Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 04-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough
Default Lets do something about the I140 dates moving BACK!!!

Guys..this is total discrimination and laziness on USCIS part..enough is enough, we have sat quietly for past 9 months after filing..has anybody asked them WHY they are so late in processing applications especially when before June/july/aug - they were processing 140 in 1 month or less (Without premium) and now even 9 months later people are waiting and made to wait more ???

WHy retrogessed dates in PROCESSING 140 ???? - NO RHYME OR REASON FOR THIS - THIS CLEARLY VIOLATES THEIR OWN ADMISSION AND ASSURANCES OF PROCESSING BASED ON FIFO...BECAUSE NOW FIFO IS CLEARLY NOT BEING FOLLOWED. HOW COME DATES MOVED BACK FROM AUG15 TO NOW JULY 16 ??? THis is just to make people pay the higher fees for EAD and H1 extensions...these guys want the money that they did not get from us...earlier...I THINK SOME SENSIBLE ORGANIZATION LIKE IV, AILA AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO REALLY WANT TO HELP LEGAL IMMIGRANTS SHUD FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS TERRIBLE TREATMENT.

I urge every member here to stand up and voice their anger, lets start some campaign and write to Zoe Lofgren , she helped us last time and we cud get something done...we have waited enuff...PLEASE LET US UNITE AND FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by here4gc; 04-22-2008 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Final cry of despair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough
Default We have always been submissive....

Guys...come'n...we were submissive, tolerant and the british crushed us...we are tolerant and nice and working our asses OFF..we PAY MORE TAXES than the AVERAGE american, we EARN MUCH MUCH MORE than the average american...this country is supposed to treat us fairly...i know NaySayers will ask me..why I am here then..but if thats the case..and when life treats you unfair..u do fight back..u don't ask..when you are sick...why was I born ?? right ??? you go and get treatment..u fight disease..when u are falling down..u don't ask why there is gravity..u try to fight falling down...don't ask WHY...see HOW ? ASK HOW ? - guys...ASK and YOU SHALL RECEIVE..the BIGGEST example was the JULY visa bulletin..we asked, we fought...we WON...we need to do this again....IV ....come to our rescue and help us all ....and help us help ourselves...LETS DO SOMETHING GUYS...the IRON IS HOT!!

Old 04-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by here4gc View Post
Guys...come'n...we were submissive, tolerant and the british crushed us...we are tolerant and nice and working our asses OFF..we PAY MORE TAXES than the AVERAGE american, we EARN MUCH MUCH MORE than the average american...this country is supposed to treat us fairly...i know NaySayers will ask me..why I am here then..but if thats the case..and when life treats you unfair..u do fight back..u don't ask..when you are sick...why was I born ?? right ??? you go and get treatment..u fight disease..when u are falling down..u don't ask why there is gravity..u try to fight falling down...don't ask WHY...see HOW ? ASK HOW ? - guys...ASK and YOU SHALL RECEIVE..the BIGGEST example was the JULY visa bulletin..we asked, we fought...we WON...we need to do this again....IV ....come to our rescue and help us all ....and help us help ourselves...LETS DO SOMETHING GUYS...the IRON IS HOT!!
What can we really do?

Old 04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BeCoolGuy will become famous soon enough
Default Lets do something about the I140 dates moving BACK!!!

Easy easy!!! U joining politics soon after the GC approval? U remind me of Uma Bharati's fieary speaches..

Atleast this govt and this system is working for you... and all those SS taxes that you pay, trust me, you'll get great money back at the retirement time.. my uncle who owns a convenience store in USA (for last 30 years) retired and is now getting 1200 per month as SS benefits. Whereas, due to the high taxes I have paid as an H1b(IT Consultant), in just last 9 years, my current SS benefits allow me to earn 1700 per month upon retirement. so dont worry, that money is not going anywhere.. unless the whole SS Benefits system defaults ...

Old 04-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
sbvw76 is on a distinguished road
Default Texas

TSC might moved back because lots of cases are moved from NSC to TSC for I140.
-Got EAD & AP.FP done.
-Got 2nd EAD & AP ( EAD for 2 Years)
-Got 3rd EAD & AP Approved ( COMBO for just 1 yr)
-Contributed $300 so far..
-Sent letter to President & copied IV
-Sent letters to Senators

Old 04-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
xtronics is on a distinguished road

This is a tremor for me. I agree.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
maverick_joe will become famous soon enough maverick_joe will become famous soon enough

this is true, mine was filed in April 2007 and was moved from NSC to TSC a couple of days back, and I see this happening for many others too..which explains the dates moving back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbvw76 View Post
TSC might moved back because lots of cases are moved from NSC to TSC for I140.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ansh78 is on a distinguished road
Default I-140

I filed my I-140 in May 2007 (Regular) to NSC still pending. Don't see any updates on mine. I guess we have to wait for another 2-3 months to get approval.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Dates in my profile..

Hey..my dates are :

Labor 1 - Filed Nov 2003 - stuck in BEC for 3.5 years
Moved to Diff employer and used Labor Sub (PD March 2002), filed I140 and 485 in July 2007. Recd AP, no FP yet. Filed my 7'th year H1b extension based on Pd 2002 labor. I don't know which date to use, thats why my profile is empty :-)

Guys..I have a fair amount of idea on what we can do. I definitely need people's support. Here is what I think - please feel free to add/modify/update as you feel and we will move along :

1) We create a letter to Zoe Lofgren, CC to AILA, (I don't know if we should include Mr Chertoff/Ombudsman or anybody else, Gurus please comment).
2) We focus on 3 things :
a) Mode of processing the I140 applications
b) People stuck because i140's are not processed and 485 dates are
current - therefore no order in processing.
c) We ask for more transperancy OR Audits to be placed on USCIS processing times by AILA - aided by Ombudsman office because Legal immigrant community is fedup with the random processing algorithms of the USCIS.
3) We all sign this online (Maybe use names and addresses).
4) We print this out and send it. I can come up with the initial draft within next couple of hours. Target is to send it out on Monday.

Please let me know what you guys think. The dates moving back this way has made a mockery out of our patience, goodness and has shown that there really is no future for a Legal immigration in this country.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
zephyrr has a spectacular aura about zephyrr has a spectacular aura about
Default dates not indicative anyway

clearly, the dates don't mean much. my receipt date for 140 is jul 2nd, even when they were showing aug 15, i didn't get my 140 approved. many others from the same region in my company got approvals for 140s filed in august and september 2007!

totally meaningless, you are better off flipping a coin then rationalizing date predictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by here4gc View Post
Guys..this is total discrimination and laziness on USCIS part..enough is enough, we have sat quietly for past 9 months after filing..has anybody asked them WHY they are so late in processing applications especially when before June/july/aug - they were processing 140 in 1 month or less (Without premium) and now even 9 months later people are waiting and made to wait more ???

WHy retrogessed dates in PROCESSING 140 ???? - NO RHYME OR REASON FOR THIS - THIS CLEARLY VIOLATES THEIR OWN ADMISSION AND ASSURANCES OF PROCESSING BASED ON FIFO...BECAUSE NOW FIFO IS CLEARLY NOT BEING FOLLOWED. HOW COME DATES MOVED BACK FROM AUG15 TO NOW JULY 16 ??? THis is just to make people pay the higher fees for EAD and H1 extensions...these guys want the money that they did not get from us...earlier...I THINK SOME SENSIBLE ORGANIZATION LIKE IV, AILA AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO REALLY WANT TO HELP LEGAL IMMIGRANTS SHUD FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS TERRIBLE TREATMENT.

I urge every member here to stand up and voice their anger, lets start some campaign and write to Zoe Lofgren , she helped us last time and we cud get something done...we have waited enuff...PLEASE LET US UNITE AND FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
welcome notice: may 21 2008
contrib: $300, flower campaign, letters

Old 04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Another little Idea...

Can we have an attorney draft this ? - I am sure it will provide them with some mileage as well...I mean if they want to..

I am willing to contribute towards the cost for the draft...what about you guys ?

IV - we need you guys here..we are incomplete without your support.

PS : One thing I have noticed on forums is naysayers, I would humbly request - if you have even the slightest doubt, please do not join this action, I guess even 100 signatures with a draft from an attorney will be a good start...

All are welcome...its YOUR movement really...

Old 04-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default the dates don't mean..

Zephyr..the dates 'Should' mean something...that is the BIGGEST thing I have a problem with...why publish meaningless dates at all ??? - this is like public cheating...like PC SOrcar doing a magic show..except that we are the guinea pigs..infact all of us and our families...will u support this action ?

Old 04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Guys..I am still working on the draft...but it looks like 1174 people - saw this thread but not 1 comment...even a single word 'YES' or 'I Support' - will do...I am not doing this without you guys...we are all in it or nobody is...

Old 04-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future

We are here to help you.
+ Donation
-----------------------
Arrived Aug 14th 1999
Working from 2003
PD Feb 2007
I-485 Applied:08/02/07
I-485 Approval revived: Aug 14th 2011

GREENED after 12 years

Old 04-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future

Here4gc,

We are with you and ready to support whichever way it may require