Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
byeusa is on a distinguished road

Count me in....

Some one asked why Sept 13th. There has been a lot of thought put in picking that date I guess. It can not be Friday or Monday as these are not the days when the majority of lawmakers are in tranist from their home constituencies I guess. Lets make it a success. I will bring some posters along.

Long live IV, we will make it happen... Go IV Go.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2007, 02:18 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future
Default I am in..

I will attend with my wife. Will try to bring some friends as well.
Coming from AZ...

Last edited by amits; 07-30-2007 at 02:36 AM.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:27 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future
Default Please explain

Hi Logic Life,

I am fairly new to this forum. Could you please explain to us as to how you came up with the number of participants as 10,000? Is it based on the number of IV members in and around DC?

PS: I am calling all my NY and NJ friends to attend this rally in Washington DC, and make it as a very successful event.

Regards,
IK

Last edited by inskrish; 07-30-2007 at 02:48 AM.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold

This is Great!!! Already received first batch of confirmations from members in CA, MI, TX, MN, AZ, NJ, IL, IN, NY, VA, NV, PA, GA, FL. I can already feel the positive energy flowing here.

If possible, please consider to be in DC on Sept 13th and Sept 14th. We will arrange for meetings with the office of the Senators and Congressmen on Friday (9/14). So we could all go in the groups of 100-200 from each state to meet with every office. IV community has grown substantially and we believe that the Rally, along with the meetings on the Hill with the office of lawmakers, will turn the tide of this debate. This will bring our issues to the forefront and part of the national debate. There is lot of activity going on and our rally is perfectly timed. If ever we could participate to change the course of EB green card provisions, then this is it. It may be slightly inconvenient to travel during the week and you may have to take 1-2 days off from work. But in the end, you will see that it is well worth it. Also, if you ask the participants of San Jose rally, everyone who participated in the San Jose rally will tell you their sense of satisfaction from participating in that rally. This is our chance to make the difference and we think that this rally will be extremely consequential for the entire EB green card debate.

We will urge all members to maybe talk to your friends and find out if it would be feasible to rent a bus from your city/area. IV will try to provide assist and help with the arrangements in every possible way. More importantly, our families are the silent soldiers of this effort, so all members are requested to please attend the rally with your family. I am sure that we will see new ideas emerge in next 6 weeks as the discussion about the rally picks up steam.

As we already know that rally in DC will demand a massive mobilization, planning and coordination. So we need help from everybody for making this a SUCCESS. Lets all have a constructive dialogue with our colleagues, friends and neighbors about attending the rally, together.

Thanks,
Recd green card in June 2007

Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
pdakwala will become famous soon enough pdakwala will become famous soon enough

Very well explained waldenPond.

Senators needs to feel the pressure. When IV members from different states meet their office in DC the lawmakers will do everything to bring our issues to the forefront and part of the national debate.

Everyone gets 2-3 weeks official vacation. There is enough time and so please inform your company and take 2 days time off from work.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carpooling, group reservations etc

If you live within 300-400 miles of DC and want to drive and carpool with a fellow IV member in your city, go here

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Also, use that subforum for group reservations. A lot of sites like expedia and hotwire offer huge discounts if you book tickets in big number. If you live in a bigger city, then you can co-ordinate with friends and book reservations in groups.

But DO NOT let the group forming hold you up. IF you cant find someone, then just book your travel alone ahead of time. Its still 6 more weeks to go and tickets are available at discounts right now coz its still early.

Last edited by logiclife; 07-30-2007 at 04:32 AM.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by byeusa
Count me in....

Some one asked why Sept 13th. There has been a lot of thought put in picking that date I guess. It can not be Friday or Monday as these are not the days when the majority of lawmakers are in tranist from their home constituencies I guess. Lets make it a success. I will bring some posters along.

Long live IV, we will make it happen... Go IV Go.
Monday and friday are bad coz lawmakers are travelling. We have either Tuesday, Wed or thursday.

Tuesday is September 11th and therefore out of question coz immigration rally cannot be attention grabber on Sept 11th anniversary.

Wednesday is middle of week that would require max number of days off from work.

Thursday is good coz you can spend one more day and you have weekend following immediately and therefore more flexibility in choosing travel dates if you plan to fly in.

Hence Sept 13th.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future
Default will be there

I will be there. Count me in!
I can take up to 4 members from rockland/westchester area. Send me a PM regarding this.
G

Last edited by glus; 07-30-2007 at 08:13 AM.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute
Default planning to be there..

..with family. I will try to convince as many people from work as possible. If someone doesn't want to come, then they rather never use the word GC again.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2003
Compare
gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough
Default Will be there

Way to go...see you all there.
I don't contribute anymore..I have become a student giving up my well paid job...but will participate in one time contributions when possible.
Yes, Was there at the historic rally!
Send the letters the President and IV.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." -- Winston Churchill

Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2000
Compare
Sampath7768 will become famous soon enough Sampath7768 will become famous soon enough
Default Standing out in DC thro our rally

Sr. Members,

Great Idea!

One suggestion. How can make this a unique rally? I guess in DC, there will be rallys on a daily basis.

We are technology workers. Can we make this a unique / standout rally ! by wearing say white shirt and a tie (for Gentleman) and similar formal dress for ladies.

Imagine 10,000 member formal dressed rally!!

Just a suggestion.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikrantp is infamous around these parts
Default Willing to book Travel for 1 Core team Member on my Airline Miles

I would definitely join.. In addition to that I am willing to book travel for one core member on my Airline miles. This is the least I can do in appreciation with all the effort and time the core team has put in to make a lot of things happen..

Please PM me to discuss logistics or if you want me to contact anyone..

I would urge other members who have miles to spare ..to do the same.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light

Count me in.

I will be driving to DC for the sep 13th rally and interested folks plz PM me and we can coordinate . If there are more folks we can rent a minivan.

I will be starting from CT(New London) and will drive all the way down on I95.
Folks in the vicinity of I84/I-91 (Danbury, Hartford) we can work out something.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
rck4evr is on a distinguished road
Default DC Rally

Count me in.....

Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough
Default State Chapters should Car Pool for travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
Monday and friday are bad coz lawmakers are travelling. We have either Tuesday, Wed or thursday.

Tuesday is September 11th and therefore out of question coz immigration rally cannot be attention grabber on Sept 11th anniversary.

Wednesday is middle of week that would require max number of days off from work.

Thursday is good coz you can spend one more day and you have weekend following immediately and therefore more flexibility in choosing travel dates if you plan to fly in.

Hence Sept 13th.

I would suggest that state chapters should organize and Car Pool to make easier to travel from Near by state.

NJ Members: Please let me know who is planning to attend.