Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 04-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
There is a media opportunity so that this issue can get some attention. It can be a start towards getting media attention. Please write to info at immigrationvoice.org if you are interested in the media opportunity.
in your email write-
- Your name, Phone number
- Description/your story
- What do you think is the issue and you want to say in the media about it.

This is important because we want a clear and consistent message going out in the media. I suggest you guys start doing conference calls and make some summary documents so that your messaging is right. Make sure that it goes out as IV so that IV can put its weight on the issue. If you go out as individuals with stories, it will not make any impact on the bill. It is not about stories that much, it is about the issue and how you present it.
Hallo guys, so far I guess we hardly have seen around 4-5 genuinely affected members here. please respond to pappu's request with details. Pls do post here if you need any help.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_aged_out can only hope to improve

Sorry for missing the action this week. I have been busy with exams and classes. I will be free finally at the end of this month. Whenever I get time, I will be making a presentation compiling facts/data and other stories regarding this issue. I will also include my story in to this presentation. I will need you guys to review it and add new info/stories. We can present this to media/senators/general public/youtube/twitter/facebook. Even though we are small in number we can make a voice. Expect this compilation to be done at the end of this month. Meanwhile, as a reminder, please continue to take the effort in voicing your opinions to the senators as well as the media.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_aged_out View Post
Sorry for missing the action this week. I have been busy with exams and classes. I will be free finally at the end of this month. Whenever I get time, I will be making a presentation compiling facts/data and other stories regarding this issue. I will also include my story in to this presentation. I will need you guys to review it and add new info/stories. We can present this to media/senators/general public/youtube/twitter/facebook. Even though we are small in number we can make a voice. Expect this compilation to be done at the end of this month. Meanwhile, as a reminder, please continue to take the effort in voicing your opinions to the senators as well as the media.
Pappu had requested that affected people contact info at immigrationvoice dot org for a media opportunity I am curious whether anybody contacted him or not? There were atleast 4 people here who had genuine stories, I hope you all contacted him with details? how did it go? is there any progress?

Old 04-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Pappu had requested that affected people contact info at immigrationvoice dot org for a media opportunity I am curious whether anybody contacted him or not? There were atleast 4 people here who had genuine stories, I hope you all contacted him with details? how did it go? is there any progress?
No one yet has come forward with their story, contact details and final guidance for the interview
There was one PM from one member about the interview but after that I do not know if further action was taken.

Folks, you are more closer to the issue than anyone. You need to take the lead.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all
Default immigration-law.com

I think we are slowly gaining some exposure.

Attorney Mathew (immigration-law.com) has written a full article highlighting this issue.

Thanks to Attorney Mathew for bringing this up.

http://immigration-law.com

Quote:
From immigration-law.com:

04/19/2009: Victims of Broken Immigration System - Legal or Illegal Children Accompanied Illegal or Legal Immigrant Parents

* There are a large number of youngster immigrants in this country who have been brought into this country by parents either legally or illegally. They were brought into the country when they were children mostly involuntarily by their parents. As time passes, these youngster assmililate into "Americans" and turn into "American kids" in terms of their behaviors, mentality, culture, and value orientation. These youngsters face one common hardship to return to their mother countries. Culturally, socially, politically, and economically they have turned practically "foreigners" in their mother lands and cannot successfully build a life and survive economically and socially in their countries because they are considered strangers to fit into the stereo-type cultures in these countries.
* In order to give a relief to these youngsters, the Congress passed the Child Status Protect ion Act (CSPA) for the "legal" accompanying children of legal immigrants and the Congress is about to debate and consider the so-called "DREAM Act" bill to relieve such innocent victim "illegal" youngsters from the hardships. As noted earlier, both of them share one common feature: They came to this country not at their choice but parents' choice. As the new Administration and the new Congress are about to initiate the Comprehensive Immigration Reform debate, one of these two groups starts receiving increased attention for their legislative relief, "illegal" youngsters, in the form of a piecemeal DREAM Act legislation or in the form of Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act legislation. These youngsters deserve such legislative relief and we fully support the DREAM Act initiatives.
* However, we want to call the political leaders attention to the predicament of other youngster victims from the nation's broken immigration system - legal youngsters who arrived at this great nation not on their own volition but the decision of the immigrant parents. As time passes, some of these legal youngsters who are practically "American kids" face the difficult destiny of a potential forced departure from the country to their mother land because of the flaws in the current CSPA. The problem starts to surface as they approach the age of 21 because of the increased visa number retrogression and the increasing backlog in processing of the green card applications. The CSPA gives relief to certain youngsters even after they reach 21 years of age, but there are some group of these youngsters who are not eligible for such relief beyond certain limited period of time when their opponuties for green card applications will have to be terminated because of the flaws in the currest CSPA. These practical "American kid" legal youngsters will soon have to be separated from the parents, siblings, close relatives, and friends, completely uprooting their lieves in this country because of the potential forced departure from the U.S. The hardship does not end here for these kids. The real hardship will start from the time these kids are forced to depart from the country and after their arrival at their mother lands. Since culturally, socially, politically, and economically they are strangers with not roots whatsoever in these countries, not to mention the language barriers for some of them, they will have to face a difficult issue of survivality in their "practical foreign" mother lands. At the personal and individual level, this can be a real challenge and threat and almost insurmountable hardship which is caused by none other than their parents and the legal system in this country.
* As the country is about to debate the fate of the innocent youngster victims in the immigration process in the form of DREAM Act and the CIR, the political leaders and legislators should not neglect the other grouip of these "voiceless" innocent victim legal youngsters from the perspectives of correct public policy and humanitarian considerations to give an equal shake in the comprehensive immigration reform.

Last edited by rego; 04-20-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Spell Error

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego View Post
I think we are slowly gaining some exposure.

Attorney Mathew (immigration-law.com) has written a full article highlighting this issue.

Thanks to Attorney Mathew for bringing this up.
I did not see Immigrationvoice.org name. It would have helped if he had posted a link to the thread so that people would have known how to go about making the voices heard. Without any advocacy effort, that post will not have any significance to fix this problem.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 04-20-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_aged_out can only hope to improve

I am the one who requested Attorney Matthew to write about this issue. I am very thankful of him to bring this issue to light as he is a very busy attorney and he still made some time. I guess I should have sent him this forum link but I'm sure he is too busy to read through these. My next step is....I want to meet Feinstein and ask her for all our support...is this possible ?

Last edited by i_aged_out; 04-21-2009 at 07:58 AM.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vine93 View Post
Colorado State Govt. considering this bill and have mejority in state republican and democrats to pass the law that will allow illigal immigrants to be eligible for in-state tuition.

http://www.today.colostate.edu/story.aspx?id=781
Have been reading this thread with anguish. This is an important issue and needs to be taken up. Need to mention two points.

First, I have written to our Senator, more than a week ago. I know, I should have posted on this forum earlier...my bad!

Second, by way of information, let me also add that here in Georgia, children of legal immigrants get in-state tuition if a 485 has been filed for them. Both my children are paying in-state tuition only. However, this is available in state colleges only, it is evident. I had to submit pay stubs and a letter from employer in lieu of employment verification.

Hope it helps.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
ganguteli

Quote:
I am the one who requested Attorney Matthew to write about this issue. I am very thankful of him to bring this issue to light as he is a very busy attorney and he still made some time. I guess I should have sent him this forum link but I'm sure he is too busy to read through these. My next step is....I want to meet Feinstein and ask her for all our support...is this possible ?
I am busy too. But I still found time to read your thread. I cannot but laugh at your ignorance. Do you really think someone posting on his website will help solve your problem without doing lobbying. You guys could not even get more than 5 people like you and could not even have the courage to have all 5 of you appear for the interview.

I highly doubt you are really facing any problem or are serious about it.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
I am busy too. But I still found time to read your thread. I cannot but laugh at your ignorance. Do you really think someone posting on his website will help solve your problem without doing lobbying. You guys could not even get more than 5 people like you and could not even have the courage to have all 5 of you appear for the interview.

Your post in itself has its answer. "you guys could not even get more than 5 people like you". Yes and that exactly is the problem. This is a very small movment composed of around 5 people. now YOU have to answer the question, Why not more than 5 people support this movment? Is it because a lot of us consider this "not my problem?" Why should I even support this?
let us imagine that a lot of our members had responded with encouragment and support the motivation would have been greater. You cant expect 4-5 people to make a big movment. Except for Pappu very few senior members supported this very significant idea. We are fighting for children.
Watch the ilegals and see how united they are. If our members cannot support this issue do you think simple lobbying will be effective when the CIR eventually roles in? Do you have any hope that there will be any benefits for EB immigrants in the CIR? Wait and see what happens.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Appear for interview, what interview? If there was a possibility of highlighting this issue you can be assured all FIVE of us would be there.

Those of us affected try hard to raise the issue on a forum of thousands of employment based immigration applicants and the response is non existent, over and over again.

Have you ever heard the saying 'If you cannot say something positive then say nothing at all'?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute Brightsider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Time out, my friend! You have a valid point, and I am not being condescending. However, the issue at hand is serious and needs all the support it can muster. Join in, if you are in agreement, and lend a hand. At the very least, there will be more voices in the chorus.
On the other hand, it could change a lot.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I do not believe posting the link to IV would have had any more benefit to us than the posting on Matthew Oh's website. I am also thankful to have seen this matter taken up by him in any form whatsoever. I would like to have the opportunity to speak with Richard Lugar face to face but finding it very hard to achieve, every call to his office is stonewalled. It saddens me when the people's representatives never meet those people.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:26 PM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabacklog View Post
I do not believe posting the link to IV would have had any more benefit to us than the posting on Matthew Oh's website. I am also thankful to have seen this matter taken up by him in any form whatsoever. I would like to have the opportunity to speak with Richard Lugar face to face but finding it very hard to achieve, every call to his office is stonewalled. It saddens me when the people's representatives never meet those people.
If the link was posted you would have been getting more people to join you on IV. And when more people join you, it means you will succeed. I pity your ignorance and the belief that a post on a lawyer blog is a big achievement.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
If the link was posted you would have been getting more people to join you on IV. And when more people join you, it means you will succeed. I pity your ignorance and the belief that a post on a lawyer blog is a big achievement.
At least your rude posts are putting this thread on the front page.

Keep it up, maybe some other people from IV will begin to read it.

Since you consider yourself to be the all knowing on such matters maybe you have some insightful suggestions how just a few sufferers can make as much impact as 12 million illegal immigrants?

Your constructive input would be most welcome.