Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2005
Chargeability
:
Turkey
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
tertip is a jewel in the rough tertip is a jewel in the rough tertip is a jewel in the rough
Default Address change causing RFE on employement??

Hi All,
I wasn't sure where to post this question. Hopefully, it'll get some responses.
I am about to move to a new address at the end of Feb 09. I am a bit worried abt my pending 485 (filed in July 07). My PD is June 2005 EB3-ROW. I vaguely remember reading something on these forums a while back. My question is "can changing your address while 485 is pending cause an RFE for employment verification with the sponsor company? Reason I'm asking is that I am not working with the sponsor company anymore. I "had" to change jobs a year ago and thought it would be safer to keep quite about it to prevent confusion. Now, I'm about to change address and wonder if a change in address might get USCIS suspicious. I really don't want to deal with AC21 or RFEs to avoid problems with the process. I would really appreciate opinions/experiences on this.
Thanks a lot!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

The most important thing is by law you need to report change in Address within 10 days of move. Not doing that can get you in trouble. So there is no work around on that issues unless you want to keep the house and commute to your work place. The question I have is whether this changes of address is in same city or different city? In case it is in same city it does not matter I have changed 3 addresses since filing my 485 and no queries because of that. But in case you are moving cities (could be states too) then yes it can trigger a query but in case you are in consulting then it should be fine because your company can say that you still have the job and it is part of your job responsiblities to travel.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2005
Chargeability
:
Turkey
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
tertip is a jewel in the rough tertip is a jewel in the rough tertip is a jewel in the rough

I am moving in the same city, but a different zip code.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tertip View Post
I am moving in the same city, but a different zip code.
Dont worry you should be cool. Eveyones moves home within city it can be for many reasons like better homes, better schools, less commute etc I did it 3 times in past 2 years and everytime when I filed AR11 I was fine I got the confirmation that address has been updated successfully. I would recommend that you change your Address ASAP.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold
Default Looks like it

My cousin got a RFE on his case (EB2 PD 2007) once he moved.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute
Default i too moved..

I too moved out of city (Austin to Dallas) and changed employers. I have informed about the change of address and it has been successfully updated and there is no RFE.

It is always better to inform the change of address and it is by law.
I-485 : Applied on Jul 2 2007 (TSC)
Changed Employer after 9 months of applying I-485
(AC21 not filed)
Changed address and informed USCIS online and updated the pending I-485 application

Contributed $25 for HIGH Five Drive (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=20183)

Old 02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2005
Chargeability
:
Turkey
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheran View Post
My cousin got a RFE on his case (EB2 PD 2007) once he moved.
Was this RFE for proof of employment?

Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold
Default Yes

Yes, and in addition they want his I94 details

Old 02-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2005
Chargeability
:
Turkey
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Cheran, Did he move in the same city or was it to another town/state?

Thanks a lot to all of you for sharing...

Old 02-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nah is on a distinguished road
Default RFE on pending I-485

Last week I received email with RFE on my pending I-485 case.., this was little surprising considering RFE is issued after almost 4 months since I have moved to a new employment in a new location last sep08. LUD got updated after I filed for change of address in Oct08.

When I changed my employment I did not file for AC 21 documentation to USCIS. So far I have not received any mail from USCIS. Do the RFE details go to attorney or to myself. I am planning using the same same attorney who filed my GC to respond to this RFE..

Pls let me know if you any ideas or experiences with RFE's

-Is there any specific format for to file AC 21
-How many days we have to respond to this RFE

Thanks for your suggestions..
I-140 approved
Filed I-485 June 2007
PD Jan 2003

Old 02-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2005
Chargeability
:
Turkey
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
Last week I received email with RFE on my pending I-485 case.., this was little surprising considering RFE is issued after almost 4 months since I have moved to a new employment in a new location last sep08. LUD got updated after I filed for change of address in Oct08.

When I changed my employment I did not file for AC 21 documentation to USCIS. So far I have not received any mail from USCIS. Do the RFE details go to attorney or to myself. I am planning using the same same attorney who filed my GC to respond to this RFE..

Pls let me know if you any ideas or experiences with RFE's

-Is there any specific format for to file AC 21
-How many days we have to respond to this RFE

Thanks for your suggestions..
I-140 approved
Filed I-485 June 2007
PD Jan 2003
Did you relocate to a different state/city? I wonder if that was the reason that triggered it. I hope the RFE ends up a small matter instead of proof of employment...

Old 02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2005
Chargeability
:
Turkey
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
The most important thing is by law you need to report change in Address within 10 days of move. Not doing that can get you in trouble. So there is no work around on that issues unless you want to keep the house and commute to your work place. The question I have is whether this changes of address is in same city or different city? In case it is in same city it does not matter I have changed 3 addresses since filing my 485 and no queries because of that. But in case you are moving cities (could be states too) then yes it can trigger a query but in case you are in consulting then it should be fine because your company can say that you still have the job and it is part of your job responsiblities to travel.
One thing that worries me is the there is a field for "Employer info" on AR-11. The fact that I switched employers and never filed an AC21 might raise questions since my current employer is different than the sponsoring one. I would assume you haven't gone through employer change yourself?
Thanks for your help.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by tertip View Post
One thing that worries me is the there is a field for "Employer info" on AR-11. The fact that I switched employers and never filed an AC21 might raise questions since my current employer is different than the sponsoring one. I would assume you haven't gone through employer change yourself?
Thanks for your help.
No I was with the same employer & only reason I changed address was because my current apartment lease was getting over & I wanted to move to a different apartment location. It is in same zip code just like a mile away from previous apartment.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where would future RFEs go after we move

If there are RFEs on our 485 application, would USCIS send them to the new address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
No I was with the same employer & only reason I changed address was because my current apartment lease was getting over & I wanted to move to a different apartment location. It is in same zip code just like a mile away from previous apartment.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
If there are RFEs on our 485 application, would USCIS send them to the new address?
Yes if you have correctly filed the AR11 then the RFE/ Approval Notice will come to your new address. You need to make sure that after you finish filling the e-file application for AR11 the application ask's you if you have any pending application there you enter the receipt # of all pending applications so that these get updated with correct info. Failure to do this will make CIS send RFE to old address on these cases.