "6 figure" salary, most of the guys especially in bay area and other metros are just meeting their ends. Dun forget all the members here are the ones who do not have GC and most of them are the victims of the consulting companies exploitation. recent wave is pay cut, when these companies make money they dun share the profit, and now they got a new excuse "Recession" to make the pay cut and what a person tied up in immigration process walking on the blade of a sword can do , "NOTHING"
just accept the pay and lay low.

Leave the donation aside, as I believe in donating more than money, which is TIME.. do you do that, if yes thats great, then try to make that time equivalent to 5K.

So Bro, leave this crap , really get in line to help IV , remember More the merrier.. with these kind views in 10000 different direction will always be lost.. but voice all together will make history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
How about IV members who are doctors helping homeless and poor people in USA? Most people on IV earn 6 figure salaries anyways as they are best and the brightest. How about each one of us donating 5 thousand dollars to this cause and we create a multi million dollar fund to help the poor section of American Society. This can set up a hospital for poor in America or set up something that helps establish our love and bonding for our fellow American Citizens.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think I am better off in AZ then

here at the temples , just a few in number, makes sure if you walkin to the temple that you take dinner or lunch. Also they get very happy when some one visits the temples. Moreover, irrespective of the matter that you donated or not , everyone is treated with special care. Also there are Indian shopkeepers who donate ration regularly to the temple for lunch and dinner.

Well Guruji and pandit ji have started coming here a lot as well. But very few. One temple is completely outside the city, most of the indians go to visit that temple but its made like you go for a picnic and since there is temple you visit that as well.

So I think in that sense being here in AZ is better. No VIPs or anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Well said. Not sure where you live - but if you are in cities like New York, New Jersey pr Atlanta - you will see the same desi thing. Multiple temples sprouting up, fake swamijis, bhajans, pujas, they call something called "Anna Daana" - Anna daana means donating food to homeless people but here Anna Daana means - pot luck

I am not against anyone's beliefs - I myself go to Temple regularly - but at the same time do not practice "blind faith". Once my wife made some food and gave it as Anna Daana to temple, what they did internally was - take 75% of food and store it for VIPs (temple volunteers) and place 25% for common man (devotees)

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future
Default Here are my thoughts

Quote:
Well said. Not sure where you live - but if you are in cities like New York, New Jersey pr Atlanta - you will see the same desi thing. Multiple temples sprouting up, fake swamijis, bhajans, pujas, they call something called "Anna Daana" - Anna daana means donating food to homeless people but here Anna Daana means - pot luck

I am not against anyone's beliefs - I myself go to Temple regularly - but at the same time do not practice "blind faith". Once my wife made some food and gave it as Anna Daana to temple, what they did internally was - take 75% of food and store it for VIPs (temple volunteers) and place 25% for common man (devotees)
Chandu
This is not a good example. I am even surprised you brought it up here. You or your wife chose to give Anna daana for a religious purpose, now if the temple committee members are eating most of it or giving it to devotees is immaterial since somebody is eating it. I am not trying to support the temple management here. If you are interested in giving food to shelter less/poor then go to shelter homes and donate food. Atlanta and other cities have such places where we can help people who do not have food to eat. People have their own religious beliefs and follow them and this is not a forum to discuss that.

I am not aware of other cities but in Atlanta there is a doctor couple who help out people who do not have medical insurance and see them for free. They spend some time in downtown atlanta clinics and provide free service to all. I am not sure if I can quote their name here but He is a prominent doctor and even was chosen to represent the Indian community in Atlanta to bear the Olympic Torch in 1996 and Wife also participates in many cultural activities and is a very talented lady herself.

Let us make some positive suggestions and try to follow it up. Coming to what we have done is that we sponsor 3 students every year for the entire year which takes care of their schooling fees, books etc. It makes us very happy when we see their progress every year when they send us their reports on how they are doing with a letter from the school. Since I believe education is important for a child I am supporting them in whatever way I can. In the same way people can chose their own path in supporting any good thing here or back home and support it.

I am not in agreement with the argument put forward by Ganguteli too, supporting someone back home does not make you ineligible to become an American. My motto is to be a human first and then we can think of being an american or indian or whoever. When in need do not see the nationality, religion, color of skin to help

These words are not intended to hurt anybody but just my thoughts. If i did offend anybody inadvertently please excuse

-cheers
kris
PD EB2 Jan 2001, 9/11 ,(BEC ,pink slip)
H1 new empl - Dec 02
EB3 RIR, INDIA(Empl mess up)
PD: Sep 2003 , 2nd MS - SE
140 Approval: March 2004
3EADs , 4FPs
3APs, 485 approval -- 07/30/2007
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Calls to Congressmen,Senators
Letter for administrative fixes
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnam70 View Post
Chandu
This is not a good example. I am even surprised you brought it up here. You or your wife chose to give Anna daana for a religious purpose, now if the temple committee members are eating most of it or giving it to devotees is immaterial since somebody is eating it. I am not trying to support the temple management here. If you are interested in giving food to shelter less/poor then go to shelter homes and donate food. Atlanta and other cities have such places where we can help people who do not have food to eat. People have their own religious beliefs and follow them and this is not a forum to discuss that.

I am not aware of other cities but in Atlanta there is a doctor couple who help out people who do not have medical insurance and see them for free. They spend some time in downtown atlanta clinics and provide free service to all. I am not sure if I can quote their name here but He is a prominent doctor and even was chosen to represent the Indian community in Atlanta to bear the Olympic Torch in 1996 and Wife also participates in many cultural activities and is a very talented lady herself.

Let us make some positive suggestions and try to follow it up. Coming to what we have done is that we sponsor 3 students every year for the entire year which takes care of their schooling fees, books etc. It makes us very happy when we see their progress every year when they send us their reports on how they are doing with a letter from the school. Since I believe education is important for a child I am supporting them in whatever way I can. In the same way people can chose their own path in supporting any good thing here or back home and support it.

I am not in agreement with the argument put forward by Ganguteli too, supporting someone back home does not make you ineligible to become an American. My motto is to be a human first and then we can think of being an american or indian or whoever. When in need do not see the nationality, religion, color of skin to help

These words are not intended to hurt anybody but just my thoughts. If i did offend anybody inadvertently please excuse

-cheers
kris
You completely misunderstood or wrongly interpreted what I or ganguteli are trying to say. Someone like you is not the intended audience. You are one of the folks who do not need education to do the right thing - but believe me - I have first hand experience in dealing with all sorts of people.

ganguteli says - why specifically India ?? Think globally - look at Africa - look at the country you are going to embrace - America - think globally

I say - issues are bigger than what you think - the reason for these issues is because of the way we are - the way we think - and at a macro level (change has to come from all directions) - I did encourage the OP when he said he is investing money in changing lives of people.

Now lets get back to slums of Delhi - does Delhi not have doctors? Can students of AIIMS do some hours of social work on weekends? Can we do something about it? Can we remind our Indian brothers - doctors to help these folks? How about Africa? How about America????

Can we do something to end poverty and hunger? Does it exist only in India?

At an individual level you are paying for educating 3 children as you are a person with a heart. If you have a time and interest - you can do more - at a grassroots level - by bringing about a change in the way things are.

The reason I bought up temples and swamijis - many people have no clue how commercial and sometimes corrupt these places are - maybe not all - I do not want to argue on these things as it may create issues.

"Do good things and then go to a temple - pray to God to give you more energy to do more good" "Go to the temple canteen and enjoy the food" - "Make good friends in temple and talk good things and be constructive" - preserve all this and do it outside the temple also.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
You completely misunderstood or wrongly interpreted what I or ganguteli are trying to say. Someone like you is not the intended audience. You are one of the folks who do not need education to do the right thing - but believe me - I have first hand experience in dealing with all sorts of people.

ganguteli says - why specifically India ?? Think globally - look at Africa - look at the country you are going to embrace - America - think globally

I say - issues are bigger than what you think - the reason for these issues is because of the way we are - the way we think - and at a macro level (change has to come from all directions) - I did encourage the OP when he said he is investing money in changing lives of people.

Now lets get back to slums of Delhi - does Delhi not have doctors? Can students of AIIMS do some hours of social work on weekends? Can we do something about it? Can we remind our Indian brothers - doctors to help these folks? How about Africa? How about America????

Can we do something to end poverty and hunger? Does it exist only in India?

At an individual level you are paying for educating 3 children as you are a person with a heart. If you have a time and interest - you can do more - at a grassroots level - by bringing about a change in the way things are.

The reason I bought up temples and swamijis - many people have no clue how commercial and sometimes corrupt these places are - maybe not all - I do not want to argue on these things as it may create issues.

"Do good things and then go to a temple - pray to God to give you more energy to do more good" "Go to the temple canteen and enjoy the food" - "Make good friends in temple and talk good things and be constructive" - preserve all this and do it outside the temple also.
Chandu

Thank you for the clarification and your intention in posting that. I am still convinced that individual should make efforts in their own way to help the society. It does not need to be a big thing. I am also aware of the stark realities back home and how much disparity exists in the society.

