Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute teachamerica07 has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in .

What should I do ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Count me in.

[quote=thomachan72;331965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshvaid View Post
Rameshvaid, you are right the Dream act (as it is now) will not cover the legal kids. However, what we are trying to do is raise awareness and get people to gather together in support for including a provision for the legal kids into the bill as an amendment. It could be anything like "also to include children who are beneficiaries of an EB based GC application and have been waiting for more than 5 years and have fullfilled all requirements that are stated for the illegally present kids to be considered for a GC".
But for that to happen, we need to get enough number of people here (particularly people like you who have experienced/ experiencing this problem) and then as a BIG GROUP take action.

Individually calling/faxing might/might not make any effect as Pappu mentioned.

Please let us first gather more people.

to all who post/visit this thread try to also make small comments (without disturbing the discussion) in other threads too about this issue. Not in genuinely serious issues but threads like "who will be the Next Indian PM, what will be CIR be like, What is May bulletin going to look like" etc. These are threads intended to release pent up frustation and primarily for chatting with other people. We could insert comments about this issue in those very politely (Never be rude!! please).
Count me in and let me know if I could be of any help any hsape and form..

RV

Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=rameshvaid;331994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post

Count me in and let me know if I could be of any help any hsape and form..

RV
Thanks for the support. Slowly but surely the number is growing. Before we proceed we need clarification from seniors/core/experts who have dealt directly with EB issues, that our effort will not and is not in anyway contradicting / harming the general IV agenda. We are pretty sure that is not the case, particularly since we had some administrative level encouraging comments for this movement. Once we have this thread really energized and moving we can with mutual discussion and consultation with core decide upon the effective course to take. That might involve calling a particular senator or group of senators along with contacting media. This might involve donations (particularly to get core support to the max) from those of us who have not contributed much so far. Whatever the option, the initial goal is to get more of us into this thread and action NOW!!
LET THE EB KIDS CONCENTERATE ON STUDIES/SCHOOLING, WE THEIR BROTHERS/SISTERS/PARENTS WILL FIGHT FOR THEM.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all
Default Members in AOS - Please Join

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego View Post
One thing that most people here do not understand is that Universities have only two different categories for both admissions and Financial Aid: GC or Citizens get normal treatment. Everyone else, whether they are on AOS or H4 or any other status are considered International Students both in selection process and for Financial Aid. It is very simple - International Students are Not Eligible for Any Financial Aid. They will have to pay Full Fee, which is about 50k/yr in good Universities.

If DREAM Act covers Legal Kids, it will cover those in AOS too, which will enable them to get GC before their parents do and be eligible for selection as a local and for the Financial Aid that locals (GC and Citizens) are eligible.

Getting admission in good Universities is extremely difficult as an International Student as they tend to have a separate quota for international students, even though they refuse to admit publicly that they have such quotas.
As I mentioned above, this action will benefit several thousand AOS students also for their University Admissions and for getting Financial Aid.

So, Members in AOS - Please join this effort. This concerns your kids too!

Old 04-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_aged_out can only hope to improve

Good to see us gaining some slow but steady momentum...So far we have these users that have agreed to help us in this effort.

myself, indianabacklog, thomachan72, rego, yvjoshi100, legal_alien_007, sri1309, Pandi, Openarms, domainguru, rameshvaid, teachamerica07.

The other users have given positive feedback but have not directly mentioned that they will participate yet.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks that the list is small and many (atleast some) of them dont have personal stories to tell regarding this particular issue. What we have to do is impress upon our friends that even though only a few may be affected and out of them may be only a couple show up here, we still might be doing a great benefit for the affected kids as well as ourselves by joining together for this cause. Hope we soon have a great support among IV members. Try to keep this thread on top / post messages in

Old 04-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Hallooo everybody.. given up already???
I had a minor setback so am preoccupied with that a bit.. my LC has selected for the random audit.
Anyway please try to keep this goiing.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
domainguru will become famous soon enough

I don't think anybody has given up, I am guessing its the weekend effect.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashwinkumara has much to be proud of ashwinkumara has much to be proud of ashwinkumara has much to be proud of ashwinkumara has much to be proud of ashwinkumara has much to be proud of ashwinkumara has much to be proud of ashwinkumara has much to be proud of ashwinkumara has much to be proud of
Question 'WHAT ABOUT US, DREAM Act?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_aged_out View Post
Good to see us gaining some slow but steady momentum...So far we have these users that have agreed to help us in this effort.

myself, indianabacklog, thomachan72, rego, yvjoshi100, legal_alien_007, sri1309, Pandi, Openarms, domainguru, rameshvaid, teachamerica07.

The other users have given positive feedback but have not directly mentioned that they will participate yet.
As someone pointed out earlier, most people here on IV may not know about 'aging out' and the plight of families and children stuck in this situation. And if they do, they do not have direction to help you. It is plain ignorance and not unwillingness to help.

I would follow recommendations by pappu to make concrete efforts, in addition I suggest -

1) Call your cause 'WHAT ABOUT US, DREAM Act?' Type a brief background of what aged out means and how if affects LEGAL families. Brief written and YouTube stories of all aged out children and the hardships they are facing.
2) Request IV to make this a sticky so that it is on the front page of the forums and does not get pushed down.
3) List your plans and how IV members can help reach your goal.

Only a multi-pronged strategy with a single focus can achieve this result. Do not be disheartened that there only a minorty of people in your situation. I am sure once people understand the extreme hardships like 'rameshvaid' sending kids over to Canada, losing 2 years of education and discrimination by the proposed DREAM act, this issue will gain momentum.

