Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all
Default Validity date on Renewed AP

My current AP expires on 2 Aug 2009. I applied for renewal on 2 May and it was approved on the 20th. But the validity is only till 19 may 2010 and not 2 aug 2010.

I have lost almost 3 months here. Is it normal or a special case that i need to call USCIS?

Please advise.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

No it is normal. I also got AP same day, mine was going to expire 28-Aug. Same validity - 20 -may.

But I dont care, because for me only expense is photographs and mail charges. I filed under new fee structure.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt View Post
No it is normal. I also got AP same day, mine was going to expire 28-Aug. Same validity - 20 -may.

But I dont care, because for me only expense is photographs and mail charges. I filed under new fee structure.
Thank you for the immediate response.

I did under the old structure and need to pay renewal fees everytime.

How long did it take for the document to reach you after approval?

Thanks

Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desitechie View Post
Thank you for the immediate response.

I did under the old structure and need to pay renewal fees everytime.

How long did it take for the document to reach you after approval?

Thanks
3-4 days. These days they are fast on approvals. Best thing is to apply AP within 120 days range and apply EAD when 100 days away from expiry. Atleast you will get 2 years EAD and dont need to pay again.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of

I'd do the reverse. I am currently working on EAD so I dont want any issues with being without an EAD for even a day. I'd apply exactly at the 120 day mark. Even if I lose some valdity, its ok.
As far as AP is concerned, I dont mind if it comes a bit later or even after the previous one has expired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt View Post
3-4 days. These days they are fast on approvals. Best thing is to apply AP within 120 days range and apply EAD when 100 days away from expiry. Atleast you will get 2 years EAD and dont need to pay again.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.