Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 08-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydiptac View Post
There are approx 50,000 cases in EB3 (INDIA) that are preadjudicated (you can do the math based on the USCIS latest press releases). Assuming your case is one of them.
And From the recent poll in IV approx 5% of all EB3 I applicants have older pds than u. So ~2500 people are waiting before you. i.e. 2500 x 2 = 5000 visas roughly required to get to you. 2800 visas per year ( I seriously doubt this though, how come there is no movement of EB3 I dates in the last 1 year?). Anyways attempting to stay positive. That means it will take 5000/2800 years= ~1.8 years -> hence my estimate - u get GC by 2011.

Now my question is it worth this wait? All my friends in other countries have reached Director level in their respective corporations. By definition u & I are still doing the same thing that we started in 2002 as EB3. We have already paid a very heavy price. for what? To shoulder the largest fiscal debt in the history of mankind?
this is exactly what i am talking about........me and my 2 other friends/co-workers left india in 2004........one went to canada, one to uk and me 2 US.....now both of them have citizenship and properties and take long vacations to india while i am still dreaming of getting GC sometime in 2020!!!.....is this the great american dream??
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute

We all chose to be here like that.. and planning to continue be in the same situation carrying a sense of desperation and furstation in our everyday life.
The reason I am saying "Planning to continue" as we all can see the efforts of IV but still have not made up the mind to donate. I mean how much is a $25 or $50 , a few beers or a night in club.. or we know it all.

I would suggest lets all donate and support IV and I think apart from efforts by IV there is no hope.

<B>If you still see a ray of light at the end of tunnel, dude thats the light of the incoming train.</B>

Adios

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC4US will become famous soon enough GC4US will become famous soon enough
Default Spillover of eb2 Row...where?

Could someone tell me please....if there are some spillover from EB2 ROW....where are the visas going? is it Eb2 Row ---> Eb3 Row or Eb2 India?

Thanks in advance!
Approval notice - Oct.27th
Physical Ead on Nov.1st
Fingerprints: Dec 4th

Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
alisa is just really nice alisa is just really nice alisa is just really nice alisa is just really nice
Default In India, the NRI Groom Goes Out of Style

On India's vast array of matchmaking web sites, horoscopes are being replaced by income statements. Questions about family history are being dwarfed by questions about potential layoffs. And the U.S.-based, NRI (Non Resident India) groom once the most coveted prize at the top of the Indian matrimonial hierarchy and seen by many families in India as their daughter's ticket to a better life has become the latest casualty of the world's economic downturn.

On India's Matchmaking Sites, the NRI Groom Goes Out of Style - TIME

Old 08-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2009
Compare
kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC4US View Post
Could someone tell me please....if there are some spillover from EB2 ROW....where are the visas going? is it Eb2 Row ---> Eb3 Row or Eb2 India?

Thanks in advance!
EB2 spill over is distributed to EB2. All EB2 ROW spill over is distributed to EB2 retrogressed countries (India and China). That's why those to have same PD cutoff in the last quarter of the fiscal year.
I 140 approved: Sep 2008 Nebraska Service Center
EB1A: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
EB2 NIW: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
I-485 filed Dec 2009
I-485 approved April 2010

Old 08-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold
Default One more Month -

Next month will be key for me. If nothing happens to EB3 date then its high time to take a chance with porting the date to EB2. There won't be any policy change from this administration.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
brawn81 has a spectacular aura about brawn81 has a spectacular aura about brawn81 has a spectacular aura about
Default We dont need a GC

Hi,

I think this might have been proposed before but I support this because its resonable for everybody. We should negotiate such that if there is no recapture they should relax the rules like

1. Allowing of filing I-485 regardless of visa availability after I-140 is cleared.
2. Should give 3 year EAD and AP.
3. After 360 days of I-485 filing they can do anykind of job (no restrictions) and if they lose job there should be a grace period of 180 days.

For relaxation of these rules I think there will be less opposition and they are not giving any new green cards, at the same time we dont need a green card if the rules are like this. Everybody happy.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold
Default couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by 485Mbe4001 View Post
It is not just EB3 I...wait and see EB3 ROW will be impacted too. Why have EB3 I's given up:-

1) Most of us have lost hope after years of 'hope' we see nothing in the future that will reduce the queue. The many who relied on the 'Great Hope' should just look at the health care reform and see how smooth the process is. Frankly the 'Great Hope' has many more things to worry about than a bunch of EB's wating for GC's
2) Immigration reform has become all or nothing and we get crushed because any bill that has to be pass will include something for illegals or a host of other issues that are all sure to cause a rukus and sideline the whole deal. Our requirement is simple compare to others.
3) Recapture was the best hope...according to me... the only hope but there is nothing in the horizon to show that we will get such a bill. Plus there are few who will work towards recapture.
4) I dont say this lightly and neither am i trying to create a controversy but most of the changes over the last couple of years have helped EB2's (or limited groups) and also served to drive a wedge between the already fractured community. Changes like 2 year EADs have helped but they just lead people to hope, to be honest GC should be the goal..relief is just what it is a drop of water or a mirage in the desert.
5) When the horizontal spillover rule was changed to vertical the biggest beneficiaries were EB2 I's. Earlier there was some home that the slow progress would help people get together and work towards a common goal. Now EB 2's feel that GC will be approved in 2-3 yrs (could happen, but i am not sure) but most will now not work for anything that will impact their progress...which is understandable and natural.

Over the last 2 years of trying to do something i have realized the following ( by 'we' i dont mean IV, just 'we' as in the generic EB applicant)
a) Again...recapture was our only hope...linking our hopes to CIR will doom us in every which way till sunday. In the long term, the short term measures screwed up big time, they helped a few but overall they just drove a wedge between the would haves and probably never haves.
b)most of the politicians are windbags who will just go with the popular opinion. They will show sympathy to your problem but everything is tied to polls and votes in the house and senate that cannot get anything done (even if they want to).
b) Most of the EB's either live in a state of constant denial or intermittent hope. We all talk a good game and we disappear when the time comes to deliver something.
c) We talk, chat, tweet have pakodas (or your local ethnic dish) feel good and go home.
d) we are more interested in presenting ideas, instead of working towards fulfilling a proposed idea. if anything is proposed a bunch will analyze it to death the rest will come up grand plans with new proposals while the original lies in the dust with few supporters.
I guess each is going through his/her own form of the seven stages of EB grief, when we reach the last stage we will be ready to do something....the only problem...we might be too late by then

puts everything in a perspective. Since it is again an election year, I have no hopes of CIR getting passed next year. I think IV should try for a piecemeal recapture bill this year only. If no piecemeal legislations are allowed this year, we are simply doomed. As for spending money on lobbying efforts - it looks like a waste of effort. It would rather be spent on Media coverage on our plight etc.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cpriyanka is on a distinguished road
Default this would be really helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawn81 View Post
Hi,

I think this might have been proposed before but I support this because its resonable for everybody. We should negotiate such that if there is no recapture they should relax the rules like

1. Allowing of filing I-485 regardless of visa availability after I-140 is cleared.
2. Should give 3 year EAD and AP.
3. After 360 days of I-485 filing they can do anykind of job (no restrictions) and if they lose job there should be a grace period of 180 days.

For relaxation of these rules I think there will be less opposition and they are not giving any new green cards, at the same time we dont need a green card if the rules are like this. Everybody happy.
This would be really helpful for lot of families. Particularly #2 and #3.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cpriyanka is on a distinguished road
Default preadjudicated cases count - is that including family memebers?

Quote:
There are approx 50,000 cases in EB3 (INDIA) that are preadjudicated (you can do the math based on the USCIS latest press releases). Assuming your case is one of them.
And From the recent poll in IV approx 5% of all EB3 I applicants have older pds than u. So ~2500 people are waiting before you. i.e. 2500 x 2 = 5000 visas roughly required to get to you. 2800 visas per year ( I seriously doubt this though, how come there is no movement of EB3 I dates in the last 1 year?). Anyways attempting to stay positive. That means it will take 5000/2800 years= ~1.8 years -> hence my estimate - u get GC by 2011.

Now my question is it worth this wait? All my friends in other countries have reached Director level in their respective corporations. By definition u & I are still doing the same thing that we started in 2002 as EB3. We have already paid a very heavy price. for what? To shoulder the largest fiscal debt in the history of mankind?
preadjudicated cases count - is that including family memebers? Or is it just employee count? (i.e just primary applicants)?

Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpriyanka View Post
preadjudicated cases count - is that including family memebers? Or is it just employee count? (i.e just primary applicants)?
2 ways to look at it.

1.There is no future.
2.Future is in your own hands.

Normally i go with 2.

In this case 1.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gauravsh will become famous soon enough

well, I personally dont think that much time is worth waiting. At india in next 7-10 years we can get a very higer paying position like CTO,PROGRAM MANAGER etc but here we have to do same job.
If some one is hoping for citizenship, than add 5 more years. Guys do we really want to be wait that long?

Things becomes more complicated with aging parents, they need support.

Again its matter of personal choice but seriously this wait is killing all other things in life. To wait for 7-11 years just to get ability to work for any employer or to start own company or the ability to reenter usa without visa, All this things can be done at India with more peace and offcourse if you start a company at India in next 7-11 years, it can grow to substaincial firm.

just my 2 paisa!!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of
Default It's not EB2 vs. EB3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 485Mbe4001 View Post
5) When the horizontal spillover rule was changed to vertical the biggest beneficiaries were EB2 I's. Earlier there was some home that the slow progress would help people get together and work towards a common goal. Now EB 2's feel that GC will be approved in 2-3 yrs (could happen, but i am not sure) but most will now not work for anything that will impact their progress...which is understandable and natural. [/b]
I am EB2-I. I was volunteering for IV before the "horizontal spillover" and I am still volunteering after the "horizontal spillover".
How many EB3-Is, compared to the total number affected, have come out and done something?
The point is it's not EB2 or EB3 but one's motivation and willingness to fight against the injustice is what brings one out to work for IV. At least it's true for me.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of
Default Disheartened

Hi EB3 Folks,
Whenever I come to work, I check this site everyday, hoping that some miracle will happen. Some news will come, some bill, some stupid fiasco of INS that will move the dates forward. But I guess miracle doesn't happen and INS doesn't do same mistake again. My PD is December 2003 and when I applied my position was of a Programmer analyst. I made a mistake of doing my MS here that also in an unrelated field ( Mathematical Finance) and I was hoping I will be able to progress my career after completing my MS and getting my CFA. But, I have been proved wrong. Because of the GC situation and the restriction on continuing in the same or similar profession, I have not been able to look for any job. Hope and dream are only two things people live their live with but the current situation has made me and maybe many other hopeless. I talked with my lawyer regarding moving to EB2 but I was strongly discouraged looking at the economic situation of the country. I also don't have my H1B anymore(working on EAD) so that leaves me without any hope for Canada even.I will continue to dream on and on to get my GC after many more years.

sanjuu

Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

Your post really got me thinking... all my friends in India have reached very high, infact i stopped calling most because i had nothing good to report. Even the ones who returned during the last recession did well. As we wait we cannot take major decisions, life on the other hand keeps moving, for example, children get used to the US education system which makes it more and more difficult to uproot everything and return. Even if we get a GC it will take 5-6 more years to get a citizenship...will it be worth it...probably not, as most of our productive years will be spent waiting...

Quote: