Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 03-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all
Default Funds

If this drive will need funds, I am willing to start by donating specifically for this cause.

This is definitely a way of highlighting the long wait times for the Legal Immigrants, and this seems to be the only Immigration related bill getting promoted at this time.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvjoshi100 View Post
Hi,
I am also a parent of a child who aged out just by 12 days. My case was also backlogged for Labor clearance for 4 years and then unfortunately my I140 got cleared in just 29 days without premium processing (it could have bee a boon for any one else, but not for me as I could not take benefit of CSPA provisions) .For last 4 years I have been living with this pain of possibility of me and my wife being separated from my son. We also followed all rules and despite that we are in this plight.
I am very much prepared to work with any one to bring our plight to the notice of all who matters to get law amended to give benefits of time taken for labor clearance for computing age of children under CSPA .I request all and more importantly to IV team to let me know how can I help our cause
Really sorry about your situation. Hope your son manages out a different route for the time being.
a bit of reality check:
1) The counter claim would be ilegal kids are here due to a criminal act of a parent and have no connection with any other country, have no label/destination etc
answer:- we certainly agree with that and empathise with those kids. They need to be taken care off for sure.
2) Evicting a minor ilegally present in a country will evoke tremendous sympathy and critical view of the immigration policy by the world as a whole.
answer:- again we certainly agree and wish that does not happen
Our request:-
A legal kid enters this country on the request of this country (asuming USA which is a christain country belives in a solid family which stays together). He accompanies his/her parents involuntarily. He/she starts recognizing this country as own at a very early age and stays here for long not even knowing what is happening to what they consider their homes. This country employes millions of skilled workers and many of them are here for many years along with their children. Even if the primary applicant is not accepted/denied/approved after >5-9 years, it is the responsibility on HUMANITARIAN basis to show justice to the new generation.
If somebody proposes a funding drive with clear goals, please go ahead and we will all contribute. if there is another plan pls come up with it here and we will all support.

Please keep this going.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legal_alien_007 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear your situation. If there is a concerted effort from someone in the IV community, i am more than willing to be a part of it.

For now, i will try calling my local senators and explain/highlight this problem.

PS: I think this is a much better use of our time than trying to guess the next bulletin dates.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed one thing. People in groups like IV have a thousand different types of problem and they scan the messages and skim past without even respondin if it does not directly pertain to them. I am surprised by the type of unity and support the ilegals have gained and I have no hesitation to say that they are infact the better people. Even their website is amazing. The unity is unimaginable and they all stand for each other. This is reality which we have to face. We all seem to be alone until some common issue arises. Unfortunately this does not seem to be it. Look at all the posts that are running into multiple pages!! and for this important issue that an agedout kid raised we have a few posters. Even the one on future Indian PM has demanded tremendous response. I am sure of one thing; unless a commonality arises for all these issues there will never be a true success for any of the EB demands. The reality seems harsh but unfortunately we have to somehow accept it.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_aged_out can only hope to improve

Thank you all for your support ! Finally a place where someone actually understand what I am talking about Appreciate all your support.

If we and our parents have followed the law, then we should also be allowed to benefit from this act. What makes us different from illegal kids ? Sure, the illegal kids probably face a tougher climb but we also have to go through hardships. It is easy to say that the legal kids can simply get H1B etc but these people don't understand the pain of this GC process....Forget GC, who will give BS students with barely any experience H1B sponsorship ? And who will pay those hefty student loans ? Fresh graduates with barely any experience are not highly skilled professionals with tons of experience like most H1Bs coming from India are. My 21st birthday sucked !

The main problem is that we are not making a loud noise like how other illegal immigrants do. They have several publications/Lobyists/media/latino communities that fight for this cause. Thus, you see these bills getting introduced even in this economy. The bill will most likely pass this year with so much support from the congress members.

I know we don't have those big support groups but we can only try our best and hope to make it eaier for our future generation applicants at least.

I agree with thomaschan72 in the previous post. Check out http://dreamact.info/forum these member have really took a lot of effort in repeatedly contacting these senators and have directly met with their representives ! Hopefully we can do the same and get them to at least notice this issue !!Please keep calling/emailing/faxing these senators.

In any case, the main sponsor of this bill is Sen. Richard Durbin and his contact number is 202-224-2152 Please tell him/his representive of this issue and don't get intimidated etc. Also call you local state senators from the link I posted in my first post.

Please let me know how else I can help out.

Last edited by i_aged_out; 03-30-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_aged_out can only hope to improve

I found a list of senator contact phone numbers on this forum in a different thread...here it is http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4853

Old 03-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
nousername is infamous around these parts

To begin with.. I feel bad for your family. I truly hope that things work out well for you guys at the end.

