Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
flowerpower is on a distinguished road
Default Unsure if I have aged out, but 485 pending

My father filed for an EB-3 and was given a priority date of July 2003. We filed for the I-485 and I-140 concurrently, but our I-485 was approved before the I-140. So our I-485 was approved in July 3, 2007, but our I-140 was not approved until August 25, 2007. I am currently working on an EAD and my status is I-485 pending.

In 2007, I was still 19 at the time of approval. My understanding is that under the CSPA, I am protected even though I am now 22 years and 2 months because I was under 21 at the time of approval. The reason why we are not sure if my age is 'locked' is because my mother talked to a lawyer who said that the only way for my age to be locked is if the I-140 was approved BEFORE the I-485. However, my company's lawyer said that the I-140 approval date is only necessary for calculating my age if I was close to age 21 at the time of approval, and in my case, my age is definitely locked in.

I'd appreciate it if someone can weigh in on this; I have done alot of research but am having a hard time finding any information regarding the approval dates issue. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Age is locked as sson as you apply for I-485

My understanding is that your age is locked as soon as you apply for I-485 and is not dependent on any approvals.

BTW: If your I485 is approved, why didn't you have your GC?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote