Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2006-04-10
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-08-04
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 90
suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Actually i recently moved from CA to PA, My wife started working in philli last year, I just tried my luck and took only the lease agreement with me..All the bills are currently in my wife's name. They just checked my I-94, Employment letter and my CA license and said they don't need the residency proof. My guess is they must have my wife's DL details on the same address. So i was given a temp license the same day itself and 2/3 days later i got the permanent license in mail. In CA since my license was created in 2001 i never had any license problems, Every 3 yrs it would just come in the post ..From now on i think i will have to do the license dance every time my I-94 expires. My EAD expires on Oct 08 and H1b i-94 from the same company expires in Feb 2010. So i used my H1b I-194 and got the license till Feb 2010. The people at the DMV were very helpful and jovial . I went to the Bortondale, PA 19063 DMV.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #32  
Old 03-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 268
H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future
Default

In PA , Once you filed I-485 anyone would be eligible for a 4 yr License according to one DMV officer in Pitstburgh,PA. Not sure this Rule applies all over PA State.
__________________

Contributed : $225
Help IV to help yourself!!

EB2-India
Labor PD: 11/2005
I-140 AD: 07/2006
I-485 RD: 07/02/2007
I-485 AD: :8/4/2010
Card Received : 8/13/2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #33  
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
smiledoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Thanks for the info.. I guess my situation is different since both I94 and H1B r expired and we will be using EAD with the new company. But I was told that we will get license till EAD expiry date and we have to renew every yr till we get GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suavesandeep View Post
Actually i recently moved from CA to PA, My wife started working in philli last year, I just tried my luck and took only the lease agreement with me..All the bills are currently in my wife's name. They just checked my I-94, Employment letter and my CA license and said they don't need the residency proof. My guess is they must have my wife's DL details on the same address. So i was given a temp license the same day itself and 2/3 days later i got the permanent license in mail. In CA since my license was created in 2001 i never had any license problems, Every 3 yrs it would just come in the post ..From now on i think i will have to do the license dance every time my I-94 expires. My EAD expires on Oct 08 and H1b i-94 from the same company expires in Feb 2010. So i used my H1b I-194 and got the license till Feb 2010. The people at the DMV were very helpful and jovial . I went to the Bortondale, PA 19063 DMV.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #34  
Old 03-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 40
greencardfever is a jewel in the rough greencardfever is a jewel in the rough greencardfever is a jewel in the rough
Question Which Pittsburgh DMV office?

H1B-GC,

Which specific Pittsburgh DMV office are you referring to?

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #35  
Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2006-04-10
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-08-04
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 90
suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Hi SmileDoc,

Can you let me know what validity you finally got your license for ?. From the DMV PA Website it seems for AOS applicants if you have a valid EAD you should get it for a year. But i have seen posts before on the same thread that this is not true.For my wife her medical license gets extended for 1 year for her residency and hence her H1B is also extended every 1 year..I was hoping EAD she got via my application would make her life easier, since H1B extensions are taking so long now days. God knows why they extend the license for only one year in PA, I heard in other states this isn't the case... Well
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #36  
Old 03-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 268
H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencardfever View Post
H1B-GC,

Which specific Pittsburgh DMV office are you referring to?

Thanks.

It's the DMV at Bridgeville.
__________________

Contributed : $225
Help IV to help yourself!!

EB2-India
Labor PD: 11/2005
I-140 AD: 07/2006
I-485 RD: 07/02/2007
I-485 AD: :8/4/2010
Card Received : 8/13/2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #37  
Old 03-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
smiledoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I will be moving in 2 weeks time..so only a month after that I will know abt the validity of the license. I will keep u updated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by suavesandeep View Post
Hi SmileDoc,

Can you let me know what validity you finally got your license for ?. From the DMV PA Website it seems for AOS applicants if you have a valid EAD you should get it for a year. But i have seen posts before on the same thread that this is not true.For my wife her medical license gets extended for 1 year for her residency and hence her H1B is also extended every 1 year..I was hoping EAD she got via my application would make her life easier, since H1B extensions are taking so long now days. God knows why they extend the license for only one year in PA, I heard in other states this isn't the case... Well
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #38  
Old 03-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32
rameshavula is a glorious beacon of light rameshavula is a glorious beacon of light rameshavula is a glorious beacon of light rameshavula is a glorious beacon of light rameshavula is a glorious beacon of light rameshavula is a glorious beacon of light
Post License with 485 Receipt

Quote:
Originally Posted by suavesandeep View Post
Hi SmileDoc,

Can you let me know what validity you finally got your license for ?. From the DMV PA Website it seems for AOS applicants if you have a valid EAD you should get it for a year. But i have seen posts before on the same thread that this is not true.For my wife her medical license gets extended for 1 year for her residency and hence her H1B is also extended every 1 year..I was hoping EAD she got via my application would make her life easier, since H1B extensions are taking so long now days. God knows why they extend the license for only one year in PA, I heard in other states this isn't the case... Well
For my wife, we were able to get the license extended for one year by showing the 485 receipt only. In place of EAD we showed her Passport. (We did not apply for EAD. Her H1-B extension is in process). Location: Malvern, PA
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #39  
Old 03-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 419
ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshavula View Post
For my wife, we were able to get the license extended for one year by showing the 485 receipt only. In place of EAD we showed her Passport. (We did not apply for EAD. Her H1-B extension is in process). Location: Malvern, PA
Thanks for the info. That's where my wife is planning to get her license from.
__________________
PD Sep 2004 EB3 RIR
LC approved Jan 2007
I-140 approved June 2007
I-485 delivered to NSC 8 August 2007
Receipted at TSC 2 October 2007
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #40  
Old 10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8
kaalpurush is infamous around these parts
Default PA drivers license issue

Hi,
I received a letter from Harrisburg that says that I should go to the DMV and provide my updated immigration documents, as my expiration date is near(my license expires in January).

Today I went to Bridgeville, PA, and they said they have to send copy of all my documents(I-485 receipt, I-94, EAD, Passport) to Harrisburg for verification.

They said that Harrisburg will call immigration, and then contact me in 2 weeks.

Did anyone else face this issue? What am I supposed to do?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #41  
Old 11-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
milsz is on a distinguished road
Default

I received similar letter for my wife...We have not yet gone to DMV with documents...
Letter says, If you wish to extend the your DMV then you should visit nearest DMV center along with documents which shows your status or expiration date is changed....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drivers License chotu ustad FREE Lawyer conference calls 1 08-25-2010 10:25 AM
Tennessee drivers license sareesh Tennessee (TN) 9 07-23-2010 07:03 PM
drivers license issue ranand00 Non-Immigrant Visa 1 03-01-2010 01:41 PM
PA Drivers License same as MI? tdasara Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. 0 01-25-2008 05:24 PM
Drivers license chakalov All other Green Card Issues 12 07-31-2007 06:04 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 (Unregistered)
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org