Your question about whether the AIMS doctors can afford to spend some time in the slums to treat poor people is valid one. AIIMS is a joke. Despite being a premier institute and just a few miles away from the slums they have not done anything until now for the slums. The doctors there are more concerned about their stipends and their prospects than practicing the Hippocratic oath. Again may be there are few who would devote their time if they are approached. May be some of the members have friends who are part of the institute and they might want to help out.

I am not against ganguteli's question as to why india why not whole world. My question is 'WHY NOT INDIA?' after all we are from that country and have benefited in some way or the other from there. Lets set our home country in order first before we attempt to do anything elsewhere.

Every person should try to do something for their village, street, city, town they were brought up which is what is giving back to community is all about. I spend 120$ a year so sponsor education for 3 children. I have encouraged our gram panchayat
- to create a proposal for watershed program because our village is dependent on tank for agriculture and donated money towards that.
- plant trees etc to increase green cover in the village

There are many small ways to contribute back to our community
- institute scholarships in educational institutions to help economically backward students
- adopt a village and spend money to get public sanitation setup.
- adopt a village and form a trust to spend money to set up a watershed program or afforestation
- sponsor a small diary project in your village with some seed money for 2-3 diary animals that will create a source of income for 1 or 2 families.

Community, city, state , country as a whole will not change overnight, there has to be a catalyst for it and people are the catalysts. It will take many more such people to slowly create the change. Do your bit and slowly the change will come about.

thanks for the patient reading. comments and criticism are welcome

- cheers
kris
H1 new empl - Dec 02
3EADs , 4FPs
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnam70 View Post
Chandu

Thank you for the clarification and your intention in posting that. I am still convinced that individual should make efforts in their own way to help the society. It does not need to be a big thing. I am also aware of the stark realities back home and how much disparity exists in the society.

Your question about whether the AIMS doctors can afford to spend some time in the slums to treat poor people is valid one. AIIMS is a joke. Despite being a premier institute and just a few miles away from the slums they have not done anything until now for the slums. The doctors there are more concerned about their stipends and their prospects than practicing the Hippocratic oath. Again may be there are few who would devote their time if they are approached. May be some of the members have friends who are part of the institute and they might want to help out.

I am not against ganguteli's question as to why india why not whole world. My question is 'WHY NOT INDIA?' after all we are from that country and have benefited in some way or the other from there. Lets set our home country in order first before we attempt to do anything elsewhere.

Every person should try to do something for their village, street, city, town they were brought up which is what is giving back to community is all about. I spend 120$ a year so sponsor education for 3 children. I have encouraged our gram panchayat
- to create a proposal for watershed program because our village is dependent on tank for agriculture and donated money towards that.
- plant trees etc to increase green cover in the village

There are many small ways to contribute back to our community
- institute scholarships in educational institutions to help economically backward students
- adopt a village and spend money to get public sanitation setup.
- adopt a village and form a trust to spend money to set up a watershed program or afforestation
- sponsor a small diary project in your village with some seed money for 2-3 diary animals that will create a source of income for 1 or 2 families.

Community, city, state , country as a whole will not change overnight, there has to be a catalyst for it and people are the catalysts. It will take many more such people to slowly create the change. Do your bit and slowly the change will come about.

thanks for the patient reading. comments and criticism are welcome

- cheers
kris
My friend, we must definitely help in all possible ways. Some organizations like ASHA or AIDIndia etc.. conduct cultural events and other activities and such funds are used to do bigger things.

What I am saying is - we CAN do bigger things - at the same time we MUST also do what it takes to change things for good.

I say - donate for educating a child - also work towards changing circumstances of similar children or the sam child - try to change the minds of people who could have educated this child instead of you - change the minds of people who think they are under previliged and think they have no options - let change and development come visible.

A lot of people do want to help underpreviliged but may not have enough money or will be worried about their own family or retirement or medical expenses or any other thing ... what I say is "If there is a govt.. responsible to educate the child you are educating - work towards changiing the minds of the govt to ACTUALLY educate". If a child has been exploited by a rich man - work towards bringing him justice - change his environment around him instead of just paying for his expenses or food.

Govts in ssome states in India provide free lunch in govt schools to encourage children to come to school and study. In Tamilnadu - they even provide eggs and omlettes along with regular food as an additional incentive.