Now about the plan-of-action.. I might be totally wrong but I seriously doubt that these politicians will give an ear to our problems. Writing to them might not help. I would suggest approaching media guys (Anderson Cooper, Larry King, Glenn Beck, etc.). I am sure these media guys / gals have kids and might relate to the pain. Even if couple of these media guys start talking about this issue it will kick in a chain reaction. American families who might unwelcome immigrants are still humans with families and if they start talking about this issue (after media addresses it) then politicians will follow soon.

If regular American is not talking about a problem then we have a slim change.

Also, I am not a big fan of illegal’s getting preference but their voice is heard simply because they are in a bigger number.. couple of million legal v/s 12 – 14 million illegal.

Just my 2cent.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Default My 2 cents

Sorry to hear.

The lobby behind DREAM act is very powerful. Power derived from money and political clout based on vote bank politics.

They should include provisions to cover the children of people who abided the laws. If they don't, not a bad idea to try to seek media exposure.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
nousername is infamous around these parts
Default Get MEDIA Involved

Also, if we decide to do something like this (contact media people) then it has to be done in an old fashion way i.e. US Mail.

Here is a draft I just came up with.. Please feel free to alter it or make it better. (keep it short and simple).

__________________________________________________ _______________________
Dear ..........,

I understand that economy is everyone's top priority and so is mine. At the same time both of us know that sooner or later economy has to come back up but by then my son / daughter / nephew / etc.. will be out of his/her legal status simply because we played by rules.

........... (Recipient Name), I am an "LEGAL IMMIGRANT" who patiently has been waiting for my PR since ABC Years. Now after ABC years my child who is turning 21 will be thrown out of the US as the Dream Act does not cover children of legal immigrant families.

In short my family will be divided if Dream Act does not include legal immigrant families .

My family would truly appreciate if you can please help us by addressing in your next show.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Plus real life situations will help.. Unfortunately, I can not offer any real life examples as I don't have kids yet. What I can do though is to send letter as a legal immigrant as I am part of this community.

Last edited by nousername; 03-30-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Typo Change and Adding Title

Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all
Default Added iReport

I just added an iReport in CNN. I hope this will be a beginning to create awareness and promote action for this cause.

iReport is at

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-237786

Old 03-31-2009, 09:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5glEpWIET4

We have posted this on youtube. Please have everyone you know look at it. Most people have no idea about the immigration backlogs and anomalies.

We are working on getting one of our local TV stations run a story on this too! Will keep you posted.

Come on IV if we can get this story out it will be clear to everyone how long we have to wait for our cases to get adjudicated legally. This story could lead to finally sharing our plight with the general public.

Just because it does not affect you directly now it really could help you in the future.

Just take a moment or two to help your fellow legal immigrants.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

congradulations indianabacklog and rego. rego I posted a comment supporting your posting. It might take some time to appear though. Anybody who is working to highlight this issue and win support, PLEASE POST the help that others can do for you. Let us know if there is any specific person (radio/tv/politician etc) that we can call to boost your efforts or let us know if contributing some money might help. IV has many very powerful members and I hope atleast some will take up this cause which might help all of us. I would suggest all IV members including those without kids / kids who are very young (like mine) / kids who were born US citizens, to take up this issue. This might not directly pertain to you or me but when we fight for those who were affected or might be affected in this year or in the next 4-5 years, we are indirectly showing solidarity with the whole EB issue. We are essentially fighting the injustice of the excessive and purposeful delays in the system.
Currently the media/politicians are not even aware of this issue faced by legal kids. If we are foolish not to raise this issue then I dont see any point in the efforts of IV.
THE APPROACH OF TRYING TO STRENGTHEN A DAM BY SEALING OFF 2 OUT OF 5 LEAKING AREAS WILL NOT WORK. WE HAVE TO TRY TO STOP ALL THE LEAKS AND THE DAM WILL STAY STRONG.
now most of the IV members are probably thinking that we have taken efforts to reduce the backlogg / repapture lost vias / increase efficiency etc, but they are forgetting that in the current economic scenario the DREAM act is possibly the only one that can be helpful to highlight the issues faced by the backlog. The others will not work now particularly when you have senators calling for reducing H1b numbers etc.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepikak can only hope to improve
Default How about posting these messages on facebook as well

I would suggest posting our legal immigration issues on face book, myspace on a large scale would bring popular media attention to our issues. I watch CNN every day and always see that they pick popular stuff from face book, myspace . these are just my thoughts.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legal_alien_007 is on a distinguished road

^^^^^

Old 03-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold
Default Do not forget to call your senator and or congressman about this

How many people have viewed this and simply ignore the plight of these children who are left out in the cold?

Anyone viewing this thread please take a couple of minutes of your time to call your senator and ask that the least we can ask is that they get included in the DREAM act. It is not a lot to ask of you all and certainly not a lot to ask that those who followed the rules get the same chance as those who did not.

If enough people call then maybe somebody will hear us.