This is not the time to be anonymous sufferers, this may be your one shot to get the language in the Dream act. Open a blog on IV, sell T-shirts or whatever it takes to get more publicity. This is America - you get noticed if you stand out and catch media attention to jolt people into action. Try to get your story to some reporters and tie it to the DREAM act.

I will help in any way I can.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinkumara View Post
As someone pointed out earlier, most people here on IV may not know about 'aging out' and the plight of families and children stuck in this situation. And if they do, they do not have direction to help you. It is plain ignorance and not unwillingness to help.

I would follow recommendations by pappu to make concrete efforts, in addition I suggest -

1) Call your cause 'WHAT ABOUT US, DREAM Act?' Type a brief background of what aged out means and how if affects LEGAL families. Brief written and YouTube stories of all aged out children and the hardships they are facing.
2) Request IV to make this a sticky so that it is on the front page of the forums and does not get pushed down.
3) List your plans and how IV members can help reach your goal.

Only a multi-pronged strategy with a single focus can achieve this result. Do not be disheartened that there only a minorty of people in your situation. I am sure once people understand the extreme hardships like 'rameshvaid' sending kids over to Canada, losing 2 years of education and discrimination by the proposed DREAM act, this issue will gain momentum.

This is not the time to be anonymous sufferers, this may be your one shot to get the language in the Dream act. Open a blog on IV, sell T-shirts or whatever it takes to get more publicity. This is America - you get noticed if you stand out and catch media attention to jolt people into action. Try to get your story to some reporters and tie it to the DREAM act.

I will help in any way I can.
Hi, just your words enough were a great help. I am sure, aged-out will take your advice and do something.
aged_out, please try to take into consideration whatever was said in this and other important posts and let us come up with a plan of action. I am sure you will succeed so just keep going.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

I am still around just busy at work end of the week and then with second job on the weekend to keep up with tuition costs. The trouble with having an F1 student in the house who cannot work.

I have already put up a post on youtube. if you type in 'the plight of young adults' it is first on the list.

We should direct as many people as possible to it and have then post comments.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_aged_out can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Hi, just your words enough were a

great help. I am sure, aged-out will take your advice and do

something.
aged_out, please try to take into consideration whatever was

said in this and other important posts and let us come up

with a plan of action. I am sure you will succeed so just

keep going.
I was thinking about this today and I came up with two plan

of action that we can get started with. Please suggest any

changes.

Plan 1

We obviously need media attention as we all

discussed earlier. I have never done anything like this

before, hopefully an experienced member can pitch in and help us out here. Anyways, we all need to come up with an article. Any of us who is excellent at writing can head this. The article should probably highlight two main elements...

(a) it should target the emotions of the audience. It should point out the pain that aged out students and their parents have to face. It should point out the family seperation that can occur. It should point out how this is not the kids' fault. It should point out the problems with the slow immigration system. Thus, on humanitarian grounds, it should request the audience to support this cause.

(b) the second element should point out the benefits of supporting such cause. It should point out that giving an opportunity to these students will help the country in a long run. It is a wise investment in which we don't want students who have grown up and studied here to leave with all the talent they have attained from this system. In other words, American tax-paper money was used to educate these students at free public-schools and subzidized public universities (on H4). This education earned can instead be used to power the American economy. We often complain about shortage of skilled workers. Giving these students an opportunity is an easy way to help fill the shortage for doctors, pharmacists, engineers etc. Not only will these students pay back the favor to the American tax-payers but they will probably pay that amount over and over again for years.

Plan 2

The plan above might gain the attention of a few but this plan will directly confront the Senators = lawmakers ! We really need to bring this to the attention of the senators. Belive it or not, these senators have probably not thought about the aged out kids when they considered this bill. We got to bring this to their attention ! So this is very important ! Here is what we will do....We will pick about 5-10 senators per week. We will call these senators, send letters, emails, and faxes. The undocumented student community have been doing this and so are the anti-immigrant groups such as numberusa and alipac. we got to join in and voice our support. For this plan 2 to work, we will need the help of few more members and we all need to do our tasks. Hopefully more members will voice their support for this cause !

I also like the youtube video that indianabacklog made. I will make one also this week as soon as I get some free time from studying/exams.

Everyone please check out indianabacklog's video and please comment. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5glEpWIET4

Last edited by i_aged_out; 04-05-2009 at 05:29 AM.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

I think the 2 action plan that you suggested are pretty good.
For the first:
1) we need somebody to draft a preliminary article (not too long and not too short either) and then post it here for others to comment.
2) we need members to list details of TV/other media that have used or corresponded with previously to highlight EB immigration issues. exact contact details will be greatly helpful.
3) Once the draft is finalized and ready with real names (examples) of affected individuals, we can communicate this to the media with lot of us calling simultaneously to press upon them the importance of the issue.

For the seccond
1) once the article is out in the media/youtube/other sources, we can chose the senators and then communicate with them by calling + emailing / faxing
2) people who are near by some of the major senators can meet them personally to bring this to their attention.

Let the action begin.........

Old 04-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold
Default Media opportunity

We are in touch with a local TV station in Indiana via a client of my husband's. We are hoping to have then run a short story in the very near future.

We are also personal friends with a state senator who we are hoping will point us in the right direction to get this message out.

On both fronts I will update as soon as I have any news.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:06 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
domainguru will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabacklog View Post
We are in touch with a local TV station in Indiana via a client of my husband's. We are hoping to have then run a short story in the very near future.

We are also personal friends with a state senator who we are hoping will point us in the right direction to get this message out.

On both fronts I will update as soon as I have any news.
That is very good to hear!