I say - work with your local authorities to provide the amenities you are providing for one or two people to all the people - educate people on how their areas should grow and develop.

Let everyone feel responsible for thier well being, well being of people around them. Educate people how one should make this world a better place.

Just my opinion

Old 06-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks !

Chandu

I respect your postive energy & commitment on this forum ..appreciate

Quote:
My friend, we must definitely help in all possible ways. Some organizations like ASHA or AIDIndia etc.. conduct cultural events and other activities and such funds are used to do bigger things.

What I am saying is - we CAN do bigger things - at the same time we MUST also do what it takes to change things for good.

I say - donate for educating a child - also work towards changing circumstances of similar children or the sam child - try to change the minds of people who could have educated this child instead of you - change the minds of people who think they are under previliged and think they have no options - let change and development come visible.

A lot of people do want to help underpreviliged but may not have enough money or will be worried about their own family or retirement or medical expenses or any other thing ... what I say is "If there is a govt.. responsible to educate the child you are educating - work towards changiing the minds of the govt to ACTUALLY educate". If a child has been exploited by a rich man - work towards bringing him justice - change his environment around him instead of just paying for his expenses or food.

Govts in ssome states in India provide free lunch in govt schools to encourage children to come to school and study. In Tamilnadu - they even provide eggs and omlettes along with regular food as an additional incentive.

I say - work with your local authorities to provide the amenities you are providing for one or two people to all the people - educate people on how their areas should grow and develop.

Let everyone feel responsible for thier well being, well being of people around them. Educate people how one should make this world a better place.

Just my opinion

Old 06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare

Quote:

Just my opinion
Appreciate your honest comments. If the govt we elected was good enough we would not be in this state. This is a socio economic problem. Poor and socially downtrodden people get exploited in all ways.

I think both of us are thinking the same things but approaching the problem issue in a different way. You are of the opinion that to achieve something it must be done in a grand scale and I am of the opinion that some things are better to start off small and start making change at the individual level.

If the individual is motivated he/she will take it up and encourage others to follow the path. I have often seen that large scale govt programs are usually wasted in resources and do not achieve what they set out to( due to corruption, delays etc). For them they are just figures and vote banks and nothing else. I have seen social welfare hostels, govt run schools and the food they give. I have met the children in the schools in AP where a similar 'Afternoon meals scheme' is in practice.

I think the self help path put forward by Baba Amte working at the true grass roots level and bringing about the change you talked about is the way to go about. Govt help can be solicited once the basic framework is setup and to progress the cause. This is why I involved the gram panchayat of my village for the watershed program instead of approaching others. They contributed to the cause by extending their human labour while the funds came initially from me and and then we solicited additional funds from the govt by contacting the department responsible for this. We submitted a project report for this and finally completed it. I am quoting this example just to say that where ever possible we should start the process and then take the government's help. Govt alone cannot and will not solve all the problems.

cheers for the great points.

- kris
H1 new empl - Dec 02
3EADs , 4FPs
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default The dominating evil of black money

The Hindu, Sunday dated 7th June 2009.

In the case of India, recent estimates of INDIAN (BLACK) MONEY outside India (in Countries like SWITZERLAND, )reached Rs.7.5 Million Crores (About US$1,500 Billion). Laying hands on this (Black) money is not in the power of the Indian Government.
Black Money circulating inside India appears to be no lesser in quantity than the outside component mentioned above.
Black money and corruption that can spread into the hitherto respected institutions like Judiciary, the Army, and the Bureaucracy in India may, one day, by moral degradation lead to a failed state. Black Money lends free access to the Criminal, Antinational, and Antisocial elements going beyond the control of the laws in place.
To-day’s civilized world has accepted the phenomenon of hiding money in Swiss Banks as “NOT ILLEGAL” obviously because the CREAM OF SOCIETY in the world owns that money. ……..

Old 06-12-2009, 12:09 PM
ganguteli

Quote:

In the case of India, recent estimates of INDIAN (BLACK) MONEY outside India (in Countries like SWITZERLAND, )reached Rs.7.5 Million Crores (About US$1,500 Billion). Laying hands on this (Black) money is not in the power of the Indian Government.
Black Money circulating inside India appears to be no lesser in quantity than the outside component mentioned above.
Black money and corruption that can spread into the hitherto respected institutions like Judiciary, the Army, and the Bureaucracy in India may, one day, by moral degradation lead to a failed state. Black Money lends free access to the Criminal, Antinational, and Antisocial elements going beyond the control of the laws in place.
To-day’s civilized world has accepted the phenomenon of hiding money in Swiss Banks as “NOT ILLEGAL” obviously because the CREAM OF SOCIETY in the world owns that money. ……..
This is what I was saying.

