Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_aged_out can only hope to improve
Thumbs up Please help me and other aged out students

Hello everyone, this is my first post here I'm happy to see such a big immigration community here.

Little about me....I came to this country as a 13yr old kid on H4 visa. My parents had filed for employment based GC. Unfortunately, due to our application being sent to some backlog center and other visa delays, I turned 21 and just aged out in a matter of days. I do not qualify under CSPA even after age-freeze calculations. Ever since that, my life has become rough I had to save myself by switching to F1 visa and pay huge international fees to continue my Bachelors degree....next, who will hire a bachelors degree student with no experience + h1b sponsorship etc. What if I was say....a non-engineering student (like Social Science/Biology etc majors) where H1B jobs are very limited to none. Many aged-out kids can't even go back to their country as many of us have our family here and no one there. We have been raised here and have our life + friends are here. Many of us will be forced to apply for graduate programs and pay more international fees.

Anyways, I posted this thread to ask you guys to help me and other aged out kids.

For a couple years now, I have closely been following a bill called "Dream Act" which helps undocumented aliens who were brought here before the age of 16, to get permanent residency because they came here without their consent and are now leading a horrible life. The full text of this can be found here - http://immigration-law.com/Temporary%20II.html

The problem is that this bill is most likely meant for illegal immigrant children only but I don't know for sure because the bill does not state it directly. Couple of them on a different forum have told me that, us aged-out kids will qualify while couple other pointed out the phrase "inadmissible or deportable" in the text of the bill.

This bill finally got re-introduced this week and will soon get voted upon. I have been calling/emailing/faxing senators to help cover the legal students as well in this bill. I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle because there are only a few of us who are in this situation and we can't make a big noise like how other illegal immigrants do...I am sure there are a few other here who are in this situation or have kids who are about to age out or have already aged out. Others who are not in this situation probably understand our pain....so please help me in contacting our senators....It's a common and simple systematic process that a lot of people do when a bill is about to get voted on. Here is the list of senators and their contact addresses. http://dreamact.info/senators

Calling is the most effective method. But many of you will be hesitant to talk on the phone. Many of you wont have the time. In that case, please contact them through letters, email, or fax.

Send FAX online: http://americasvoiceonline.org/page/...ut/DaretoDream

Send Letter online: http://www.change.org/ideas/932/view..._the_dream_act

Thanks for reading this long post
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.