Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 04-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all
Default In-State Tuition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightsider View Post
Have been reading this thread with anguish. This is an important issue and needs to be taken up. Need to mention two points.

First, I have written to our Senator, more than a week ago. I know, I should have posted on this forum earlier...my bad!

Second, by way of information, let me also add that here in Georgia, children of legal immigrants get in-state tuition if a 485 has been filed for them. Both my children are paying in-state tuition only. However, this is available in state colleges only, it is evident. I had to submit pay stubs and a letter from employer in lieu of employment verification.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for your support.

Yes, it is possible to get in-state tuition even for H4 students in many states. But, they are not eligible for any Financial Assistance in State or Private Universities.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabacklog View Post
Appear for interview, what interview? If there was a possibility of highlighting this issue you can be assured all FIVE of us would be there.

Those of us affected try hard to raise the issue on a forum of thousands of employment based immigration applicants and the response is non existent, over and over again.

Have you ever heard the saying 'If you cannot say something positive then say nothing at all'?
Yes, it is disheartening to see the poor response by the thousands of IV members to this critical issue. If everyone wants to participate in only the issues that affect them directly today and do not want to even bother about closely related issues, I foresee no solution to any of our issues in the near future...

Old 04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego View Post
Yes, it is disheartening to see the poor response by the thousands of IV members to this critical issue. If everyone wants to participate in only the issues that affect them directly today and do not want to even bother about closely related issues, I foresee no solution to any of our issues in the near future...
EXACTLY!! thats exactly what I am thinking. Everybody has their own set of problems and somehow think that only that matters. While the ilegal group has identified all the problems and are tackling every bit of it massively. Ofcourse we are very few but more than that, the support and comradery is very minimal within EB group.

Rego you mentioned your kids were sent to canada for education? do they have canadian PR? citizenship? just curious. My kid is 9 years from the deadline but still these days news about GC have been really frustating. I am thinking other options too. Pls let me know (you could PM me also if you consider that better).

Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Very important

Hallo, is anybody who is either aged out or has kids that will age out soon/near future, willing to talk to a journalist?? The issue will be reported to a wide audience including law makers. Please come forward and let me know. If this particular journalist has already contacted you then I would highly encourage you to provide the necessary information.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Hallo, is anybody who is either aged out or has kids that will age out soon/near future, willing to talk to a journalist?? The issue will be reported to a wide audience including law makers. Please come forward and let me know. If this particular journalist has already contacted you then I would highly encourage you to provide the necessary information.
I am in the process of talking to this journalist

Old 04-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post

I have already spoken with the journalist who send me a private message and am expecting her to speak with my son also in the next couple of days.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

wonderful. Hope I_aged_out also is able to communicate.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default DomainName

I plan to register a domain name "dreamactforlegalkids.org" to take this forward, anyone interested in running it? I can take care of registering the domain and hosting it in a web server with CPanel

Last edited by rego; 04-22-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
I plan to register a domain name "dreamactforlegalkids.org" to take this forward, anyone interested in running it? I can take care of registering the domain and hosting it in a web server with CPanel
I am a total zero with computers....but can certainly join you as you get this going. Meanwhile some software experts need to jump in to help rego....software gurus please wake up....

Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Writing Skills

I will take care of the software side. I will need help in writing in detail and to actively do whatever is needed to bring more people in...

Old 04-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Site is Up and Running

The Web Site is up and running, as promised (dreamactforlegalkids.org).

Now I need contributors for writing stuff that can convey our thoughts effectively.

Please PM me if you can do some writing.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Mission Statement

I need someone to come up with a nice Mission Statement to appear at the top of the front page of the web site. Please PM me.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
I need someone to come up with a nice Mission Statement to appear at the top of the front page of the web site. Please PM me.
I will work on it during the weekend. However, others please do their part and we could edit and arrive at the final version.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute

We should be submitting our comments to the DREAM Act articles. College Board had a big release today. There are a few comments on extending it to legal children. We need to express support by submitting comments and writing responses.

The link is
http://blog.globalvisas.com/college-...l#comment-3143.

It may be a good idea to spread the word around as much as possible, without worrying about those who do not support

Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

I have just posted on the college board site as well.