Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Member's Only Forum > State Chapters > California (CA)
Click to log in with Facebook
California (CA) California (CA)

View Poll Results: Are you flying from CA?
Yes 38 44.19%
No 48 55.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
h12gc has a spectacular aura about h12gc has a spectacular aura about h12gc has a spectacular aura about
Default new member to this group

Hello Dear IV california members,

First I want to congratulate all you guys for the success of the rally.I have recently joined this group and contributed $100 towards the rally.Now on wards i want to be active member of this group.I live in Sunnyvale,CA.I will give my best for this cause.I want to be part of California chapter activities.As i said i'm a new member i'm not aware of all the activities involved in chapter.If any one can message me their contact no.i will call you guys and discuss future course of action.

Thanks,
h12gc
I 485,EAD,AP Filed on Aug 1st 2007
IV One time Contribution : $100
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of

Good to have you, thank you for your support.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Default Welcome H12gc!

Great to have you on board.

I encourage you to join into our state chapter (see my signature for the link). Good to have another NoCaler around

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 09-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drona!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drona View Post
Thanks for playing your folk tunes, and singing and reciting poetry on stage at the rally! Please let us know the IV handle of the other guitarist and singer. Thanks for inviting me to join you but I am way too shy to sing on stage 3 cheers to abhijitp, you make CA proud!
We guessed you were lying to us when you said you do not sing! You should have joined us... we would have then sung the song that only you and the other singer/guitarist know (besides Digital2k) know. BTW, the guitarist was Dr Saurabh although I don't know his IV handle.

It's the beginning of this weekend, but let me rewind things to the last weekend. I received a call from Paskal while I was walking into "Costco", when he told me about his idea of having me and someone else sing and keep folks entertained before the rally. He connected me to Saurabh, and it felt really nostalgic when Saurabh and I rehearsed the song over the phone... somewhat like how two friends would do it in college.

Then on the day of the rally, we knew we had to rehearse with our guitars, and we also knew we would have to, first of all, tune our guitars to one another. But to our sweet surprise, our guitars were already tuned We then went a few feet away from the registration booth, and began practising... but something funny happened.

One of the airfare beneficiaries came to me and said hello. We stopped playing and exchanged hellos, and chatted for 2 minutes, but guided him to Venkygct who had been very kind to take over all the "check disbursement" responsibilities. Another 2 minutes, and we have another beneficiary visiting. This time, Venky sees him and runs to us

But, we have only a few minutes to the rally, so we decide to go further away from the booth.... and we go really really far... and then start practising once again.

And then after a few minutes, we see Venky and a beneficiary running to us from 2 different directions, but Venky intercepting the missile before it got us

Thanks Venky for everything! You made it all sound easy. Starting from the day you postponed your India trip to make it to the rally, you had started making a positive impact on us.
(Folks, Venky even roped in a handful of his own friends to come to the rally. )

You were the God-sent help Arun and I were really missing! We had been finding it hard tracking down some of the sponsors and beneficiaries whose IV profiles had phony emails and bad phone numbers! But you came and things started moving real smooth.

Not to forget Drona's tremendous efforts in roping in dante, prp79, jiren... and in fact co-ordinating the sponsorship for one of them completely on her own!

Of course, Drona's dream to form the "Let's partner to increase resonance" band remains unfulfilled. So venky, by the next rally, do learn to play the drums
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Last edited by abhijitp; 09-21-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
write2amar is on a distinguished road
Default new member to this group

Hello,

CONGRATULATIONS for making the rally success!!!

I just joined in this group. I want to be an active member in this chapter activities.

Thanks,
write2amar

Old 09-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold
Default Welcome new members!

If you are from Northern California, please join the local chapter here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NC_Immigration_Voice/

Southern California folks, please join the group here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/

We look forward to adding active members to our local chapters.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
gdhiren will become famous soon enough gdhiren will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitp View Post
We guessed you were lying to us when you said you do not sing! You should have joined us... we would have then sung the song that only you and the other singer/guitarist know (besides Digital2k) know. BTW, the guitarist was Dr Saurabh although I don't know his IV handle.

It's the beginning of this weekend, but let me rewind things to the last weekend. I received a call from Paskal while I was walking into "Costco", when he told me about his idea of having me and someone else sing and keep folks entertained before the rally. He connected me to Saurabh, and it felt really nostalgic when Saurabh and I rehearsed the song over the phone... somewhat like how two friends would do it in college.

Then on the day of the rally, we knew we had to rehearse with our guitars, and we also knew we would have to, first of all, tune our guitars to one another. But to our sweet surprise, our guitars were already tuned We then went a few feet away from the registration booth, and began practising... but something funny happened.

One of the airfare beneficiaries came to me and said hello. We stopped playing and exchanged hellos, and chatted for 2 minutes, but guided him to Venkygct who had been very kind to take over all the "check disbursement" responsibilities. Another 2 minutes, and we have another beneficiary visiting. This time, Venky sees him and runs to us

But, we have only a few minutes to the rally, so we decide to go further away from the booth.... and we go really really far... and then start practising once again.

And then after a few minutes, we see Venky and a beneficiary running to us from 2 different directions, but Venky intercepting the missile before it got us

Thanks Venky for everything! You made it all sound easy. Starting from the day you postponed your India trip to make it to the rally, you had started making a positive impact on us.
(Folks, Venky even roped in a handful of his own friends to come to the rally. )

You were the God-sent help Arun and I were really missing! We had been finding it hard tracking down some of the sponsors and beneficiaries whose IV profiles had phony emails and bad phone numbers! But you came and things started moving real smooth.

Not to forget Drona's tremendous efforts in roping in dante, prp79, jiren... and in fact co-ordinating the sponsorship for one of them completely on her own!

Of course, Drona's dream to form the "Let's partner to increase resonance" band remains unfulfilled. So venky, by the next rally, do learn to play the drums

IV hadle of Dr Saurabh is 'drsaurabhsethi'. abhijitp, you guys rocked the stage with my favourite music. I want congratulate everyone in CA chpater for their enthusiasm and grand participation in the rally. You guys did it, what we couldn't do being local to DC. We learned a lot from CA chpater memebers from their dedication and hard work. Keep it up. Hats off to all CA members.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks Dhiren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdhiren View Post
IV hadle of Dr Saurabh is 'drsaurabhsethi'. abhijitp, you guys rocked the stage with my favourite music. I want congratulate everyone in CA chpater for their enthusiasm and grand participation in the rally. You guys did it, what we couldn't do being local to DC. We learned a lot from CA chpater memebers from their dedication and hard work. Keep it up. Hats off to all CA members.
I want to add that it was only because of the superb guitaring by Dr Saurabh that we could do the song in the right (soul) rhythm. In my own youtube video I had played a much simpler 4 count rhythm as otherwise it was getting kind of hard to focus on the lyrics.

Also, I don't know how others from North CA feel but Aman's motivating speech during his visit to CA (the Milpitas event) was the turning point for me! Maybe before the next rally, Aman should consider visiting all 50 states
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011