Let Indians in India deal with their problems. They have enough money, talent and will to do it. They are not depending on us to help them. I mean they are 1 billion people and majority are educated. India has more people with Ph.D than USA.

We need to worry about ourselves and USA. We have decided to be a part of this country and be an American. If we continue to waive Indian Flags like illegals who did in their rallies we will be ignored by the same lawmakers we are trying to influence. So stop waiving Indian flags in your posts. If you love India so much then go back and do something for your country. Your country needs your best and the brightest skills. Accept this bitter truth that you left India because you wanted a better life and opportunity. You did not come to USA because you love India. So stop your fake patriotism.

If you want greencard and be a part of this country permanently, then help USA with its problems. Think like an American. Show that you care about America, as an American. Because if you think like an alien, you will be alienated and people like Lou Dobbs and Grassley will kick you around. If you behave like an American, you can prove them to be fools #1 and anti-American.

Last edited by ganguteli; 06-12-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
This is what I was saying.

Let Indians in India deal with their problems. They have enough money, talent and will to do it. They are not depending on us to help them. I mean they are 1 billion people and majority are educated. India has more people with Ph.D than USA.

We need to worry about ourselves and USA. We have decided to be a part of this country and be an American. If we continue to waive Indian Flags like illegals who did in their rallies we will be ignored by the same lawmakers we are trying to influence. So stop waiving Indian flags in your posts. If you love India so much then go back and do something for your country. Your country needs your best and the brightest skills.

If you want greencard and be a part of this country permanently, then help USA with its problems. Think like an American. Show that you care about America, as an American. Because if you think like an alien, you will be alienated and people like Lou Dobbs and Grassley will kick you around. If you behave like an American, you can prove them to be fools #1 and anti-American.
I do agree with what you say. When we leave our shores and looking at things from a "WORLD PERSPECTIVE" be a responsible world citizen. America has given you an opportunity to develop roots and you are working towards it. Try to to assimilate. Do help the poor and needy everywhere in the world.

India needs help - definitely the slums and people's lives have to change - but does India portray itself like that? Look at IPL and the sponsers, why does Indian PM need an Air Force One? When majority of people who elected him are in slums, why govt spending on buying Air Force One?

Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 PM
ganguteli

Quote:
I do agree with what you say. When we leave our shores and looking at things from a "WORLD PERSPECTIVE" be a responsible world citizen. America has given you an opportunity to develop roots and you are working towards it. Try to to assimilate. Do help the poor and needy everywhere in the world.

India needs help - definitely the slums and people's lives have to change - but does India portray itself like that? Look at IPL and the sponsers, why does Indian PM need an Air Force One? When majority of people who elected him are in slums, why govt spending on buying Air Force One?
Let PM have some plane rides. We are not paying taxes to fund it.
We should be talking about how our tax dollars are used by US President/Congress.

Immigrationvoice members need a change of mindset if they want to get greencards.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare

Quote:
Let PM have some plane rides. We are not paying taxes to fund it.
We should be talking about how our tax dollars are used by US President/Congress.

Immigrationvoice members need a change of mindset if they want to get greencards.
May be something members can do for the children here in the USA

http://america.cry.org/site/our_proj...in_the_us.html

-cheers
kris
H1 new empl - Dec 02
3EADs , 4FPs
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of
Thumbs down

No one really enjoys having black money. This is the money one is seriously at risk of losing. Furthermore, you have to keep finding avenues to keep it invested as you cannot invest in stocks, keep in banks, etc. The reason India has so much of black money circulating is because of its age old socialist policies (tax at one time was 90%, not kidding), nationalized banking system, restricted financial system and corrupted bureaucracy.

Here is one real life story of how black money is generated. My cousin started a business when he was 16 year old. He had no clue about taxation. By the time he was 22, he realized that he was supposed to pay taxes. He being naive went directly to tax office and asked for help. The very next day he got notice to close down. The taxes and the interest and the admin fees on those missed taxes would have virtually wiped him out. On top of that he was threatened jail time because he was trying to avoid taxes. He then inquired around and found a broker. The broker then asked for money in cash, no cheque/check. The broker then had his internal dealing with the tax officers and my cousin was asked to dole out more money in cash for senior officers. It took him 2 years to clear up the mess. This is a simple situation of how black money starts circulating the system.

Quote: