Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabacklog View Post
We are in touch with a local TV station in Indiana via a client of my husband's. We are hoping to have then run a short story in the very near future.

We are also personal friends with a state senator who we are hoping will point us in the right direction to get this message out.

On both fronts I will update as soon as I have any news.
It is wonderful to hear about your initiatives. Please also involve as many others who are experiencing the same / similar situation (for eg:- I_aged_out, Rego and others), while putting the story on the news and also while contacting the senator.
Or I would suggest I_aged_out, Rego and others contact their respective senators (only if you / IV suggests that they would be friendly and receptive to this argument). If not I would suggest contact nearby senators who would be helpful.
But when Indianabacklog contacts media/senator, if few others were also involved atleast on paper (Personal experiences with signatures) that might be helpful too. (just a suggestion).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

I think putting you tube videos with your personal stories is a good idea. If each of you can do that, this collection of you tube videos can be sent to TV networks and newspapers. Make sure that youtube videos are your personal stories in your own words rather than PowerPoint slides.

Secondly start talking to each other and create some presentation and leave behind printouts for lawmaker offices. Then start meeting them.

You need to also post on other websites outside of IV to get people suffering on IV platform.

Contact big law firms too and request them if they know of cases and those people can be told about this thread. Contact lawyers who have popular websites and blogs to post about this thread.

You need to think of all ideas possible to get more people like you involved in this effort.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 04-06-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future
Default Colorado state gov going to pass this law pretty soon

Colorado State Govt. considering this bill and have mejority in state republican and democrats to pass the law that will allow illigal immigrants to be eligible for in-state tuition.

http://www.today.colostate.edu/story.aspx?id=781
* Called members of Hispanic Caucus
* Approached local people to join IV

Old 04-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future
Default Correct Link

http://www.leg.state.co.us/Clics/CLI...ile=170_01.pdf
* Called members of Hispanic Caucus
* Approached local people to join IV

Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post

Contact big law firms too and request them if they know of cases and those people can be told about this thread. Contact lawyers who have popular websites and blogs to post about this thread.

You need to think of all ideas possible to get more people like you involved in this effort.
I informed immigration-law.com of this issue and thread, and received a response.

How can we create awareness at AILA? Any ideas?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego View Post
I informed immigration-law.com of this issue and thread, and received a response.

How can we create awareness at AILA? Any ideas?
what kind of response did you recieve? Positive?
The only benefit I see with these attorney / their associations is to get them to inform their clients who might be facing similar situation about this movement. However, unless monitary benefit is involved these guys rarely act. But it is worth trying.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_aged_out can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabacklog View Post
We are in touch with a local TV station in Indiana via a client of my husband's. We are hoping to have then run a short story in the very near future.

We are also personal friends with a state senator who we are hoping will point us in the right direction to get this message out.

On both fronts I will update as soon as I have any news.
Great initiative indianabacklog !

Anybody here from California ? We all can try to set up a meeting with our state Senators ? I know it will be tough to meet up with Feinstein but that would be awesome !

Old 04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
what kind of response did you recieve? Positive?
The only benefit I see with these attorney / their associations is to get them to inform their clients who might be facing similar situation about this movement. However, unless monitary benefit is involved these guys rarely act. But it is worth trying.
I think contacting attorneys is actually a very good idea. Lets come up with a list of attorneys who we all can send emails to address this issue.

One good news for you guys ! I, myself, and couple other people in different forums have contacted our lawyers regarding this Dream Act. They have expressed that this bill's interpretation is left to USCIC but they hinted that they will most likely accept a legal aged out's application as well. If they don't then the methods I posted few days ago, can most likely be used to take advantage of the law. We will know when the bill is passed and when USCIC clarifies it for us. Till then, the best thing we can do is - assume the worst and fight for it !

Old 04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_aged_out View Post

Anybody here from California ? We all can try to set up a meeting with our state Senators ? I know it will be tough to meet up with Feinstein but that would be awesome !
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/Ho...tLawmakers.doc
Please review this guide.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks a lot Pappu !

Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think putting you tube videos with your personal stories is a good idea. If each of you can do that, this collection of you tube videos can be sent to TV networks and newspapers. Make sure that youtube videos are your personal stories in your own words rather than PowerPoint slides.

Secondly start talking to each other and create some presentation and leave behind printouts for lawmaker offices. Then start meeting them.

You need to also post on other websites outside of IV to get people suffering on IV platform.

This is a very nice idea. I will do this weekend and post it here.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_aged_out View Post

Great going!! appreciate your motivation and hope people in california join you. One thing is for sure:-
People who have been affected in past, are being affected right now and who have the chance of being affected in the future SHOULD SHOULD AND SHOULD make an effort to meet/communicate with the senators (according to the IV guidelines--link posted by pappu).
Keep up the optimism and the success will follow.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all rego is a name known to all
Default Kal Penn

I think we must compile something and get in touch with Kal Penn. His focus is liasing with Asian communities as per the news item.

Related thread is here:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ferrerid=28665

Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego View Post
I think we must compile something and get in touch with Kal Penn. His focus is liasing with Asian communities as per the news item.

Related thread is here:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ferrerid=28665
Wonderful idea!!

Who could be better in doing that than some of our kids themselves who are affected and / or will be affected in the near future with this issue. If there are such people in or around New Jersey, or if somebody is willing to travel / phone, please get together and try to meet him. Through him, eventually we might be able to reach a bigger audience for the kids affected.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

There is a media opportunity so that this issue can get some attention. It can be a start towards getting media attention. Please write to info at immigrationvoice.org if you are interested in the media opportunity.
in your email write-
- Your name, Phone number
- Description/your story
- What do you think is the issue and you want to say in the media about it.

This is important because we want a clear and consistent message going out in the media. I suggest you guys start doing conference calls and make some summary documents so that your messaging is right. Make sure that it goes out as IV so that IV can put its weight on the issue. If you go out as individuals with stories, it will not make any impact on the bill. It is not about stories that much, it is about the issue and how you present it.

===================
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 04-08-2009 at 06:47 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.