Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by samay View Post
Hey Need Help

I hope your query is answered!Thanks for the pics!!!!
Wow - you are quick! I was just about to dig through my bag to find my MC notes (yes, for some reason they are still in my bag!)

Got Green but still working at IV
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
7/23/2007
Compare
gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future
Default She's Ann Ruben

Ann Ruben of "Steel, Rudnick and Ruben" Law firm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
She was very sweet, she said 'I'm tired of telling my clients that all you can do is wait.' Now she can tell them, you can do something about it. You have IV.
What is her name.

Join the IV Minnesota Chapter

Proud participant of the September 18th Rally in DC. Flew in from Minnesota.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chilling experience...

It was great to attach faces to the IV handles...

I walked into situation room on Sunday night at 9 and was thrilled to find almost 30 - 40 ppl working hard on the preparations for the lobby day on monday. It was great to meet aman, paskal, pappu, logiclife, gsc999, nixstor, arun,..... (list is too long)

Soon I and mark teamed up to do the preps for the lobby day meetings. Monday was fun, with all the meetings with lawmakers with barely any time in between meetings - we were literally on the run, hopped on to taxi to save time and walk!! It was a chilling feeling when couple of times ppl on the hallway of Rayburn/Cannon stopped us and asked "R U lobbyist?"

Dinner was a great. Hats of to Anu and Meenal for the menu... It was nice that we got the food all the way to situation room, so that we can have another go at it!!! Speeches by fellow IV-ers, lawyers and lawmakers at the dinner really primed us with lots of energy for rally on Tuesday. Ofcoz the wine helped too

The rally was just great. Even though I didn't have my breakfast, the energy of the people around me kept me going or was it the wine...

I had an opportunity to meet a great bunch of folks focussed on a common goal. After meeting 6 lawmakers and seeing the enthusiastic members who drive this organization. I am confident success is around the corner

GO IV GO
Murali

Last edited by mpadapa; 09-21-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpadapa View Post
Even though I didn't have my breakfast, the energy of the people around me kept me going
I am sure a lot of volunteers shed a few pounds. beenwaiting shouldn't feel bad that you missed your gym on the last two days. See see another advantage of being at the rally... (unless ofcourse you loaded up on the reception desserts like me )

And thanks Ann Ruben!!

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Last edited by needhelp!; 09-21-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
I am sure a lot of volunteers shed a few pounds. beenwaiting shouldn't feel bad that you missed your gym on the last two days. See see another advantage of being at the rally... (unless ofcourse you loaded up on the reception desserts like me )

And thanks Ann Ruben!!
Believe it or not I did lose couple of pounds - next time, I will get my gym buddies to the rally

Meenal

Old 09-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold

It's nothing compared to 2,800 miles 1 way from CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitp View Post
There are just too many fond memories to share in one post... but I do want to specially thank leo2606 who drove 70 miles to pick up myself, venkygct, vsraja and punjabi at the Dulles airport and then took us out for breakfast, then to the rally venue, then for lunch, finally to a hotel room we had booked for a quick shower, basically... like a shadow he was with us wherever we wanted to go! And... whenever we thanked him (and gdhiren who co-ordinated pickups/dropoffs for many others like the 4 of us) these guys, instead of saying something like "You are welcome", would profusely thank us for flying in!

Its people... like leo2606 and gdhiren.. and many others are the true strength of IV!

Old 09-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up tri state and the DC area

a lot has been said about non participation from the region nearby to DC.
but this post is about something very different. i would like to highlight the
very important role that our members and volunteers from tri state and the DC area played in the rally. they worked against all odds and deserve sincere thanks.

tri state: this is the most dedicated bunch there is...singhsa3, chanduv23, tnight, siravi, mpadapa, mbartosik, poonam and many others worked tirelessly against serious odds to cover the region with fliers and motivate rally goers and contributors. i'm sure i'm forgetting someone...very sorry...tell me and i'll edit :-) tikka whose commitment to iv is always without question made it to the rally despite serious work constraints and always set an example for others to follow. singhsa3 unfortunately could not and we were only too glad to stand in for him.
the two buses from tri state were arranged by singhsa3 and mpadapa and were superbly managed by laborchic and GreenGrass...sounds like everyone had a great time! we are all confident that the tri state chapter will build over time and will be a force to reckon with- how can it not- it has the most able leaders and volunteers there are....

i have to confess to bugging these folks on a constant basis about spreading the message, in retrospect it was not needed in the least...they walked the talk everyday, took time off work, posted and distributed fliers, called members and did everything one could ask and much more. please join me in thanking the tri state chapter for a lot of hard work and endless motivation to our common cause!

and then the local volunteer team from DC/MD/VA, superbly led by a tireless guy who had a full plate throughout - nixstor! i think many rally goers missed how much work was put in by the local folks, they ran a host program- picked up and dropped from airports and put people up. they were ready and willing to do all asked of them starting saturday itself, and on rally day they were responsible for the whole operation- marshals for the rally and ensuring that after everyone departed the two grounds we used were cleared and cleaned as needed. having been there myself i cannot begin to underestimate how much work remained even after the rally was over. i hesitate to name...arun, girdhar and samir- i know, but there were so many others that worked- that i will let the local team chime in here. a special word for sukh- the man is just incredible. from arranging hotels to buying stationary to arranging flowers and flagpoles to helping with the gurudwaras to running the uhaul and the van..and not least getting more than 800 placards ready for the rally- his work never stopped. we all owe a debt of gratitude to the DC area folks who made this rally possible.

let's stop complaining about what may have been for local attendance and instead celebrate the tri state and DC area chapters for what they did do and what they will...for sure ...in the future as well

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 09-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
siravi has a spectacular aura about siravi has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, paskal. The pleasure--and pride is all ours! It was indeed great to be a part of the rally and be there with all other IVians.
And in the spirit of this thread, let me tell you, chanduv23 can talk about things besides IV too! During our drive to DC, ps57002 and I were successful in distracting his verbal barrage from immigration, USCIS, IV and have him tell us ghost stories--thus was our introduction to Rajnikanth's "Chandramukhi"

Old 09-24-2007, 01:31 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
a lot has been said about non participation from the region nearby to DC.
but this post is about something very different. i would like to highlight the
very important role that our members and volunteers from tri state and the DC area played in the rally. they worked against all odds and deserve sincere thanks.

tri state: this is the most dedicated bunch there is...singhsa3, chanduv23, tnight, siravi, mpadapa, mbartosik, poonam and many others worked tirelessly against serious odds to cover the region with fliers and motivate rally goers and contributors. i'm sure i'm forgetting someone...very sorry...tell me and i'll edit :-) tikka whose commitment to iv is always without question made it to the rally despite serious work constraints and always set an example for others to follow. singhsa3 unfortunately could not and we were only too glad to stand in for him.
the two buses from tri state were arranged by singhsa3 and mpadapa and were superbly managed by laborchic and GreenGrass...sounds like everyone had a great time! we are all confident that the tri state chapter will build over time and will be a force to reckon with- how can it not- it has the most able leaders and volunteers there are....

i have to confess to bugging these folks on a constant basis about spreading the message, in retrospect it was not needed in the least...they walked the talk everyday, took time off work, posted and distributed fliers, called members and did everything one could ask and much more. please join me in thanking the tri state chapter for a lot of hard work and endless motivation to our common cause!

and then the local volunteer team from DC/MD/VA, superbly led by a tireless guy who had a full plate throughout - nixstor! i think many rally goers missed how much work was put in by the local folks, they ran a host program- picked up and dropped from airports and put people up. they were ready and willing to do all asked of them starting saturday itself, and on rally day they were responsible for the whole operation- marshals for the rally and ensuring that after everyone departed the two grounds we used were cleared and cleaned as needed. having been there myself i cannot begin to underestimate how much work remained even after the rally was over. i hesitate to name...arun, girdhar and samir- i know, but there were so many others that worked- that i will let the local team chime in here. a special word for sukh- the man is just incredible. from arranging hotels to buying stationary to arranging flowers and flagpoles to helping with the gurudwaras to running the uhaul and the van..and not least getting more than 800 placards ready for the rally- his work never stopped. we all owe a debt of gratitude to the DC area folks who made this rally possible.

let's stop complaining about what may have been for local attendance and instead celebrate the tri state and DC area chapters for what they did do and what they will...for sure ...in the future as well
KUDOS to the local team too, I totally agree, except nixstor kept saying he is not a local when you ask him for directions

Last edited by seahawks; 09-24-2007 at 02:32 AM.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought it will inspire many new folks here.