Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold
Default A Tracker for Losers who didn't attend:

Those who didn't attend the rally(Other than those with genuine reasons and those who contributed in some other way to the success of the rally)
Please post here why you didn't attend..

Some of the reasons I can think of could be:

1. Why bother, others are attending, me not attending won't make a difference

2. Those who are attending are stupid, nothing will change by doing this

3. I love my money and don't want to waste on anything that doesn't give me immediate return on investment.

4. My dates are current. I'll get my GC anyway..

5. I don't want to take a day off. My vacation time is very dear to me.

In my view, the worst kind of losers are those who fall under 4th category. For the first time I truly wish you get stuck in name checks for years and realise what we are or were fighting for !
All others were very close second.

Chapter : WA

ATTENDED DC RALLY
Contacted Law-makers
Contributed $275 so far
Brought 3 new contributing members to IV

Last edited by WeShallOvercome; 09-19-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 09-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
rajsand has a spectacular aura about rajsand has a spectacular aura about
Default please add .. most are of this category!

Please add one more point
I dont want to take a day off for something like this, my leave is precious

Old 09-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajsand View Post
Please add one more point
I dont want to take a day off for something like this, my leave is precious
done

ATTENDED DC RALLY
Contacted Law-makers
Contributed $275 so far

Old 09-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Carlau is on a distinguished road
Default To WeShallOvercome

I guess you just want to vent off and not the real answer to your question. If you want real answers, start a new thread asking politely the people who didn't attend to PM you the reasons. After you get enough replies, create a poll with 10 possible answers and make people vote anonymously, then you will get real replies (If that is what you really want). As per me, I am not going to share my reasons at this point.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

It is over now. So lets leave the folks alone, we did our best, we convinced, begged, pleaded, tried all sorts of things.

Many a time, these things happen due to lack of motivation and also people tend to take things for granted - short sightedness - this problem can be easily solved.

I did my best till the last moment to encourage and bring in as many people as possible and did post some nerve wwrecking threads - my intention was not to hurt these people but tried all possible ways to bring in people.

It is over now, people will realise and come. We have built this community out of passion - we know how each and every person thinks or acts.

I will try to close this thread - if I cannot, I would request Moderators to close it.

Lets focus on positive things from now on

Old 09-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlau View Post
I guess you just want to vent off and not the real answer to your question. If you want real answers, start a new thread asking politely the people who didn't attend to PM you the reasons. After you get enough replies, create a poll with 10 possible answers and make people vote anonymously, then you will get real replies (If that is what you really want). As per me, I am not going to share my reasons at this point.
Atleast you have the courage to come out and say so openly.. something IV can utilize in future

ATTENDED DC RALLY
Contacted Law-makers
Contributed $275 so far

Old 09-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeShallOvercome View Post
Those who didn't attend the rally(Other than those with genuine reasons and those who contributed in some other way to the success of the rally)
Please post here why you didn't attend..

Some of the reasons I can think of could be:

1. Why bother, others are attending, me not attending won't make a difference

2. Those who are attending are stupid, nothing will change by doing this

3. I love my money and don't want to waste on anything that doesn't give me immediate return on investment.

4. My dates are current. I'll get my GC anyway..

5. I don't want to take a day off. My vacation time is very dear to me.

In my view, the worst kind of losers are those who fall under 4th category. For the first time I truly wish you get stuck in name checks for years and realise what we are or were fighting for !
All others were very close second.
My reasons were number 2 and 4....

Closed Thread